Team List NRL 2015 - Round 10 - Warriors team vs Eels

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Miket12, May 12, 2015.

1. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

YOUR TEAM | Wright hits 100
    Richard Becht

Tue 12th May, 04:48PM

PARRAMATTA EELS v Vodafone Warriors

Pirtek Stadium, Parramatta

3.00pm, Saturday, May 16

Referees: Grant Atkins and Gavin Reynolds.

Wing Jonathan Wright will make his 100th career appearance and Dominique Peyroux will start in the centres for the suspended Konrad Hurrell in the Vodafone Warriors’ 10th-round NRL encounter with Parramatta at Pirtek Stadium on Saturday (3.00pm kick-off local time; 5.00pm NZT).

Called onto the bench for his 43rd NRL appearance and his first this season is utility forward Sione Lousi while record try scorer Manu Vatuvei has been named on the left wing in the hope he might recover from the sternum injury which forced him off the field in last Saturday night’s clash against Cronulla.

The rest of the side is unchanged from the line-up which beat the Sharks 20-16 with the same starting pack named for the ninth consecutive match this season.

Hurrell is unavailable for the next three games after the Vodafone Warriors decided not to contest the grade three dangerous contact offence he was charged with after his collision with Cronulla forward Anthony Tupou on Saturday night. His absence has opened the way for utility Peyroux to come into the centres on the right edge.

“Dom has been doing a job for us on the bench and has worked for an opportunity like this,” said Vodafone Warriors assistant coach Andrew Webster.

“We’re not going to have Konrad for a few weeks now so this is a big chance for Dom.

“With Dom going into the centres Sione comes onto the bench and gives us some versatility. He has been playing on the edge for our New South Wales Cup side and also covers front row so that gives us options.

“We’re still hoping Manu can come through. He’s a lot better today and he certainly knows his body really well. He’s working hard with the medical team and will be given every chance.”

On the milestone front, Saturday’s match is of special personal significance for the 28-year-old Wright and also for the club as it marks its 500th game in what is its 20th anniversary season.

In his 99th appearance last week Wright had the satisfaction of scoring a try – his third in as many weeks – and celebrating victory against his previous club. Now he is preparing for his 100th at his original NRL club, having made his debut for the Eels in 2009. After two seasons with Parramatta he had two with Canterbury-Bankstown in 2011-2012 (appearing in the 2012 grand final) and then two seasons with Cronulla in 2013 and 2014.

Milestones are also in view for prop Jacob Lillyman, who is five short of his 200th career game, while second rower Bodene Thompson makes his 95th appearance this week and halfback Shaun Johnson his 93rd. With his remarkable match-winning try and two goals against Cronulla Johnson is now only 25 points short of reaching 500 in his career.

The Vodafone Warriors climbed into the top eight with their fourth win of the season last week – their second away victory – and sit eighth on eight points. The Eels are only two points back but lie 15th on the ladder having lost their last two matches 10-28 to the Storm and 16-28 to the Broncos. Just two points covers the 10 teams from seventh (the Roosters) to last (Manly).

The Vodafone Warriors have a bye in the 11th round before facing Newcastle on May 31 in their first match at Mount Smart Stadium in more than a month (4.00pm kick-off; match day sponsor: TNT).

Vodafone Warriors

1 Tuimoala Lolohea
    2 Jonathan Wright
    3 Dominique Peyroux
    4 Solomone Kata
    5 Manu Vatuvei
    6 Chad Townsend
    7 Shaun Johnson
    8 Jacob Lillyman
    9 Thomas Leuluai
    10 Ben Matulino
    11 Bodene Thompson
    12 Ryan Hoffman
    13 Simon Mannering (c)

Interchange:
    14 Nathan Friend
    15 Sione Lousi
    16 Sam Lisone
    17 Albert Vete
    18 Raymond Faitala-Mariner

HEAD COACH: Andrew McFadden
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno 1st Grade Fringe

Decent team.

Not sure what Friend offers from the bench though.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  3. ramps
    Join:
    May 2, 2013

ramps 1st Grade Fringe

wow that's the most boring backline in the comp don't you reacon? we have an injured manu, a second rower playing centre and a lanky fix it man in our top side. really thought Fusitua would get a call up or maybe Maumalo, hes been playing well in NSW Cup

4. warriors4sure
    Join:
    Feb 16, 2013

warriors4sure 1st Grade Fringe

Don't expect Manu to play this week......Fusitua or Maumalo to take his place..surprised that Friend is playing...waste of a bench spot..his dummyhalf work was slow as a wet week..rather leave Leuluai in there for 80 minutes or blood havili !

• List
  5. ramps
    Join:
    May 2, 2013

ramps 1st Grade Fringe

whoa just a few weeks ago everyone wanted friend to start and ply the full game lol if he can do some sniping from dummy half hel be effective. but then again why cant havili have it, seeing friend will be finishing up this year

6. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Freddie Futler 1st Grade Fringe

Im happy with the team and special mention to the Beast serious injury and he wants to play. His mental toughness needs to filter down to a few others in the team.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  7. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Fuck yeah LOUSE

Plz give him more than 10min Cappy

8. stacky18
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2013

stacky18 1st Grade Fringe

Love to see Lousi back, with Vete, Lisone and Lousi we have some real young mongrel and energy coming onto the park off the bench. Hope they all come on and just rip in at a hundred miles an hour.
    Looking like Cappy really doesn't rate some of our young guys: Havilli can't even take a 15minute bench spot, Cappy must think he's shit to keep playing Friend after the last 2 months.
    Peyroux being picked over Allwood and Fus speaks volumes about where they are rated defensively.

I guess Rapira is quite seriously injured.
    Still no Tomkins, 5 week initial injury is now going to be 11 weeks at the minimum. Anybody seen him at training? Can he run or do a walk through? Waiting for Tomkins is starting to feel like waiting for Fish.

The team is as expected, great to see Manu named.

Hopefully we see a better performance than last week. The penalties didn't really worry me, they evened up and our D was good enough to handle the pressure.,It is our kicks inside the opposition 20 that are fucking terrible and a been a season long problem. We need to force more resets and stop kicking straight into guys arms and legs. Both our halves need to really step up and end sets stronger.

Eels are easily bullied out of the game. I reckon they will try to grind the Warriors out this week and tighten up their game. We commit less errors and we'll get the chocolates. Its about muscling up and intimidating their pack so they are forced into panicking, playing high risk footy and making mistakes. We gotta get them off their game, last two times we played them we did this by dominating the ruck early.
    Warriors by 30 or maybe by 2.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

9. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Good team, I would probably rather see Manu rest this week and play Fusitua on the wing, with the guys we have out I think the backline selections are solid.

I've always been a Friend fan but it might be time to see what someone offers at 14, however in saying that, the way Cappy uses him is ridiculous. Makes no sense to me, if he is to play he needs a 30 min stint in the middle. TL to start and finish games, I really wish he would happier passing to his right because the rest of his game has been pretty good.

Great to see Lousi get a shot imo. DP too finally gets 80 mins to show what he's made of.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  10. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Eels are a much different team at home. Really surprised at the Peyroux selection, but not discouraged by it. It's pretty much gotten to the horses for courses stage. Hope SJ is happy to spend some time linking to the left. If I looked to my right and saw Thompson, Peyroux and Wright I'd be saying "fuck that" as well.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

With Luke coming do people really think Havilli has a place here? I think that train has left the station.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Nah, but could he potentially offer us something this season that Friend doesn't from the bench? Could he give us that running game to open opponents up when their forwards are tiring? Maybe.

13. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

The Eels are just the Warriors 2.0...two possible results here, either one team will get absolutely smashed, or it will be another cripple fight where stupid rules the day.

• List
  14. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

I guess that's the question. I suppose what hurts him is how many other youngsters we're already carrying. With Friend you know what you're going to get most the time. Havilli could be a lottery.

15. Tedster
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2014

Tedster 1st Grade Fringe

Is Tomkins still in Auckland? Anyone see him in rehab pics or anything?

16. warriors4sure
    Join:
    Feb 16, 2013

warriors4sure 1st Grade Fringe

N
    Everyone doesn't include me buddy haha..admire friends heart but his dummyhalf work leaves a lot to be desired.

17. Mojo154
    Join:
    Apr 22, 2015

Mojo154 NSW Cup Player

Looks like a Team that's going to run around like headless chooks for 75 minutes waiting for a miracle!!! Have Matagi and Rapira fallen off the earth. Does anyone else think Mannering is a good option at centre surely we have enough 2nd rowers and props to work the middle and use Friend as a defensive player. Fusitua and Maumalo deserve a start mention. Dom has a high work rate which involves good and bad play same as Kata, I don't trust them enough to be defensive centres.
    The miracle against Cronulla was amazing, big ups to those involved but can we base our game on a more structured pattern, I know its not easy but its worth working towards.
    GO Da Warriors

18. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

Dominique Peyroux gets his opportunity this weekend. Good luck to him. It could be his last chance to show what hes got in the NRL

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  19. phil.kingston
    Join:
    Jun 15, 2013

phil.kingston 1st Grade Fringe

I was wondering that myself too....but looks like he's injured. Not expected to be back till week 13-14

20. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Wondering why Fusitua isn't picked and Peyroux gets a start??

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List