General Discussion NRL 2016 Round 23 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'NRL Discussion' started by NZWarriors.com, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Bulldogs vs Manly

2. Broncos vs Eels

3. Tigers vs Titans

4. Warriors vs Rabbitohs

5. Dragons vs Sharks

6. Knights vs Panthers

7. Roosters vs Cowboys

8. Raiders vs Storm

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NZWarriors.com
    Join:
    Dec 19, 2012

NZWarriors.com

NRL 2016 Round 23 - General Discussion

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

A thread for all 2016 Round 23 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week. A new like this thread will open every Tuesday for team list Tuesday.

Feel free to add team lists as they become available people. Thank you...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Freddie Futler 1st Grade Fringe

The Roosters have have made this round even more important, gee they have turned to shite this season and really only lost Maloney who has worked his magic down in the Shire.
    Their loss has moved us back to eighth and the Tits who started the round in Seventh are now tenth.
    Looks like another photo finish for the eight. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

I still think its funny as shit that the Eels were docked that many points and still aren't last.

The knights need a strategy where they get more byes, because that's where they have netted the bulk of their points (I do feel sorry for their supporters though, that has to be immensely frustrating to support).

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  4. eric
    Join:
    May 27, 2015

eric 1st Grade Fringe

Knights have more points from byes than wins this year. They must be up there with the worst ever.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. eric
    Join:
    May 27, 2015

eric 1st Grade Fringe

Zero tackle just released their 'team of the year'. No Warriors in the starting team but honourable mentions to Kata, Lillyman and Johnson.

Some ludicrous honourable mentions went to Sam Burgess, Ben Hunt... Can't remember the other dud selections but there were a fair few. No mention of Mannering even though he's been having a really good year.

• List
  6. kurgal
    Join:
    Aug 18, 2013

kurgal Warriors Bench Player

Panthers are a shoo-in for the top 8 having just beaten the Roosters, about to play/beat the Knights, and their other remaining games look like easy wins. I think the real battle (and the Warriors' only real hope) is grabbing the 8th spot on the ladder.

7. eric
    Join:
    May 27, 2015

eric 1st Grade Fringe

Broncos also have a pretty tough run home. Eels at home this week which they SHOULD win but they've been very poor at home on a few occasions this year. They were also pretty terrible against the Dragons last week.

Then they have Bulldogs, Storm & Roosters (chooks gave them a dust up recently). They could very well only win 1 of 4. My guess is they'll win 2 but its possible we can get above them.

• List
  8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

The bookies are cautious on them. The Knights are not getting thrashed like they used to, although they are still losing, and Penrith have to play the Tigers yet. If the Tigers beat the Titans they will be out of it, so the Panthers game will be a big one for both of them.

9. fanrrior
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2012

fanrrior 1st Grade Fringe

To be fair to the Roosters, RTS and Jennings are no small loss. Plus when you start the season with 3 new players in your spine, rookies/experiment at that too, you're always going to struggle.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  10. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

You want to be fair to that bunch?:D

11. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

Plus the knights have to beat someone. Surely they won't go the whole season with one win, surely.

• List
  12. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

This weekend is a MUST win for us IMO.

This is how I see it going down.

Titans will beat Tigers but will be a close game giving Titans 25 comp points ( we really need this game to be close and the Tigers to win it ) as they are on -47
    Panthers to smash the Nights and get their for and against up giving Panthers 26 comp points but a very good for and against
    Warriors need to not just beat the Rabbits but put us in positive not stay in negative points if we are to have any chance of making or staying in the 8

13. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

How does SJ get an honourable mention, his start to the year was terrible, lilyman is the same. What about Bodene, he has been our best player.

14. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Are you sure? The bookies have them at evens, and the Tigers are the away team. As long as we keep on winning we can sit back and watch the skin fly with those four points games alongside. If we concentrate on our own destiny we could make 6th...fair dinkum.

15. eric
    Join:
    May 27, 2015

eric 1st Grade Fringe

I don't take zero tackle too seriously but there were some head scratchers that's for sure.

There were just a few honourable mentions for each position throughout the whole comp. There's a handful of second rowers playing better than Bodene but I agree he's been solid for us this year. Lillyman probably got a mention because of origin and he hasn't really done much wrong to be honest.

SJ I reckon has been decent compared to a lot of the the halves this year. Especially with his bung leg.

I was mostly surprised at Mannering not getting a mention in the lock category. He has been a machine this year. Zero tackle for you...

16. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

Sky Tv moving tonight's show of NRL360 to a 1am replay so they can show a union show really annoys me!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  17. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Dam didn't notice that. I went to the movies last night so have been watching last nights now to catch up. That means I will be catching up again tomorrow.:mad:

The breakdown is shown live on 52 instead of NRL 360 and then replayed straight away on 51. Surely they could get NRL 360 on earlier.

I'm guessing this is so they can get replays of the Olympics. But it's still good to get the normal day to day stuff out as well.

18. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

Hahaha man I laughed at that list, absolute shit. Probably agreed with maybe two selections at most.

• List
  19. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

let's hope for a Knights upset this weekend!

20. Weno
    Join:
    Nov 3, 2012

Weno 1st Grade Fringe

How does a 50+ tackle count not get you in a team.

• List