Post Match NRL 2017 - Round 22 - Knights vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Aug 5, 2017.

1. A+

2. A

3. B

4. C

5. F

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

They're not up to the challenge.

Pure and simple.

They can get their go forward working but at the cost to the defense. Or they can get their defense working but at the cost to their go forward. If they balance the two out evenly they get soundly beaten on both.

Better to look good at one aspect and give the coaching staff some false hope, than to expose yourself as the imposter that you really are.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List

2. adalu239
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2013

adalu239 1st Grade Fringe

Can someone please enlighten me who these players who showed effort, and those that didn't? This is a genuine post, I missed the game and have only watched periods.

From what I've gathered, Mannering, Roache, Matulino good effort?

The rest, none? Particularly Maumalo, luke, Lisone?

Mt Wellington, some assistance here please!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. adalu239
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2013

It's actually really enjoyable! We lost our semis, but I won an award. You get these warm tingly feelings, undescribable..Haha Reminiscent of Jerome sending manu down the sideline, inside ball to Witt to win against the storm. The last time I got that feeling watching the warriors

• List
  4. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

Didnt watch it.
    Bet on the Knights.
    Made money.
    Had fun with friends instead.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. kos
    Join:
    Mar 16, 2013

kos 1st Grade Fringe

I thought Lino played better then Foran. All of the Warriors 3 tries (1 was diasallowed)were initial pass from Lino and on his side of the field. He died with ehe ball 2 or 3 times but maybe that was a coach instruction. Lino,s kicking game is much more effective than Forans he forced a couple of try line drop outs.
    Foran worked hard buit his kicks were ineffective and he died with the ball a lot huh maybe noone to pass to.

Ken M suffers from having Kata inside him.
    Fusitua went okay , Blake went ok.

Roache looked better than Luke but played a lot less minutes. RTS tried hard.

Who played badly? You would need to study forced and unforced errors ( Lisone usually features here)and missed tackles.

We have probably 4 or 5 players who are not first grade standard and it hurts us.

I went to the Titans game and they are the same. 5 or so players again not really first graders.

BJ Leilua and Jordan Rapana will cut up next weekend, no question. Could be nasty.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  6. adalu239
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2013

Start Ata, Lino and Roache? Drop Lisone, Sao, bell? Being in Satae, pat Sipley, Gavet/Vete (if they're fit)?

7. Panther
    Join:
    Aug 13, 2016

Panther U20's Player

The only thing I can think of is that many of the players are pathetic at training and Kearney only wants to put those players into first grade that do the work at training. Satae and the Tof Sipley did impress on the paddock when given a shot but haven't been back, it can't be their fitness because Tevaga and Bell hardly played anyway.

If that's the case fair enough, but these guys have to leave the club

• List
  8. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Some honest conversations then sensationally the same team next week!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List

9. Tedster
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2014

Tedster 1st Grade Fringe

Or he isnt stopping at the drive thru en route to the airport...:eek:

10. Tim burgess
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

Tim burgess 1st Grade Fringe

The structures of the club
    Need rebuilding up from the ground. The U20 is a disgrace. ISP is going ok but how many are potential first graders.

Backroom changes are also required ie Iro and co need to go with a complete overhaul of player recruitment for U20 etc.

It needs to be a Newcastle type rebuild.

• List
  11. letsgonewarriors
    Join:
    Jul 4, 2013

letsgonewarriors Warriors Bench Player

Some notes from the game:
    Lisone along with Luke not coming off his line early on helped Newcastle get that first try. Afoa not really a great player not first grade quality, feet for hands running off Foran. Jazz Tevaga experiment didn't work struggled with the pace of the game. Kata just doesn't have a clue in defence and attack. Jacob Lillyman just seems so slow in defence doesn't bend the line like the majority of our forward pack. I would definitely start Roach ahead of Luke for the next game. They also made a mistake not starting Matulino. Everyone else played ok . Just no real confidence in the side.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  12. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 1st Grade Fringe

Just because we stupidly signed a mentally cooked Foran and then surrounded him with mentally inept reserve graders, you think hes never been up there with the best halves?? Cut it out

• List
  13. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

If Foran wants people to stop thinking he's clocked off and is only interested in his new life in Sydney, playing like he did yesterday will not do that.

Lino was good (I admit at the 10 minute mark I was thinking "the commentators haven't mentioned Johnson once, were is the lazy sod!" Nek minnit: "Oh...Yep...Sorry, Shaun!"), Roache better than Luke.

Raiders did a number on the Sharks so next week could get messy.

• List
  14. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Why he fuck did the trainers make him walk off?? Where the fuck was the medi cab??

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  15. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

The problem is that there's too many guys who don't have the talent to make it in this grade, guys like Lino, Tevaga, Bell, and even Kata to an extent. While we have too many guys that have the talent but don't have the mental strength like Maumalo, Lisone etc etc.

Blow it up and start the rebuild. I'd rather go through a 2 year rebuild like the Knights have just been through, than remain a mediocre team for the next decade.

• List
  16. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

OK tell me when - what seasons was he 'elite' and what do you base it on?

17. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 1st Grade Fringe

I don't know anyone whos ever put him up around JT/Cronk/Lockyer status?? Foran is a driver, he gets teams round the park and allows guys like dce/norman/SJ to finesse off the back of it. He also plays hard and direct at the line..unfortunately hes only had hoff/Afoa, Kata, Maumalo to work with this year. His kicking game is actually pretty decent, but hes been playing with leg injuries all year. Add that to his mental state, the fact hes signed with another club and being investigated again by the nrl for salary cap issues at manly. I know hes been average as fuck this year and Doyle gambled and lost. But you're letting what you've seen this year cloud your judgement. I watched him all through his manly years, when he is on he is a weapon. You'd be crazy to think he won't get back to that form outside of the warriors if he gets his ducks in a row.

• List
  18. Leaguegod
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2015

Leaguegod 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Lino was terrible, not up to grade standard, why is Mutts leaving? he is a starting prop in any other team, but Doyle and Mooks believe otherwise, so they offer unders and guess what?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

I always thought Foran was a very good link man - as you say, he ran direct and he played the game at pace. However that type of game never elevated him to elite status which is what a lot of people try to suggest he is. However I doubt you will see him back to his best - ask Manly fans what they thought of him towards the end of his time there, it generally isn't complimentary. He has barely been above average as an NRL half for a few seasons now. I reckon what we are seeing from him in 2017 is pretty typical of what he has been offering for some time. That makes him very overrated.

• List
  20. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

As in for the Kiwis with a good pack and SJ on the other side.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List