General Discussion NRL 2017 Round 26 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'NRL Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Aug 31, 2017.

1. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

If I read the table correctly the Warriors are safe on 13th 50 points clear of the Tigers on PD. I thought it was less than that so the only thing the Tigers have to play for is 20 point win to get them above the Titans to 14th.

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I can't find the stats but I don't think SJ or Foran have any.

3. Bushman
    Join:
    Aug 12, 2016

Bushman U20's Player

If they beat us by 26 or more they leap us to 13th, would thought we where safe... But warriors? and Tui may have a point to prove?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Your right about Foran he has plenty of nothing. Can't believe the Warriors were his therapist for the last 6-8 months. Biggest waste of space.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  5. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

According to NRL stats the Warriors are -119 and the Tigers -170. I thought it was less than that but the website must be correct.

• List
  6. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

I can't even recall any of our halves even getting remotely close or ring for a 40/20. Even when in ideal range we stick to the process and kick it up the middle. In Forans case usually straight to the fullback on the full.

7. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

This Dragons Dogs game is exciting as hell. You'd have thought both teams had their season on the line.

• List
  8. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

Phew the cowboys didn't get knocked out.

Credit to the dragons though, they had a really good crack tonight.

9. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Dragon players look so gutted. Will be a contrast to the end of the game today when after the game the Warriors players will be rushing to give fist bumps, butt pats and hugs to their tigers counterparts.

• List
  10. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Lichaa probably had his best game ever

11. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

The dragons are just as good as us

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE Contributor

Amazing that the Dragons missed out on the 8. They were sitting 2nd at one stage in the early weeks...

13. Tedster
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2014

Tedster 1st Grade Fringe

Great game - right down to the last play - dragons could have won but still, great to watch.

14. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Anyone who has been listening to Kearney's post match conference each game, please have a listen to nathan brown's post match talk after the team just won their second wooden spoon in a row. Him and Bruhrer spoke really well and clearly tpuching on a number of points we never get to hear about. Such a huge gap between what we get dished up.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  15. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Brown also said on NRL 360 a few weeks back that he also has the club management who are aware of the situation they are in and are prepared to go through a rebuild. Now compare that to our last few years with coaches probably aware of that but sacked for various reasons and supporters in awe of the roster.

Are our management team prepared for a few lean years to turn things around?

Can the club afford a few lean more lean years even if it is what they expect to turn things around long term? New Zealanders aren't like the Newcastle faithful who turn up in decent numbers to support their club most of our sports sides the crowds fall off whenever results are tough.

16. Weno
    Join:
    Nov 3, 2012

Weno 1st Grade Fringe

My cousin was giving me grief at the seasons beginning being a St George man.
    I said , come see me in 26 weeks.
    Wont even answer his phone.

Oh well , they have Graham coming next year.

17. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

I suppose the difference is, on paper Browny had nothing so he could only go up.
    We on the other hand have the Kiwi spine and a big pack (LOL) and on paper we should be top 8 material.
    As someone said "we had a good team on paper, only problem was the game was played on grass"

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  18. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Fair point. I have posted the question a few times is it better to rebuild or fix a squad from mid table or lower on the table.

In theory from mid table like we have been should be easier at it is a case of recruiting a few players to plug gaps. Since 2012 when we have been in this slump other clubs have come from bottom of the table rebuilding and got to the finals.

The last few years like in our early years new coaches have probably felt the roster was better than it was and they could get the best out of them whereas the previous regime couldn't. They fail as well and rinse and repeat.