Team List NRL 2017 Round 5 - Warriors TEAM LIST v Titans

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by 1995Warriorsfan, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List

2. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

Vodafone Warriors head coach Stephen Kearney is optimistic Kieran Foran will be able to make his belated club debut this week after naming him at standoff for Sunday’s fifth-round NRL encounter against Gold Coast at Mount Smart Stadium (4.00pm kick-off; match day sponsor: SKYCITY).

A hamstring twinge in the team’s warm-up forced the 26-year-old Kiwi international out of last Sunday’s clash against St George Illawarra in Sydney.

However, Kearney said today that Foran is now in line to appear for his new club for the first time in front of his home crowd. If he is cleared, he will become Vodafone Warrior #217.

Kieran felt a twinge in his hamstring and in the warm-up and it wasn’t worth the risk to play him,” he said.

“He had good power in the leg at the time and has responded well since. He’s making good progress.

“We’re certainly hopeful he will be able to play and will give him every opportunity to prove his fitness.”

In the reshuffle forced by Foran’s late defection on Sunday, Kearney moved Tuimoala Lolohea to standoff, centre David Fusitua to Lolohea’s spot on the right wing and 18th man Blake Ayshford into the centres.

Ayshford backed up from an 80-minute effort in the Vodafone Warriors’ Intrust Super Premiership side’s 21-14 win over Illawarra in Wollongong with another 80 minutes against the Dragons in what was his 147th NRL career appearance. The 28-year-old Ayshford has been named on the right wing today.

The starting pack named is the same as the one used against the Dragons.

The bench again includes Sam Lisone as well as James Gavet and Ligi Sao, who both had their first NRL outings of the season last weekend. In 43 minutes on the field, Gavet made 129 metres from 15 runs, Jacob Lillyman the only Vodafone Warriors forward to carry the ball more with 151 metres from 15 runs.

Named in the #14 jersey and in line for his first NRL game this year is the club’s 2016 rookie of the year Nathaniel Roache. The hooker impressed in his first game after a long lay-off when he played almost 60 minutes for the ISP side, making 111 metres from 12 runs, scoring a try and also coming up with 28 tackles and no misses.

Others on the extended bench are Albert Vete, Bunty Afoa, Mason Lino and Ata Hingano.

A feature of Sunday’s return to Mount Smart Stadium will be the chance members and fans will have to honour the remarkable Simon Mannering following his club record 262nd NRL appearance last week. A special presentation will be made to him after the game.

Centre Solomone Kata reaches his 50-game milestone this Sunday after starting his NRL career in the opening round of the 2015 season.

This will be the 21st encounter between the Vodafone Warriors and the Titans with the home side holding a 13-7 advantage in the 20 match-ups so far. The Vodafone Warriors have won the last three contests and 11 of the last 12 since 2011.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

Gubb ahead of Bunty... makes sense.

Blake on the wing, instead of centre playing outside someone that could become the best winger in the world... makes sense.

Maumalo... makes sense.

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  4. koolkat
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

koolkat Get rid of the rot Contributor

Fucking Gubb.what ever pffft..

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 11
    • List
  5. t-wade23
    Join:
    Jun 7, 2012

t-wade23 1st Grade Fringe

Dont know why I do this every week....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  6. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Glad to see Nathaniel Roache take his place on the bench.

Don't understand rewinding the tape on the same forward pack.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  7. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Kearney can fuck off if he thinks he's gonna honey dick us with Foran. Think we're idiots or something.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • List
  8. shuffle
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

shuffle 1st Grade Fringe

Fuck this warrior shit!!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • List

9. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

Fus is winger
    Ayshford is a centre
    Gubb is a reserve grader
    Kearney is an assistant coach

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 26
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • List
  10. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

With Vete and Afoa named outside the 17 I wouldn't bank on Gubb making it through to GameDay... I hope.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 12
    • List
  11. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Foran to become warrior #217 in the year 2017....
    That's gotta be an omen.

Geez I'm really stretching now.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  12. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Finally we get to see the kiwi spine together at last.

Titans as home.

Forget about the last 3 games. Our season starts now.

SJ, Foran, RTS, Luke, Mannering, - kiwi leadership right there.

Do us proud this weekend and all is forgiven.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  13. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

Doesn't want to make the same mistake Cappy made with Lolohea.

Fusitua has the makings to be a great Centre - why interrupt his development for him to be a stopgap winger?

Ayshford more than capable of that as he's exactly that - a stop gap.

Fusitua is the future and I'm happy SK is being consistent with him, and I supposed Kata too (probably viewed in same vein).

Same as Maumalo, which will piss most off but I'm rooting for the kid to prove everyone wrong. Whether he ends up like Fusitua (who took time to come out of his shell) or Lolohea (whow seems broken at this point) as yet to be determined.

Back to the wing spot though - wish CNK could get a shot. He could also be the future if he had the chance.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 21
    • List
  14. Waiting For Premiership
    Join:
    Jun 11, 2012

Waiting For Premiership 1st Grade Fringe

SK won't drop any of the starting 13 . That's his best team . Only possible change would be maybe one change from 14.15.16 or 17 losing their spot to Bunty.
    Really spineless Steve Kearney...shows no balls at all..should have dropped Kata, Hoffman and put Thompson on bench with Bunty starting.....I now believe that SK will become the worst Warriors coach EVER. Titans by 24.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. rocketman
    Join:
    Jul 20, 2013

rocketman 1st Grade Fringe

What a shit team, and I'm going to put this out there i think it just got to much for Foran and he just couldn't get on the field it was a mental thing not an injury .Hoffman and Mannering on the field at the same time does not work .

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  16. BlaqAdam
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2016

BlaqAdam NSW Cup Player

Id Have Vete in for Gubb tho. But even Vete is a soft runner lol. Looks like Tarzan, runs like Jane. As long as SHuans playing we will continue to fall flat on our faces. No kicking game, No vision, No solid defence. I'd rather see Hingano play alongside Foran in all honesty. Sao, Lisone and Gavet have them on at the same time too last game they were awesome together all complimenting eachother in different areas. Sao Is a solid all round player offers alot of pressure on defence, Gavet does well trucking the ball up the middle, Him and Lisone easily being our hardest runners and both seem undersidezed for their roles. Lisone is effective when He's not trying to be a ball player all the time, Hes a great when hitting the line and is solid on defense. Uh Im going all over the place with this post owell lol.

17. BlaqAdam
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2016

BlaqAdam NSW Cup Player

I respect the amount of work Mannering and Hoffman do on defense but their running game is whack. Both with ball in hand are no threat. But its better than nothing I guess gotta give some of these other forwards rest.

• List
  18. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

FFS

• List
  19. Leaguegod
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2015

Leaguegod 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Yep we being fed bullshit! now I am no doctor but when you have cancer you cut it all out right? so why did these fools leave Cappy on the books? he is festering like an itchy hairy mole.
    Now what is this shit picking the same pack? hells bells I'd have dropped Gubb, Hoffman and put Lillyman on the Bench, and Ayshford keeping a starting spot? fuck me this Kearney is Cappy MKII what the fuck is going on? is Doyle that demented, he is treating us with contempt! Crikey family are we the only ones that can see a Titans spanking coming up?Guess what Warriors $1.45 Favourites! Titans paying $2.60 I speak the truth, I am getting my benefit and putting it all on the GC. Fuck you Doyle and Mooks you wankers.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  20. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

Yep. It's going to be in round 17 too, just to complete the fuckery.

I will say this though, we'll beat the Titans this weekend. Bank it.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • List

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.