Team List NRL 2018 Round 2 - Warriors vs Titans TEAM LIST

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deranged
    Join:
    May 24, 2012

Deranged 1st Grade Fringe

I agree with your thoughts. I feel the need to inform you however that alot is not a word.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. koolkat
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

koolkat Get rid of the rot Contributor

Paasi over, cook on the bench.maybe all and all what we expected

3. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

nah it's the group breathing.....its airborne.

4. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Good read as always.

In the mid to long term I agree with you about no protected species and rewarding people.

I just think in the immediate term that this club has been so low on confidence......so lacking in stability....that the players need to see some very basic achieving goals = reward and some IMEDIATE security.

I'd be quite happy to see people interchanged sooner rather than later...but not this week.

You can see we have an extended bench to publicly acknowledge to those waiting in the Wings....'we know you're ready too'.

I like that....it's good for us fans to have that transparency to talk about stuff.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  5. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Efifgy has been put to one side, cannot complain about the team, would of preferred Cook to have been replaced with Paasi...

For once in a long time I'm really excited to see if they can back the performance up....4am start for me but who cares!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  6. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 6/7 away wins, who are these jokers??

The extended bench was a mandatory NRL rule bought in last year. Every team has to name 21, and noone outside of the 21 can play on the weekend. Think you even have to drop 2 off the bench 24 hours before the game aswell.

Probably something to do with inside knowledge on people making bets etc, and coaches playing silly buggers up until kickoff
    When fans should have a right to know if they're going to the game wether a star is playing or not.

7. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Here's hoping Lissornay gets his second try this week. That move was fucking beautiful to watch and absolutely shat on the defense by Bam timing his run perfectly to receive the ball outside the lead runner's inside shoulder or whatever the rule is.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Probably Paasi for Lisone, but Lawton hasn't done the hard yards of pre-season and has barely put his feet under the table. He'll get his chance though. Kata and Maumalo will start sweating on Beale and CNK soon enough. Healthy competition going on..

9. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Thanks bro I missed that law change.

10. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

Stalefish has it in one, it was bought in to stop issues with Gambling and the NRL.

11. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

I am not sure what more you would want?

They busted their asses and won a game many thought was unwinnable.

I would never drop a guy from a winning side unless they had a shocker... surely contributing to a win is more important than killing it in training?

12. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

Those saying drop Cook for Paasi... so who plays dummy half if Luke goes off?

Not having dummy half cover is insane

13. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Just double checked the rule:

Players running a sweep play must not receive the ball inside the block runners inside shoulder...

14. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

My post was more about the proverb that is being bandied about rather than this team naming - never change a winning team. It was not in response to this week's team.

We saw Steven Kearney stick doggedly to the same line-up week in week out last year...I am hoping that he is not afraid to make changes just because we are winning, because that is a flawed approach imo.

You see champion teams from all sports across the globe that are successful because they stay ahead of the game and approach each game by its individual merits. Keep things the same in the NRL and you get worked out in no time.

I'm in no way saying that stability and reward is not good for our guys at the moment. At the same time they need to be kept hungry and focused. It will be interesting to see SK's approach this year.

For me clinical sides will pick at our weaknesses far better than Souths did. I'd happily change personnel in preparation for the opposition's strength and weaknesses regardless of whether a player had a good game previously.

Hopefully our edge defence has improved markedly in the off-season, but I am definitely not ready to count my chickens there despite the other fantastic gains we seem to have made.

15. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

That's good to know as Lissornay was outside Papalii's inside shoulder and it was executed perfectly. I'm glad it came off in the first game too.

16. francis faafua
    Join:
    Jul 30, 2016

francis faafua Warriors Bench Player

does anyone know whats happened to Ayshford ??

17. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Mighty Blues

He is injured. Cant recall when he is due back sorry.

18. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Titans line-up for anyone interested

1. Michael Gordon
    2. Anthony Don
    3. Dale Copley
    4. Konrad Hurrell
    5. Phillip Sami
    6. Kane Elgey
    7. Ashley Taylor
    8. Jai Arrow
    9. Nathan Peats
    10. Leilani Latu
    11. Kevin Proctor
    12. Ryan James
    13. Bryce Cartwright
    Interchange: 14. Mitch Rein 15. Max King 16. Will Matthews 17. Morgan Boyle 18. Keegan Hipgrave 19. Joe Greenwood 20. Jai Whitbread 21. Aj Brimson

19. Khaboom
    Join:
    Apr 22, 2016

Khaboom Warriors Bench Player

That's not a bad team but they'll still go down. We have processed the process and are leading the procession to the top of the ladder!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

run at konrad all night long, the holes will open and then he'll disappear halfway through the second half with an injury.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.