Team List NRL 2016 Round 17 - Warriors vs Titans TEAM LIST

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by NZWarriors.com, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Yes

2. Yes considering who is available

3. OK

4. Bench is weak

5. No

6. WTF!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

Well he knows Wright is breathing down his neck...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

2. eric
    Join:
    May 27, 2015

eric 1st Grade Fringe

Vatuvei/Maumolo anyone? lol
    Lolohea just needs to know that a first grade spot is a privilege, not a right.

At least I don't have to deal with his bogus kick returns anymore. Here's hoping anyway.

• List
  3. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno 1st Grade Fringe

What's wrong with Manu?

4. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Freddie Futler 1st Grade Fringe

You are right, but he has so many fan bois on here that do not see his flaws. They see his undoubted talent but overlook his flaws.
    At Fullback he won't catch a high ball on the full, his positional play is all wrong, his kick returns are shite, and he misses every tackle.
    At standoff he runs like a crab and I have seen him lose 20 meters.
    On the wing is where he has played his best games both on attack and defence.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  5. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Freddie Futler 1st Grade Fringe

Simon Mannering and Mount Smart Stadium will be in sharp focus for a unique double 250 celebration when the Warriors host the Gold Coast Titans in Saturday's 17th-round NRL clash.

The 29-year-old Mannering, one of the modern-day game's most consistent and durable players, will become only the second player after the great Stacey Jones to appear in 250 NRL matches for the Warriors.

The encounter with the Titans will bring Mannering within 12 games of going past Jones' record 261 games.

His feat will also coincide with the Warriors' 250th first-grade game at Mount Smart Stadium since the club's beloved home was christened by the original Auckland Warriors at the then-named Ericsson Stadium on March 10, 1995. The games so far have comprised 246 regular season matches and finals against Canberra in 2002, Parramatta in 2007 and the Sydney Roosters in 2008.

Of Mannering's 249 games to date, 113 have been at Mount Stadium while the club's record at the grand old lady shows 145 wins, a draw and 103 losses for a success rate of 58.2 per cent. Mannering has featured in 12 of the club's 22 seasons to date.

He will be part of settled side named on Tuesday following Saturday's night's dramatic 18-19 golden point loss to Cronulla, a result which left the Warriors with a 7-8 record. They're just two points off eighth place with five home games and four away fixtures to go in the regular season.

Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden has made minimal changes to the side eventually used against Cronulla.

After being originally picked on the wing but then switched to fullback, the impressive David Fusitua is this week named in the No 1 jersey while Tuimoala Lolohea, who came off the bench last week, is named on the right wing replacing Jonathan Wright. Nathaniel Roache is back on the interchange after turning out at hooker for the Junior Warriors in their 36-32 win over Cronulla; the rest of the bench is unchanged comprising front rowers Ben Matulino, Sam Lisone and Charlie Gubb.

Saturday's clash is the first of two against the Titans in just a few weeks with the two sides meeting again in the 22nd round in Robina on Sunday, August 7.

The Vodafone Warriors have won 11 of their 18 matches against the Titans since they came into the competition in 2007. They had eight straight victories over them from 2011-2014 before being beaten at Mount Smart Stadium on Anzac Day last year. They won the return match at Cbus Super Stadium 36-14 in June to give them a record of nine wins in the last 10 battles; in eight contests at Mount Smart Stadium the record is 5-3 in the Vodafone Warriors' favour.

New Zealand Warriors: David Fusitua, Tuimoala Lolohea, Blake Ayshford, Solomone Kata, Ken Maumalo, Thomas Leuluai, Shaun Johnson, Jacob Lillyman, Issac Luke, Albert Vete, Bodene Thompson, Ryan Hoffman (c), Simon Mannering. Interchange: Nathaniel Roache, Sam Lisone, Ben Matulino, Charlie Gubb.

- Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

6. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

I've loved Tevaga's efforts in first grade, but his pass isn't great. The last two games I have seen of reserve grade he has had some shockers. He has a fantastic attitude, is as tough as nails and seems to have a great head, but you have to wonder if he is going to be another player that doesn't really fit into any defined position. It is much easier to identify Roache's role imho, and he seems to have versatility and a bit more attacking flair. Tevaga offers fantastic defence and a mature approach to the grind, but he is a small loose forward, not a utility back and is only solid as a hooker (at this stage).

I personally would go for Roache, I think he will break a game open at some point this year. He just needs a bit of confidence to run and stamp his mark.

The team looks good. I'd personally like Sipley for Lisone. The more Sipley the better for me; gonna be great.

Manu is a mystery.

• List
  7. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

Where to begin...:D

8. diehard
    Join:
    Jan 27, 2016

diehard 1st Grade Fringe

Haven't seen the press conference yet. Can't wait til Cappy explains his U turn on Wright. Wait, don't even explain it. Just make it right. Which you did.

Dear Cappy,

One more request sir. Ata for Lulu. You can put Lulu on the bench, as you don't play the backs from the bench anyway, or let him take a break to rest his head with Manu.

9. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

His leg's still giving him grief - he could be a late inclusion but I get the feeling they'd prefer to rest him this week, then the bye, and access him again after that.

From a mutual friend, it hasn't got anything to do with the previous medical leave although ongoing care from outside of the club is still happening with that.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  10. Iafetas Kickstand Wang
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Iafetas Kickstand Wang 1st Grade Fringe

"I fucked up last week" should be the title of Cappy's press release.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

He's an absolute natural on the wing as you say both offensively and defensively, and has looked fantastic every time he plays there...he's not a fullback even though he undoubtedly has the ability to play the position, he's just not born to wear the 1 jersey...the same goes for the halves, he's not a natural playmaker even though he can create some unbelievable plays.

The one thing he has going for him as a future half is that you dont have to be a gifted half to play in the position and be very successful, it's a position where the basics performed consistently and well while under pressure is a huge asset, the likes of Cronk and Kimmorley are good examples, and neither have close to the talent of Lolohea...I have no doubt he has the physical ability to play in the halves, he's just a long way off maturity wise.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • List
  12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Because Roache has experience on the wing;)

13. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Then we would have to win in 4's lol.

I'm sure Kata is worth a shot if we are desperate

• List
  14. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Maybe Wright should practice his kicking - then he'd be a sure thing each week ;)

15. 6 Again
    Join:
    Sep 29, 2015

6 Again 1st Grade Fringe

Here's the Team match up ladies and gents.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

From the players we have available I like the look of our back line for this week, might have to play gritty again for this one, the Titans have been much improved this season.

16. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

round 17 already, seasons almost over

They have probably named the best team possible, 5 wins to get to 28 points from 8 games

Warriors should make the finals with Eels getting kicked out at some stage and a favourable draw with only really the cowboys as a probable loss

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  17. kbazi
    Join:
    Mar 18, 2014

kbazi Warriors Bench Player

I don't normally think this with our boys but when I do I'm typically always right.

Warriors will put 40+ on them this week. I'm hoping we use this to get our +/- into the positives.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  18. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

Guessing they would've picked Konnie if he was allowed to play against us.
    He wasn't in the first grade squad last week and pretty sure he didn't play Qld Cup. Was he Injured? Or still knackerd?!
    McQueen's in the centres this week because their centre Nathan Davis broke his ankle the other night, will be out for quite a while.

19. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Struggling to write this but this team selection has no complaints from me....I'd be disappointed if we do not win this week...

20. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.