Team List NRL 2018 Round 1 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs TEAM LIST

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

We will need it, completing sets on our 20m line

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Mate that guy is the understated real deal if there ever was one.

3. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Yep I am surprised by that, another stat that surprised me (I’m probably not alone) was being 5th in the Nrl for meters gained! No wonder Ken is retained game after game.

If the forwards aren’t fulfilling their roles the kicking becomes that much more important.

4. Hadyn
    Join:
    May 3, 2013

Hadyn 1st Grade Fringe

Coming off 9 losses on the trot......not good.
    9 losses in Perth.......not good.
    Up against one of the NRL establishments favoured teams first up and away....not ideal
    however the Burgess three haven't all been good on the same day for about 4 years now which means one or two of them at least don't play to the level required on any given day.Inglis is a year older,has been out for a year and is not playing his favoured position........will take at least a month or two to get up to full speed.

I think with the comings and goings we are hopefully more disciplined and enthusiastic and have also replaced an at least equal amount of football dumbness and laziness with off loading ability (Harris,Blair,Hiku) and game management(Green).Those names will mean we are better at those aspects than last years team for a start.

Don't underestimate Greens ability to control the side.We haven't had a half decent game managing half who was in form with SJ since Maloney.Green will make a big difference,remember Bellamy did not want to lose him and Barrett said that " despite what Daley thinks Blake Green was my controlling half"
    Add in Kearneys obvious no dickheads/ sulkers policy (Manu,Matalino,Thompson,Lolohea,Hingano) plus Corvos new fitness regime and I would think we will be better than last year.
    For the majority of the last seven years we can all go back to two or three games that "if the dickheads had won those games we should have,we would be in the eight" so it is not a big hurdle to improve that far.
    For me we can and should make the eight,anything higher is a bonus.
    Starts this weekend ,we can win and most definitely looking for improvement.If we lose and things look exactly like last year we are totally fucked,I am happy to call it now.
    Don't think it is going to happen and despite Kearney being a numbskull he has done enough good things this year that we go forward......bring on the Rabbits and season 2018 the year the Warriors surprise a few and make the eight.

5. DavidMcKay1974
    Join:
    Aug 28, 2013

DavidMcKay1974 1st Grade Fringe

I so can't wait for this game, it's just over 24 hours away and the Warriors will be back on after such a long wait.

Whatever happens, win or lose, I'm still feeling good about this team.

Let's go boys. I'm on your side 100 percent, through good and bad, through wins and losses.

Bring it on.

6. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

I'm just pleased we haven't got to that time of the year when we're saying "the Warriors still have a mathematical chance of making the top eight".

7. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

The fans that had to march in the street to get the team reinstated probably wouldn't agree with you there :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

Yea but just remember that placement is more important than distance. And stats like that dont take that into consideration. Also on another set of stats i saw the other day they said that the warriors were the second worst team at scoring points of a kick. So maybe theres a lot more to the story than the obvious.

9. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

what do you mean, im sure they have a mathematical chance of making the 8 at this time of year

10. Waiting For Premiership
    Join:
    Jun 11, 2012

Waiting For Premiership 1st Grade Fringe

M
    Mmm maybe have to get the calculator out again.

11. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Kick meter stats aside I think when we talk of a good long kicking game plan or any type of kicking in the Nrl accuracy is implied, particularly if we’re referring to Blake Green.

To give an example Manly led the Nrl in forced line dropouts for 2017 with 47, 25 of those were from Greens boot, one of the highest, he only kicked the ball dead 8 times, one of the lowest. I’ve seen Hingano kick the ball dead 3 or 4 times in one game.

If there’s a plan is to kick long to turn the Rabbitohs pack around or force line dropouts to drain their tanks then Green is as good an option as you could hope for ... SJ not bad at forcing repeat sets himself.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

The Warrriors hardest preseason ever.....trainning eight days a week...

13. Rilakkuma
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Rilakkuma 1st Grade Fringe

Are you sure? Do we have more bye-rounds this year than everyone else?

14. Horriors2013
    Join:
    May 24, 2013

Horriors2013 1st Grade Fringe

I'm watching Knights v Seaeagles. Commentators made the same comment about them missing Blake Greene's kicking. Cherry pie will miss him, as he has sided with the Johnson instead.

15. Horriors2013
    Join:
    May 24, 2013

Horriors2013 1st Grade Fringe

That's a glass half-empty perspective. Another perspective would say that Mutts was inconsistent and lazy. Jake didn't bend the line, and he was past his expiry. Bodene was involved in the drug/energy drink saga, and was inconsistent. Hoffman missed tackles he wouldn't have at Melbourne. Watching Manly play Newcastle right now, Jake is being made to look ordinary by the Manly pack.

But time will tell I guess.

16. JBmurc
    Join:
    May 19, 2013

JBmurc 1st Grade Fringe

Be great to start the season with a ripping good win but I'm not going hold my breath on it >>> certainly one of the weakest teams on paper with a woeful Coach (with an NRL record to match >.....Hope I'm wrong

17. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Or have we....dun dun dun....:cool:

18. ko wai ra
    Join:
    Nov 15, 2014

ko wai ra Warriors Bench Player

Well,if they manage to flip the script & actually win there 1st up game....
    Then we could say

ONCE WERE N THE 8 WARRIORS!!!!!!

Kiakaha boiz

19. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

So many streaks to be broken.
    Last 9 games played in Perth, warriors have lost all.
    On a current 9 match losing streak (trials dont count...)
    Havent beaten Souths since 2013.

Heart will always say warriors despite it showing signs of revival from the numbness this club has put us through, head says Souths. By plenty.

20. Kestrel84
    Join:
    Aug 26, 2017

Kestrel84 Rippin' and a Tearin' Contributor

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Ok boys - It's D-day... lets get this circus act on the road.

Kiss goodbye to your loved ones.

Bury all hope in the fields... but above all..

Lets head to the fucking trenches.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.