Post Match NRL 2015 - Rnd 3 - Warriors vs Eels Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by NZWarriors.com, Mar 21, 2015.

1. NZWarriors.com
    Join:
    Dec 19, 2012

NZWarriors.com

2. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Death, taxes, and Benry in Centre

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Got the win, happy enough,

These mid game reshuffles of our back line are killing us though. Hopefully Tomkins is OK and Hurrell is fit.

4. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

Didn't like the conversation with Tomkins and Jake at the end. Sam talking solemnly, then Lillyman going FUCK!!! Makes me think he has a decent injury.

I'm going to say it, and I know it will upset a few -if SJ has lost his confidence, then send him down a grade to refind it.

If our backs are going to continue to be fragile, then maybe we need to look at Dom on the bench instead of Benry.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  5. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Warriors are in the top 8 on 4 points after 3 rounds.

Average points for: 20 per game
    Average points against: 15.33 per game.

Mom Townsend.
    Second TL
    Third Hoffman

Special mention to Manu and Kata...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    • List
  6. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

i truly have zero faith in the video ref.

whats worrying is are we that bad without tomkins??? that second half was horrible. im putting it down to attitude. its like heads went down and they didnt want to come back up and fight.

really really happy with le chad(is there a reason to this nicckname? did i not get the memo again) today close to our best player

im not happy with our hooker rotation, its the wrong mistake to bring friend on with 20 to go. not sure how you would use him or the rotaation.

7. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Freddie Futler 1st Grade Fringe

Had to reach out for the heart meds in the second half. First half we killed them, second half Pomkins goes off and all of a sudden Im on the Rainbows End Roller Coaster again. a few more Jimmys and I will settle down.

• List
  8. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

A win that feels like a loss...

Something needs to be done about the make up of our bench. We're losing far, far too much momentum when TL comes off, and Benry isn't really filling any role particularly well... The young boys need some assistance there.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015

9. Slash Razor
    Join:
    Aug 12, 2012

Slash Razor 1st Grade Fringe

cant believe I'm saying this CMoney my MoM great game from him... once Benry went to centre the fullgates opened, looked real dodgy down that edge with SJs tender ass arm, also Friends weak tackles just made it worst, lucky we had enough points

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  10. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

CT played we'll especially the first half

Hopefully ST isn't anything serious, they were willing to put him back on if the scores got closer so hopefully it's just brusing

11. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

Chad 3
    Manu 2
    Hoffman 1

Cappy needs to work on the use of the bench. Also his half time talks.

God I hope Sam is OK!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  12. eX | Machina
    Join:
    Jun 20, 2012

eX | Machina 1st Grade Fringe

Agreed. Henry out, Lousi in for next week.

13. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

It's good to know that teams can take SJ out of the game and we can still put points on...

If Tomkins is out we really need to sort out some backup options for our edge defense down that right side tho. Tough ask with so many outside backs out, but still we have to do better... They were almost breaking our line at will down that side for 15 mins there...

• Inappropriate Inappropriate x 1
    • List
  14. fanrrior
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2012

fanrrior 1st Grade Fringe

Only the Warriors could make a 13+ win feel like a loss. I really hope Tomkins is fit for next week. We are an absolute shamble of a team without him.

Now that Friend has reached his milestone can we please get Havili replace him. We lose so much momentum when Leuluai comes off the field.

Also if Johnson could actually do something useful this season, that would be great. At best, he's a passenger at the moment.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  15. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

In all fairness, Shaun took himself outof the game a lot more effectively than Parra did.

16. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Didn't feel like a loss at all to me.

How many other previous Warriors teams would be able to have four rookies in their side, suffer mid game disruptions and still end up 2-1 at the start of the season?

I'll take any win we can get at the moment, but will want to see more when we're back to full strength.

Lolohea/Wright were working well initially in defense, but things fell apart with communication when Henry moved out there, and I'm not saying it was Henry's fault. It was a combination of a few things.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • List
  17. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

And I'm not quite sure which is worse.

Great game from the old campaigners Mannering and Vatuvei.

Hope it's nothing serious with Pomkins coz we're a different team with him out there.

18. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Hoffman is the man. Him being on the right being a boss means Mannering can switch to his better suited 13 in the middle and be at his most effective. Plus his combo with ST and TL......this signing makes so much sense

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • Inappropriate Inappropriate x 1
    • List
  19. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Good to get another win. Really wanted to put 40 on them to get a little revenge for the two previous round 1 hidings.

The second half was a bit of a mess. It would have been great to have kept the to zero or one try; would have been great to see two weeks with bugger all conceded against us.

Still a good win. Sure the Eels have been crap the last few years but they have been starting seasons well; something we've been a victim of. This year they steam rolled Manly and weren't too bad against the Broncos.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  20. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

Henry is way too slow to defend at center. Maybe he bulked up in the off season and lost all his pace, but he's no center....

Friend is past his retirement age. Havili has to step up... We need to keep friend fresh as injury cover and help with our NSwarriors developing players...