Post Match NRL 2015 - Rnd 6 - Warriors vs Tigers Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

2. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno 1st Grade Fringe

Geez we made that hard!!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

Damn I hate 0 - 0 draws

4. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Great to get the win. 2nd half was painful though and errors are a real issue for us. These last 3 weeks our hands have been nothing short of diabolical.

I can't even name my man of the match, I don't know, no one really stood out for me all that much.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Apus
    Join:
    Sep 6, 2012

Apus 1st Grade Fringe

It's like Cappy speech at half time was something along the lines of "You fuckers are actually catching passes, completing sets and scoring tries! Now go out there and drop every ball like we PRACTICE!"

And we obliged.

Good win but FMD we make it hard for ourselves.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  6. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

Our backline is still largely terrible. Lolohea was much improved and Wright was adequate, but Manu, Kata and Hurrell were bad. A LOT of errors between those guys. Yeah, Manu got a few tries, but fuck did he make a lot of errors. His worst game in a while. Hurrell had one good run, then a massive brain snap and a bunch of defensive errors. Kata continues to underwhelm me with his handling and some of the options he takes.

The halves were very good in this game. Chad continues to display great form and SJ is getting back to his best.

Our forwards are doing an excellent job at least. Matulino, Hoffman, Mannering in particular. Lillyman and the young pups were good too.

On the whole, I'm fairly unhappy, but at east we scraped through with a win. 3-3, but with our injury toll, it could be a lot worse.

• List
  7. Tedster
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2014

Tedster 1st Grade Fringe

A wins a win i guess but man do they make it hard - far too many handling errors. Have to say though haven't been a fan at all of Jonathan Wright but tonight he was great under the high ball.

• List
  8. janfin
    Join:
    May 13, 2012

janfin 1st Grade Fringe

Happy to take that win and I did say that Manu would get 2tries bugger that the
    Point difference wasn't 6 always next week :)

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List

9. K1W1 WARR1OR
    Join:
    Jan 25, 2015

K1W1 WARR1OR Warriors Bench Player

Was a good hard fought win showed some good character in the last 10 boys dug deep

Basic errors still hurting us eliminate those and we can be a top 4 side was good to see a little bit of spark from SJ God to see him roam a bit and PPP up in the left and assist in manus 2nd try looked dangerous with ball in hand

Forwards made some great metres the rotation is working well as a unit and we don't lose any go forward when our young guns come on

Would love to see SJ roam more than what he does he looked to have a spring in his step with ball in hand if the opposition don't sent know where he will attack from they can't target him as much

Goal line and right side defence needs work not sure if it's lack of combinations and communication or what

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  10. Horriors2014
    Join:
    Mar 16, 2014

Horriors2014 1st Grade Fringe

I thought Lolohea was good.The backs as a whole are still searching for combinations. They were all good in patches. Nobody stood out. But I thought Lolohea improved again. He's a real threat.

Mutts possibly Mom. Some damaging runs. Chad was great in patches but missed a couple of key tackles.

11. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Can Jono Wright come babysit my kids, the kunt is safe as houses.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 11
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • List
  12. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

That could have been the one that got away.

Good to see the silly mistakes from last week didn't reoccur well the first half anyway. The second half was a bit of a mess and something that needs to be fixed up.

Lolohea some nice touches from fullback. Townsend a continuation of his form, Johnson seemed to get a bit of form also nice to see him turn up on the left for Vatuvei's second try.

Our go forward is a massive improvement from last year. Lisone is a breath of fresh air with his work at the line.

Vatuvei good to get two tries on your 200th. Also great to see the emotion at the start.

• List
  13. Jay M
    Join:
    Sep 25, 2012

Jay M Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

lucky win.

in terms of MOM - I'd be thinking Jake or Mannering. Both had very reliable games in the middle.

• List
  14. BA-AD Luck
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

BA-AD Luck 1st Grade Fringe

Lots to like, but enough to be worried about! As our quality players return, our attack can only become more lethal. Gifting too many easy yards through the middle on occasions though.

15. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno 1st Grade Fringe

Imagine if Kata was your baby sitter!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  16. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Jesus these guys know how to strip years off our lives!!

Tigers scored 4 incredibly soft tries... All through paper thin defence which needs to be sorted.
    Our attack in the second half was MIA. Not helped by the constant dropsies!!

The use of the bench is also not helping. Players are fatiguing badly and we effectively have 2 fresh guys not being used.

• List
  17. sydneywarrior92
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

sydneywarrior92 1st Grade Fringe

Geez these fuckers will kill me one day. The brilliance, the ordinary and the dead set stupid all within 80 minutes. But I guess 3/6 is still alright with me. We just need to be in touch before origin hits. Thats when we'll catch everyone. Leuluai played really well off our go forward when we were getting over the top of the Tigers. Lisone's has good go forward and the offloading skills of Mateo. Vete is such a big man and every run he makes, he bends the line back like Mutts and Manu do. He can be our biggest forward in a couple of seasons.

Kata makes so many stupid mistakes. He's a strong runner and has decent pace but his errors are just so costly to us at crucial times. He dropped the ball that lead to the penalty goal against the Broncs and his dropped ball when we were getting back on top led to the Richards try. Same as Konrad, so damaging but also inexperience showing.

Johnson's goal kicking has to improve, he will deadset cost us a game one day. I'd even think about giving Chad those duties if this continues.

• List
  18. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

It's bad to drop a baby.:oops:

Good to see Matulino's form continue to improve. Hoffman solid as usual.

Listening to the Tomkins interview with Veitch this afternoon that Wellington Warrior posted on the Tomkins/RTS swap thread. Veitch must have callers and posters on his Facebook writing off our season already. We are 3-3 which would be our best start for quite a few years considering how terrible we usually are at this time of year. We still have a lot of improvement in us but there are a lot of positive signs so far even with how hard we are making things.

• List
  19. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

From the 10th to the 30th minute (give or take a few either side) we were on fire but like the Broncos and Parra games we let them back in, in the second half (or late in the second half for the Broncos).

It was a grinding win and showed we can win these, whereas in the past we would've finished on the wrong side of 26-22 or so.

Happy with the win but lots of work to do

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  20. Est95
    Join:
    May 11, 2012

Est95 1st Grade Fringe

MOM: Gavin Badger

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.