Post Match NRL 2014 - Round 8 vs Melbourne Storm Post-match + Player Ratings

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Hitman82, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

2. way2sharp
    Join:
    Feb 28, 2014

way2sharp 1st Grade Fringe

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • List
  3. Kalcod
    Join:
    May 13, 2012

Kalcod 1st Grade Fringe

Great win, would like to have seen the field goal attempt a couple of minutes earlier.

Manu was an absolute beast in the first half, best I've seen him play in a long time.

Whole team was great. We let too many offloads again at the start of the second half, I think the commentators said it was 9 offloads in the first 17mins of 2nd half, but they came through with a great win.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  4. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

GreAt result !!!

Defence won us the game for sure

Only one player for me was taking a few poor options ...friend !

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  5. Jay M
    Join:
    Sep 25, 2012

Jay M Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

I was planning on going to bed... but suddenly I don't feel so tired!

Thought tonight was the best we've seen from Sam, the best we've seen this season from SJ, Friend, Lillyman. Great games by most of the team. Good to see Konrad, Bukuya, Townsend, Mateo back - they all made impacts. Konrad makes easy metres coming out from our end... Really helped our forwards.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  6. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Great game.... But I have one major gripe

Nathan Friends passing is horrific... Especially his longer passes. Trying to set up for the field goal at the end his passes were Justin Marshall like!! Johnson was getting the ball and a defender at the same time!!!

We seem to have fixed the center issue... Now to resolve the hooker one!!

We might also need to find some wingers too!!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  7. henry6606
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2013

henry6606 1st Grade Fringe

don't want to put a downer on the result but wiith neilson gone the team work was awesome for me for me

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  8. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

Fantastic game, I thought EVERYONE had massive games. Fusitua, amazing. Johnson and Townsend had some fantastic play. Tomkins, everywhere, what a game. Great win, the camp will get a massive lift from this.

• List

9. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

Lillyman is just getting better and better !! Another great game bull !!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 12
    • List
  10. Andrew J
    Join:
    May 19, 2013

Andrew J Warriors Bench Player

It was ticker and brains, we gave away no stupid penalties, no stupid errors, I was happy to miss the conversion knowing we would continue to attack, not go into the famous shell.

The whole spine was rock solid! Townsend and friend showed up big time.
    Simon Mannering I was inspired by your defence today!
    Feleti did his job, nothing stupid.
    Lillyman lead the way.
    Johnson smart and game changing
    Thompkins owned slater, starting to make his mark.
    Fuck it the whole team was MASSIVE, finally as a team

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  11. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

My favorite Warriors game by far, the defence matched the epic win over Matt Elliots Penrith all those years ago.....but this was so much more.....how about that offensive defence when we were shot to pieces ? pinning Melbourne on 5 tackles inside their 15 meter line ?

Special Night for Warriors Fans .......If Mcfadden wins next week he will have a record to be envied......two proud losses one epic win....followed by a win in a nothing come down game the week after....that would put him on track for a top eight chase....come on Warriors Rise for McFadden he's a sweet coach.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  12. Nahz
    Join:
    Dec 10, 2012

Nahz 1st Grade Fringe

his passes and body language are telegraphed like Marshall too....no doubt the bloke tackles & trys his heart out but he offers F -All on attack,never has

Great Win!:D

13. rocketman
    Join:
    Jul 20, 2013

rocketman 1st Grade Fringe

what a game defence was bang on Benry was brilliant at center Johnson found his running game real pleasure to watch real heart.

• List
  14. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE Contributor

What a game. What a feeling!

Miss the feeling of not only winning but winning well through hard work and a shit load of heart.

Hard to single out a player but Sam Tomkins was the MoM for the game and few if any could argue. I would happily vote him as my MoM. He seemed to relish playing against his old Aussie International foe Billy Slater. Stepped up big time. Good on ya.

Sam Tomkins 1 - Billy Slater 0

Was impressed with young right edge. Let one try in but did well to snuff out the attacking plays that were favoured their side. Brilliant combo with Ben Henry and David Fusitua for Daves first try. Fingers crossed we get the same combos next week.

One person that really made a difference was Jayson Bukuya. Great to have him back. At times when the teams attack was starting to go aimless he took charge and got the game plan back on track.

The way Chad Townsend played tonight he would be better then Thomas Leuluai. He made some errors but no more than TL is known to do. Wish he was more consistant.

Nathan Friend really stepped up against his former team. Wasnt a flaky on defence and actually dominated. Love the scoots from dummy.

Congratulations to Cappy on implementing a great game plan. I expect to see some apologies from the doubters.

Nice to be happy again. Going to enjoy this win...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 18
    • List
  15. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Massive game boys this is the heart and guts I EXPECT my team to play with. This game rates as one of the best in recent memory, this needs to be the standard going forward if not then this is just a blib on the radar. Well done on your first win McFadden lets hope this is the turning point of the season!

• List
  16. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

I think we look a better team with Ikahihifo on the field.

Fusitua is developing very nicely.

Our small middle gets dominated by big guys like Bromwitch...but they try hard.

Townsend went hard, would like to see TL at 9.

Keep our errors under 10 and we can compete, over that number (like usual) we lose.

Johnsons improvement on defense is amazing, i know iv'e said it before but it's pretty remarkable.

For all Mateo's pluses, how can he plod around the field on defense after being on the park for 2 minutes...don't get that guy.

Great game! great win! now the Warriors face their biggest problem...doing it again next week.

• List
  17. SilentOne
    Join:
    Aug 16, 2012

SilentOne 1st Grade Fringe

They don't play next week due to the test match, hopefully that doesn't hurt momentum too much.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  18. henry6606
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2013

henry6606 1st Grade Fringe

if they continue with that form make the eight with ease still disagree with you on one thing if he had dropped Neilson from time he got in he would of had one more win maybe a clean slate Centres played awesome tonight

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  19. JBmurc
    Join:
    May 19, 2013

JBmurc 1st Grade Fringe

FUCK YES!!!! best game I've seen for a very lonnnnngggg time hope it's a pre-cusor to a change in way the warriors going to play the rest of the season.. real heart ..real commitment ...tomkins his best game ...the D by the whole team(Mannering as usual unreal ) .....Manu / horrell absolute beast runs ....SJ natural talent
    the new boys A+ from Fusitua /Townsend ....

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  20. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Regardless of what it means/doesn't mean for our season, what a cracking game and performance! Just as well they aren't going around next week, need the happy vibes to last a while.

Still got some cattle to come back into the team, there'll be some unlucky to miss out in 2 weeks time.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List