Team List NRL 2017 Round 4 - Dragons vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by NZWarriors.com, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NZWarriors.com
    Join:
    Dec 19, 2012

NZWarriors.com

NRL 2017 Round 4 - Dragons vs Warriors TEAM LIST
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

NZWF Official thread for the 2017 Round 4 Warriors team list and discussion...

The official team list will be posted as soon as it becomes available...

2. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Edit: dude Is a sports reporter for 1news. Could be an early scoop that Foran passed the fitness test Mt W mentioned in the Kieran Foran thread....

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • List
  3. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Get in.

Warriors (fans, everyone) need a shot of enthusiasm. Will be a strange sight in warriors jersey. Usually have the trials and 9s and crap to get used to the new signings.

Foran to help solidify left side defence and combine with RTS to engineer some points without relying on Johnson

Or go off early clutching the shoulder. Because it’s the warriors.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

lock in B) Eddie - go off early clutching the shoulder

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  5. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

If that happens I think its about time to rebrand the club as the Auckland Leaguies. The warrior brand is deadset cursed.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Awesome news ! For me Kieran Foran is only thing that's keeping dream alive, so if he has been cleared to play I can't wait to see what he will do in the halves with Johnson. Hopefully with Kieran Foran now controlling ball more instead of just Shaun Johnson he can free up some space for him to score more and run some more creative attacking plays. Dude, I know I am asking a lot out of one player but I really hope Kieran Foran inclusion into our side is what will finally turn our season around so I am really hoping that rumours are true and he is cleared to play. Let's go NZ Warriors ! :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

The Auckland orange peelers has a ring to it.

8. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

The Auckland Housing Markets – the team that just keeps going up!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

9. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

If Foran is cleared to play I'm expecting a solid performance from him but I don't expect to see him putting his name up in lights for his first game back in almost a year.

• List
  10. BiggerD
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

BiggerD 1st Grade Fringe

* Dean Ritchie reports that Kieran Foran will finally play his first NRL game for the New Zealand Warriors this weekend.

From the Daily Telegraph in Sydney
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• List
  11. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

Good to see you didn't try the Phone A Friend trick. We're Warriors fans. Which is why we don't have friends.

Any worth in him doing what Slater did and coming back off the bench, folks? My inclination would be to do that - build match fitness yadayada but not sure - how often do you see halves getting interchanged? Or start Foran and have Hingano on the bench?

12. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

Vodafone Warriors v ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
    UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah

6.30pm, Sunday, March 25

Vodafone Warriors

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c)

2 Tuimoala Lolohea

3 David Fusitua

4 Solomone Kata

5 Ken Maumalo

6 MAFOA’AEATA Hingano

7 Shaun Johnson

8 Albert Vete

9 Issac Luke

10 Jacob Lillyman

11 Bodene Thompson

12 Ryan Hoffman

13 Simon Mannering

Interchange:

14 Erin Clark

15 Charlie Gubb

16 Sam Lisone

17 Bunty Afoa

18 James Gavet

20 Ligi Sao

21 Blake Ayshford

22 Kieran Foran

HEAD COACH | Stephen Kearney

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

Simon Mannering will claim the club record for most NRL appearances and new signing Kieran Foran has been included on an extended bench for the Vodafone Warriors’ fourth-round NRL encounter against St George Illawarra at UOW Jubilee Oval in Sydney on Sunday (6.30pm kick-off local time; 8.30pm NZT).

The 30-year-old Mannering, now in his 13th NRL campaign, drew level with the legendary Stacey Jones’ mark of 261 games in last Friday night’s clash against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in Dunedin.

Mannering made his debut alongside Jones against Brisbane at Mount Smart Stadium on June 26, 2005, and has gone on to forge a reputation as one the game’s most consistent performers.

He underlined that yet again with a typically whole-hearted 80-minute display against the Bulldogs with 122 metres from 14 runs, 49 tackles without a miss, 11 decoys and 10 supports.

While Mannering takes outright ownership this week of the club record for most games, his Kiwi team-mate Kieran Foran is in line to play for the Vodafone Warriors for the first time; if he does he will become Vodafone Warrior #217. The 26-year-old former Manly and Parramatta playmaker was cleared by the NRL to resume his career in round three but missed the Dunedin match.

Captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, unavailable for the Forsyth Barr Stadium encounter, has been named to return this week while Tuimoala Lolohea moves back to the right wing where he started the season. Ken Maumalo switches back to the left wing to replace veteran Manu Vatuvei who was forced off with knee trouble in his first 2017 NRL outing last week.

Foran’s ex-Manly team-mate Ligi Sao is also in the extended squad after a strong return from a long injury lay-off in the Vodafone Warriors’ 36-0 win over Wests Tigers in the Intrust Super Premiership last Saturday.

Centre Solomone Kata makes his 49th NRL appearance this week.

The Vodafone Warriors head into the contest with one win and two losses in their first three matches while the Dragons have two victories and one defeat.

St George Illawarra has been the Vodafone Warriors’ most difficult opponent, winning 11 games straight from 2008-2015 before the Vodafone Warriors ended the run with a 26-10 win at Mount Smart Stadium last May.

Overall the Dragons have a 19-5 win-loss advantage since the two clubs first met in 1999.

• List
  14. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Nah. I don't trust Kearney enough yet that he will play his full bench. In all seriousness though I don't mind him coming off the bench, but with our luck a wing or centre will go off injured and he'll end up being brought into play centre.

Any updates on Matulino? God we need him back soon.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  15. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

We shouldn't get our hopes up.... no guarantees Foran will make the game day squad.... if he does make the game day squad no guarantees he will get a run. The Warriors don't like using all their bench players

16. Crusader26
    Join:
    Oct 2, 2016

Crusader26 Warriors Bench Player

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  17. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Jordan G Warriors 1st Grader

Meh.....

Looks like same old same old, but if they can't get up and put in a massive effort for Mannering then there's probably nothing that will motivate them.

• List
  18. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

Really gutted that we have not seen in changes. I knew we weren't going to see big ones, but I had hoped at least Gavet and Ayshford would have been in. I don't understand how they can say they had an honest review session, had it been honest several of these boys wouldn't have been in first grade

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  19. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

i didnt expect huge changes, but i didnt expect Lolohea to be there

love to know what they will do different against the dragons. they have looked damn impressive in two out of three games

• List
  20. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Jordan G Warriors 1st Grader

We've been having honest review session's for 3-4 seasons now. Not sure why they would suddenly work now.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.