General Discussion NRL 2015 - Rnd 7 - Cowboys vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 18, 2015.

1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

Last edited: May 2, 2015

2. warriors4sure
    Join:
    Feb 16, 2013

warriors4sure 1st Grade Fringe

Im drained...roll on next week...im going to dream about what if our error rate was cut in half...we would be 7-0 ...take away the handling mistakes and we are top the table...hang on we must be top of the table for handling errors :(

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Dino Velvet
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Dino Velvet 1st Grade Fringe

Well I'm going to give a shout out to Jono Wright. He has a safe pair of hands & I'm struggling to think of a single thing that he did wrong from what I saw. Please note that I didn't watch the game for the last two minutes when Kata (I think) knocked on as I knew we were going to lose.

We are not a top four team. Will we make the eight this year ? Probably sneak into eighth spot at best but I'm not keeping my hopes up. One of the most disappointing losses that I've seen as that game was there for the taking.

DanpatmacDanpatmac that comment that you made about the team playing like thalidomide babies as they have no hands summed the Warriors up perfectly.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  4. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno 1st Grade Fringe

Wonder what it's like to not support a team like the Warriors...

See everyone on Tuesday for the team naming.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Ref
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Ref 1st Grade Fringe

Unforced Errors. Say No More.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  6. eX | Machina
    Join:
    Jun 20, 2012

eX | Machina 1st Grade Fringe

Half time in the storm game. It's pouring rain and Storm have made 1 error in 40mins. Roosters 2. Warriors averaging 14.

7. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Hold onto the ball... Complete sets... Make tackles.... Repeat over and over again...

It's not that hard but we didn't do the first or second parts tonight.

• List
  8. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

Where's he link?

9. Apus
    Join:
    Sep 6, 2012

Apus 1st Grade Fringe

Steps to feeling ok about this game:

1) Tip Cowboys
    2) Put KO tip on Cowboys also
    3) ????
    4) Profit

10. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

To lead for the majority of the game only to lose within the last 5 minutes is pretty gut wrenching. I prefer when we do it to the other teams.

To be honest this one hurts more then most losses. It would have been a rare away win at a difficult venue against a team going quite well.

The first half was pretty solid. We got the momentum with the opportunistic try and the Cowboys failing with their kick offs. We managed to hold their momentum shift and come back and score again. The first half was a pass mark.

Then the second half happened the state of 12/20 completions vs 17/20 at the time was pretty telling. We can't keep giving over easy unforced errors you will get punished in this competition. You can accept the odd pass that is pushed that goes forward or the odd drop ball when the play is being pushed for a scoring opportunity. But dropping the ball cold, or loose carries and messy play the balls are unacceptable and what we need to get out of our game.

Defensively we were good for the majority of the game. There was a play in the first half where the Cowboys re-gathered after a kick and went to play some second phase play and instead of rushing like we would have in the past the priority for the guys was to keep the structure. We were defending well enough near the end of the game for multiple sets then let in an easy try from dummy half. The first try from dummy half was bad enough but letting the same player score again to win the game is pretty hard to take.

It's not going to get any easier the Titans aren't going to badly so we can't jus turn up at home next week expecting a win.

• List
  11. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

Chad's worst game of the year.
    Mannering's worst game of the year.

15 fucking errors. How do we go through week after week still making that many errors? I know we have inexperienced players in the team but they aren't the only ones making the errors. The worst part is it's spread across a number of players. Nearly every point they scored was off our errors FFS

Sometimes I wish we were the Dragons with boring solid play on attack and defence.

I also wish we had a good number 9. Just one, please?

On the plus side our fitness looks ok ish.

If this was still Elliott coaching with those types of bench players he would be getting crucified. We have been through this utility/second rower/centre hardly ever used bench player thing before. Three props on the bench and one hooker/utility especially in the heat at Townsville.

Cappy is losing it.

If we could hold the ball we would be unstoppable.

That's a massive fucking if.

• List
  12. Sebastian
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Sebastian 1st Grade Fringe

Losing to the red necks almost hurts as much as Melbourne. Not quite. But almost. I could rage on about errors. Yet most people were predicting a Cowboys 13+ win. After all they had just thrashed Souths away. I knew we were in for a shot. I could feel it. Our inexperienced back line got us the lead and took away the lead. Laumape plays we win. Fusitua needs to come in. It's time. We need a real finisher. My nan just died so i have no idea of how he went. Or when NSW plays. But we need to inject class. Now. Good news is Shaun had a blinder and proved himself to be a worthy Golden Boot winner. IMO outplaying Thurston, easy. Their hooker was much better than ours. We are trying to fix that. Bodene had a immense game with 52 tackles in the heat. He certainly proved his fitness. Konnie is a strange one. Half his stats are god like. 213 metres. 1 line break. Try. Yet it's his missed tackles and errors that let him down. Onto to the Coast. Who are in form. But we'll still thrash them. We would've thrashed the Cowboys at home. Hurts. But not as bad as it feels right now. Cowboys are a different team when in form. They are a true confidence team. And we almost thrashed them. I believe.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    • List
  13. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

That wasn't one of our must win games.

On the end of the toughest road trip in the NRL, coming from frigid Auckland, taking two plane rides up into the sauna that is Townsville...

If it was a cold night at the mount against the cows then I'd really be pissed...

I thought our forwards showed tremendous heart keeping us in the contest right until the last 2 mins... Outstanding again...

Now if our glory hog backline could sort their shit out and help the forwards a little I'd be fucken stoked...

Konrad made 8 tackles. Compared to Boden Thompson who made 47 tackles.

328 tackles to the cows 286....

How fucken much work do these poor cunts have to do to win us a game? Is 500 tackles enough?

But it is hard to drop a guy who's just ran for 200 odd meters...

• List
  14. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Cant be anything but frustrated yet again.

15. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

It's a long way to go to put in that much effort and come away with nothing after leading for 78 minutes. Why not swap the NSW Cup guys for the first grade team for this match and take the loss but save us our first grade guys the travel and heat

• List
  16. eX | Machina
    Join:
    Jun 20, 2012

eX | Machina 1st Grade Fringe

Tell that to Daniel Vidot. The one thing super coach Bennett doesn't tolerate is unforced errors. Perhaps there is a lesson there.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  17. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

i'm going to say it and see the reaction...

McFadden has to do something about these errors.
    The players do it, they make the fuck-ups, but McFadden needs to be seen to be doing something about it. It is round 7 and we are playing like retards.

Something substantial needs to be said or done or something...

In addition,

McFadden's use of the bench has to come under genuine scrutiny now, it is not working.
    We need a more balanced bench and distribution of minutes because the current pattern of giving 2 of the 4 guys about 15mins each is shithouse.

Time to man up McFadden.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  18. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

I wouldn't mind that. Playing attractive football will bring in the crowds but not as much as winning. Knowing your side will not break defensively and not turn over easy possession is what you want. That's how we have been in our better years. We have the players if the game is tight that could pull out the freakish play to win it.

It's the Townsend drop ball while planning his kick with no one around him; or Hurrell losing the ball in contact on a simple hit up or Vatuvei's messy play the ball type errors that are the real frustration. Get these errors out of our game and we can stay in the grind and put pressure on the other teams.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  19. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

So we should be punishing every player who drops a ball with burpies in the heat chamber in front of all the players who didn't drop their balls....

• List
  20. t-wade23
    Join:
    Jun 7, 2012

t-wade23 1st Grade Fringe

Should be in the locker rooms for the next game for every player just as a precaution.

Attached Files:

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List