Post Match NRL 2018 - Round 10 - Warriors vs Roosters Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, May 12, 2018.

1. A+

2. A

3. B

4. C

5. F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

NRL 2018 - Round 10 - Warriors vs Roosters Post Match Discussion
    New Zealand Warriors vs Roosters
    Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 10 game between the New Zealand Warriors and Sydney Roosters after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc.

Dont forget to rate the players... http://www.nzwarriors.com/matches/2018-round-10.110/

2. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

I’ll start it.. F#%k you Warriors! Useless pricks! Spoil my damn weekend!

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Draw and Pass
    Join:
    Mar 2, 2016

Draw and Pass NSW Cup Player

Just saw the score. What the fuck happened?

4. Lance155
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Lance155 Warriors Bench Player

It hurts knowing that this can still happen. First Melbourne and now the Roosters

5. Tyrael
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Tyrael 1st Grade Fringe

This was bad. Right from the start they were bad. Not playing to the conditions. Jazz horrible all game. Pretty much all the backs were useless except RTS.

6. Stone
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Stone 1st Grade Fringe

That was worse than the Anzac Day loss

Playing at home

Too many errors

Weak defense

Poor long range kicking

Impotent attack

Rorters didn't win that match ... Warriors handed it to them in a silver platter

Hurry back please Shaun Johnson & Issac Luke

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  7. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

outworked and out muscled by the roosters forwards. there is nothing else to that game

they were smart by slowing the ruck down and not allowing us to play.

oh and we are horrible on big occasions or any type of ceremonies pre game

8. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

No pride until the last 5 mins of the game.

Needed to see that in the first 5 mins.

9. jonesy101
    Join:
    Aug 28, 2016

jonesy101 1st Grade Fringe

The last 5 minutes just summed up how much of a farce the game became. Warriors were awful, Roosters nearly as bad and the refs were completely inept and had no control.

10. BeeQueue74
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2016

BeeQueue74 Waterboy

....and out of ideas on attack

11. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

We lost it, so be it.

Can't help but be salty with the shut the Roosters did and how much they got away with.

If they lost a player for the first shoulder charge, and some of the other grubby shit, game coulda been very different.

Them getting away with it can't have helped the Warriors mind sets.

12. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

The Roosters were completely underwhelming and gave us a hiding. This loss says more about us than it does about them.

I had no issue with the back 3, they did a pretty decent job apart from a couple of errors caused by issues inside them. RTS definitely our best on field.

The centres were both poor. Hiku can usually be relied upon with quick feet and hands but really he was a muppet tonight and Latrell, who I believe is enormously over-rated, had a field day.
    Kata doesn't have a lot to offer really. D isn't bad but so one dimensional on attack.

Green tried hard but looked out of sorts... dummy half service to him wasn't great and his accuracy with attacking kicks was substandard.
    Lino was very poor. He looks to me like a genuine front runner. On a good day where everything is going well he can look a million dollars. Today he looked like he owed us money.

I thought on the whole the forwards didn't go too badly. The starting front row were good but Lisone and to a lesser degree, Gavet off the bench struggled to add anything. Lisone is another in the Lino category. When it is all roses he is the man. When the shit is going down he drops nuts.

Lawton is a good footballer and I like him. Heis a quality 14 in my opinion. I do not like his floaty, Gary Freeman-esque passing style. Spiral pass boy, learn it, use it and put that other shit away.

Jazz... it has all been said. I get it - energy, mobility, versatility. It is just that he has not shown the necessary concentration, consistency and skill to be playing as much and in the areas he is.
    If we don't have a better option then we are kinda fucked because a team playing Jazz Tevaga as many minutes as we are is not going to win many games.
    I'm sure he tries his fucking heart out... but so would brucebruce but that doesn't mean I want him playing 50mins for this team.

Shit performance, but what really grates is that the Roosters were unimpressive in towelling us up.

I'm going to go slam my balls in a drawer to feel better.

• Like Like x 31
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Bloody abysmal. Worst performance of the season and very ugly to watch.

Jazz Tevaga shouldn't be anywhere near our 17 moving forward he is so bad, same with Sam Lisone. Those two need to go......now.

14. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

It's time for some of these guys to grow the fuck up. If they can't keep fighting for victory just because of a couple of bad calls they've got no business being in First Grade.

Drink a cup of concrete and get on with it already. Life's too short to be a crybaby.

15. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

to a degree. we couldnt get quick play the balls which means we cant get a roll on and get that retreating defense and have those holes open up.

the biggest concern for me is post contact meters. when a bloke hits our line how much we let them continue running. we got a huge problem with putting a bloke on the ground and keeping him there.

16. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

Do we have any more big occasion games left in the league calendar? Might as well put those games down as an L as we can't seem to get up for them.

What does it take for these guys to fire up? All week the Roosters were laying down the gauntlet to our lot and when the time comes to play, aside from the last 5 minutes and one solitary defensive set in the first half, we drop our nuts and let the Roosters run all over us. Cmon guys, grow a fucking pair.

17. Ranger
    Join:
    May 23, 2012

Ranger 1st Grade Fringe

I thought all the articles written after the Storm loss about the Warriors premiership chances were either knee-jerk or unfair but they probably apply after this loss.

We're not ready but that doesn't mean were not going to have a successful season compared to the last few.

18. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

When they smash us, Have a fucking go back! It took Mannering Junior(Lawton) to get up and have a how's your father with them.

Gavet is suppose to be our enforcer?
    He hasn't done shit all year.
    I'm sick of Lisone. Brings absolutely nothing.
    Soft as shit forwards.
    Mannering , Harris & Bunty are excused from that tag as they are our work horses. Mannering doesn't do much in attack. And he is picked on by some on here for being just a tackling machine and not much else. At least his standards never drop, And he never gives up.

You get what you see , Game in, Game out.

The rest? Hmmmm.......

Was expecting the angry birds Gavet & Lisone to square up after our halves were getting laid out with cheap shots.

No. They only wanting to lay each other.

Finger your bum holes boys. That was shit.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • List
  19. Makasene
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Makasene 1st Grade Fringe

Ceremonies...

Straight up. Pre game ceremony, we're gonna lose

20. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

Two things that really annoyed me, the ref let them away with the shoulder charges and so did our forwards. With the way they were lining us up we should have boiled over a lot quicker.

I am not sure we are going to be top 4 material, but if we can finish 6th that woudl still be a far better year than we picked