Team List NRL 2018 Round 22 - Warriors vs Knights TEAM LIST

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

NRL 2018 Round 22 - Warriors vs Knights TEAM LIST
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    NZWF Official thread for the 2018 Round 22 Warriors team list and discussion...

The official team list will be posted as soon as it becomes available...

2. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

apart from possible suspension surely Lisone is goooooooooone

is depth that bad at the moment that he is getting a look in

i think a place needs to be found for Hiku, at least he can pass and doesnt just try to bash his way over the line which isnt really working for Kata anymore

3. Makasene
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Makasene 1st Grade Fringe

Ponga and Pearce racing clock to take on Warriors
    Author Brad Walter Senior Reporter
    Mon 6 Aug 2018, 08:02 PM

Kalyn Ponga is hoping Mitchell Pearce recovers from a thigh injury in time to play in Newcastle’s match against the Warriors on Friday night so the pair can continue to build their combination ahead of next season.

Pearce failed to finish last week’s 25-10 loss to Wests Tigers, while Ponga is also battling a nagging ankle injury.

With Pearce having missed nine matches earlier this season after tearing a pectoral muscle and Ponga suffering a torn hamstring in the round 16 clash with Canterbury, the Knights star 2018 recruits have not played together as often as they had hoped.

Ponga had his first training session with the team since the Bulldogs clash on Monday but Pearce was unable to take part in the session and five-eighth Connor Watson is rated little hope of making the trip to Auckland after missing the Tigers match last Friday night.

“It does suck that I haven’t been able to train with the boys and vice-versa – other people haven’t been able to train as well,” Ponga said.

“It’s hard to build combinations and get a feel for how everyone else plays, and a lot of boys aren’t training because of injury as well, which isn’t ideal as well but you just do the best you can.”

Knights coach Nathan Brown remains optimistic that Pearce will play against the Warriors and Ponga said the 29-year-old former NSW Origin halfback had a significant influence on Newcastle’s fortunes.

“He is one of those sort of players who even at training just somehow has the knack to make other people better,” Ponga said. “I think that is a true credit to how good he is.

“I think early on I didn’t really know how to take him, he is a different character but he has had a lot of influence on myself and the other boys. He is a very smart football player and if I want to get better I need to pick his brains.

“It is not only footy but he also talks about well-being and health, and all of that sort of stuff as well, which is pretty interesting.”

Brown said Pearce and Ponga would be named in his 21-man squad on Tuesday but Watson will miss the Warriors clash.

“Him and Mitchell together have played five times for four wins and the other game Connor came off against the Roosters very early so we haven’t had an opportunity to watch all of them together,” Brown said.

“Kalyn actually did a little bit of training today with the team. That is the first time he has trained with the team for five or six weeks. Mitchell didn’t train but we are hopeful of him playing.”

If Pearce is ruled out, Brown said he would be reluctant to move Ponga to the halves as his preferred position is fullback but he indicated that Brock Lamb is unlikely to be recalled and may not play NRL for the Knights again.

“There are couple of players we need to have conversations with,” Brown said. “The last indication we got was that Brock was definitely going to leave the club. Where that is at the minute I don’t know.”

Interchange forward Josh King failed suffered a hamstring injury at training on Monday and failed to finish the session but he is expected to be named for the match against the Warriors.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

4. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

I feel this is our best chance of the season to put 50 on someone. I've been waiting or it all year but it just hasn't happened. Im putting a cheeky $20 on it

5. wellyboy
    Join:
    Jun 1, 2015

wellyboy Warriors Bench Player

Careful. Thats what we thought the warriors wld do against the titans.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  6. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

And the Dragons against the Warriors.

7. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

I'll be honest I didn't think that at all. All the punters backing the warriors that week talking about our 14/15 win record against them and how we have everything to play for and they are done. I knew straight away it was gonna be banana skin game and I said the same on on the game day comments. This feels different after last weeks win (touch wood) boys finally look like their at full strength and playing to a game plan. Plus the Mt Smart faithful deserve it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  8. wellyboy
    Join:
    Jun 1, 2015

wellyboy Warriors Bench Player

Believe me. I want the warriors to put on a big score but the trend this year is that we shut down offensively for 1 half of the game.

9. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

The last time we scored more than 34 points in a game was June the 11th 2016.

We beat the Newcastle Knights 50-14

10. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

There it is. Upping my bet from $20 to $50 now

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  11. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Hope we're saving our best for the finals hahahaha.

12. Waiting For Premiership
    Join:
    Jun 11, 2012

Waiting For Premiership 1st Grade Fringe

The fuse has been ignited...Next it will be Drink , then Drugs to get that buzz again. Then finally selling your body to get a spare couple of bucks to throw on the Warriors. Not even church can help you now bro. Straight to hell with you. Sad sad soul.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

I'm a sucker for punishment. I thought that was mandatory for a warriors supporter?

14. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

With this teams mind set. Smashing the Knights will probably just result in us getting a hiding by the Panthers next week.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

When I get to the Pearly Gates and St Peter tells me I have to go to Purgatory first, I'll just say "No need, I've already served my time - I was a Warriors Fan!!!!"

16. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

St Peter will send you down but the gatekeeper down there will say "no. You're not on our list either."

17. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

I haven't been this excited about putting some serious points on a side since we played the Titans and look how that fu@ken turned out LMAO !!! Im glad there is no coin in my TAB account or im sure I would be very tempted at 13+

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. sydneywarrior92
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

sydneywarrior92 1st Grade Fringe

We've all been talking about how Kata starves Maumalo on his edge, but I think we might need to be a bit concerned about how Beale isn't adequately setting up Fusitua the way Hiku did. Sure I get Beale is the better defensive option but he has to provide better service to our best attacking weapon. I don't think Fus has scored a try in like 5 games.

19. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

20. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

Luke set for 250th in Women in League clash
    Author Richard Becht & Photosport.nz
    Veteran hooker Issac Luke is set to bring up his 250th career appearance when he lines up in an unchanged starting side for the Vodafone Warriors’ Harvey Norman Women in League clash against Newcastle at Mount Smart Stadium on Friday night (8.00pm kick-off; match day sponsor: Harvey Norman).

The 31-year-old Luke, who has been in outstanding form this season, was on target to achieve the 250-game milestone against St George Illawarra last weekend until a calf injury side-lined him for the Gold Coast defeat on July 29.

Returning for his 249th game last weekend, Luke produced another stellar performance in the memorable 18-12 win over the Dragons. He scored a try – his fifth of the season – made five dummy half runs and came up with 49 tackles.

The 43-Test Kiwi plays his 62nd game for the Vodafone Warriors on Friday after moving to Mount Smart Stadium in 2016 following 188 games for South Sydney since his debut in 2007.

Luke will take his place in a starting line-up unchanged from the one used in the club’s first win over the Dragons in 11 attempts at Wollongong’s WIN Stadium.

Adam Blair will again be on the right edge this week with Simon Mannering at loose forward for his 297th NRL appearance.

Bunty Afoa has been included on the bench with the club hoping to overturn a one-match suspension he’s facing for a dangerous contact charge from Saturday’s match.

Also listed in the four frontline choices on the bench are utility Jazz Tevaga – coming off an exceptional 56 tackles on Saturday – plus Leivaha Pulu and utility back Peta Hiku.

The other four players completing the extended bench are centre Anthony Gelling, back rower Joseph Vuna, prop Chris Satae and hooker Karl Lawton.

Friday’s night encounter is the only meeting between the Vodafone Warriors and the 11th-placed Knights this season.

Having achieved the best away record in the club’s history last week – 8-3 with one game to go – the Vodafone Warriors go into the match in eighth spot on 26 points. A win in this match would give them their 13th victory of the year, their best regular-season return since 2011.

In 38 matches so far, the Vodafone Warriors have a 19-18 edge over Newcastle with one match drawn.

The Knights won the last time the teams met in Newcastle last year following four wins on end by the Vodafone Warriors. The Vodafone Warriors have won 11 of the last 12 matches against the Knights in Auckland, their last loss coming in 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.