Team List NRL 2017 Round 23 - Warriors vs Raiders TEAM LIST

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

I remember hearing that too, but if they can fit good backups into their salary cap, does it really matter?

Just seems like an admission that the cap isn’t equal across all clubs, and without it there would be more Benji Marshalls and David Meads waiting in the wings for an injury at Brisbane.

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

Gotta feel for Kearney really. Any muppet can see what needs to happen but what do you do? You only got so many players with so much skill/talent. Do you make real changes and lose by 100 points or make superficial changes and try get a win? Double edged sword if ever there was one. You could change the whole team for the ISP Cup team but they would get dicked by a record margin or you can try get the the best of the rest knowing that a win makes everything in Warriors Nation right for at least another round.

Glad its not my problem...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 12
    • List
  4. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

I don't feel squat for Kearney.

Its a high risk role he was taking on. If he succeeded the rewards are endless.

If he fails, he's going to have to man-up and take it on the chin.

The fact it appears he doesn't have a fucking clue what he's doing other than repeat the same mistakes at Parra is a big worry though.

I don't believe the excuse of no wanting to sack another coach is warranted if you intend to bring in a new one with a different strategy.

Because lets admit it, Elliot, Cappy and SK has literally applying the same losing formulae at the Warriors. Kill hero ball, kill size and play the %s

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  5. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Since I've been living in Sydney Parra have been my 2nd team. I remember SK's tenure only too well.
    His two seasons were an absolute disaster. Press conferences were just dribble. I had to question at times whether English was his first language

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. Ranger
    Join:
    May 23, 2012

Ranger 1st Grade Fringe

One News tonight saying Luke might end up playing reserve grade, depends on Foran's fitness.

Other's named potentially playing reserve grade as well.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

Yep saw that,

Luke was training with the ISP team.

Would mean Hingano on the bench...they say "injury concern" for Foran LOL.

Also reiterated Lillyman to be dropped too.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Jwoodzy02
    Join:
    Nov 14, 2015

Jwoodzy02 Warriors Bench Player

Foran's fitness?

9. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

We can only hope

• List
  10. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

RE Kata, there may be other things at play. SK may be giving every opportunity to prove himself, so if he does get turfed, players won't crack the shits as SK gave him a chance.

2ndly, with the salary cap dramas, maybe they are trying to maintain his value, and get rid of him all together.

I would much prefer to see CNK in there, but maybe Doyle and SK are playing the long game.

• List
  11. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

He is off his medication, that will be causing him problems for sure. Going off anti depressants causes all sorts of side effects.
    Believe it or not he is actually quite a thoughtful and intelligent speaker. Press conferences are a different thing all together. Some people like Matt Elliott are good at it, some aren't.

12. Khaboom
    Join:
    Apr 22, 2016

Khaboom Warriors Bench Player

Be nice to hear some intelligent and thoughtful speech - how long shall we wait?

13. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Only positive I see from Kata. CNK is a great attacking centre who can set up his winger or finish brilliantly but his defence is actually quite shocking. Missed tackles means you were at least in the vicinity to make an effort. CNK at times looks like he isnt even on the same park he's been caught out that badly at times.

Right now Kata is still the better option due to his better defence...

• List
  14. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Juries still out on Mooks for me but the fact is he is playing chess with Cappys leftover pieces...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  15. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

My thoughts as well, at the start I really did think he was a great FIT for us, and TBH at that point ANYONE was an improvement on Cappy. right???

Almost at the end of this clubs run for 2017, and i'm still not 100% sure...........maybe he needs more time in charge of this lot......I really don't know.

• List
  16. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

17. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

Warriors v Raiders: Schick Preview
    Thu 10 Aug, 2017, 9:40am
    By Corey Rosser‌, New Zealand Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY -
    Schick Hydro Preview: Warriors v Raiders
    Mount Smart Stadium
    Saturday, 2pm AEDT, 4pm NZT

Top eight hopes are on the line for the Canberra Raiders while the Warriors are desperate to end a five-week nightmare without a win when they meet this Sunday in Auckland.

The New Zealand outfit crashed to a new low last week with a limp effort in a 26-10 loss to the Newcastle Knights, their 13th defeat of the season.

The Raiders on the other hand claimed the scalp of defending premiers the Cronulla Sharks, downing them 30-12 in convincing fashion to keep themselves within four points of a finals berth.

Warriors coach Stephen Kearney has dropped veteran hooker Issac Luke back to the bench in favour of Nathaniel Roache, while Ryan Hoffman is back in the second row. Jazz Tevaga is in the reserves after starting at lock against Newcastle.

Canberra have maintained the same 17 as they look to make it three wins on the trot, with Ricky Stuart shifting Elliott Whitehead at lock.
    ‌Why the Warriors can win: They haven't shown it for quite some time, but there's still enough quality in this team to compete. Last week in the loss to Newcastle the Warriors still managed to complete at 81 per cent and make five line breaks. Veteran forwards Jacob Lillyman, Ben Matulino and Simon Mannering are still recording big numbers in yardage, while at the back captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is capable of sparking the attack. If they can plug some gaps in defence this team has the talent to cause an upset.

Why the Raiders can win: The Raiders' revival is being driven by consistent defence. Across their last four matches Canberra have kept opposing teams to under 20 points on each occasion, averaging just 16 points leaked in their last month of football. Fresh off a showing against the Sharks where they gave up only two tries, Canberra's ability to suffocate the struggling Warriors' attack will be key.

The History: Played 37; Warriors 17; Raiders 20. The Raiders have enjoyed plenty of success over the last two seasons against the Warriors, with three wins on the trot including a 20-8 win back in April this year. However at Mount Smart Stadium the Warriors have won 11 of 17 against Canberra, having lost to them just twice in Auckland since 2002.

What are the odds: The Warriors are the least supported side of the round with Sportsbet with an incredible 98 per cent of all money on the Raiders. Canberra have been a lock in multis for the round and have been well supported at both the line and 13+. Latest odds at Link has been hidden. Please Register to view..

Match officials: Referee: Adam Gee. Assistant referee: Gavin Reynolds. Sideline officials: Russell Turner and Chris McMillan. Review official: Luke Patten. Senior review official: Ashley Klein.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live coverage from 2pm. Sky Sports - Live coverage from 4pm.

NRL.com predicts: Canberra seem to be growing in confidence with every play the ball right now, while the Warriors look like they've forgotten what it is all together. The Raiders have it all to play for and will come to Auckland and get the job done. Canberra by 14.

• List
  18. Nenz
    Join:
    Mar 4, 2016

Nenz Waterboy

• List
  19. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe