Post Match NRL 2018 - Round 6 - Warriors vs Broncos Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 14, 2018.

1. A+

2. A

3. B

4. C

5. F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. diehard
    Join:
    Jan 27, 2016

diehard 1st Grade Fringe

Checked the stats at nrl Fox but at match centre but they don't mention missed tackles for the Broncos game. Anybody know where I can find it? Many thanks.

2. bunnyglory
    Join:
    Oct 6, 2014

bunnyglory Warriors Bench Player

Broncos gave us wake up! Good for a Tough Drag outfit

3. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

AusWarriorsFan 1st Grade Fringe

38:26

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

4. Warrior482
    Join:
    Oct 12, 2012

Warrior482 1st Grade Fringe

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but i can't believe i didn't see this one coming.

These games are tailor made for a Wayne Bennet ambush. Team and coach under the pump all week/month. Massive underdogs. Questions over team cohesion and effort.

The Master

5. DavidMcKay1974
    Join:
    Aug 28, 2013

DavidMcKay1974 1st Grade Fringe

I'm a bit angry still. The side reverted back to the last few years, and were slow. Very slow.

I noticed that in the first half, and I thought, shit we're in trouble if we can't get back into the game. I was hoping for a come back which never eventuated.

Shaun Johnson going missing for most of the match really peeved me off. But when he did get involve we were able to score.

I'm a fan of SJ but him going missing really hurt us. No go forward will do that. But Blake tried his heart out, so why shouldn't Johnson.

I still believe we needed this loss in order for them to find out what a loss is like after 5 wins on the trot.

Lets see how we respond Friday against the Dragons.

6. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Ok. Our line speed will need to be switched back to warp speed as well as the commitment too.

Muscle up to win the collision and territory battle.

Possession too.

Fuck me, this is all league 101 stuff.

Get focused boys. Your attitude will determine your outcome because you've already shown you have the fitness and the resilience to win hard games.

Just get your attitude dialed in please coz I know you've got the miles on the clock for this season.

Depth is good so the team named tomorrow should be awesome.

Even if it still has Gelling in it haha.

7. Makasene
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Makasene 1st Grade Fringe

I can't find the post so can't quote it but someone mentioned before the game, while the Broncos were warming up, a video was payed of all of their losses and the Ground Announcer was going round shouting 6 and 0. 6 and 0.

If that's the case, what an absolute balls up from the club. No wonder the Broncos came out fired up, having to listen to that shit rammed into them as they warm up on field.

8. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Oh and a message for SJ.

You can inspire this team through your running and passing games.

But you've inspired me when you've stepped up defensively.

RTS, you'r an awesome leader and inspirational in the way you played the role of a second rower with your hitups again.

But boys, you each have a role and if you take 100% responsibility for your specifics (big boppers bopping, dummy half dummy halfing, halfback halfbacking etc) - the ummm "process" won't require catch up footy or desperation footy.

Keeping the faith? No. Just suggesting a return to what has produced 5 victories so far this great season.

9. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Oh and if we can keep the dragons logo off our banner next week would be great thanks.

Sheesh lucky we didn't bet every team since 95 haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

We will see when the team gets named this week whether Kearney is the dunce I thought he was. Gelling should be nowhere near the team. Lawton should be on the bench. He can sub the hooker and he can play anywhere in backs if need be or second row at a pinch.

Lisone starting was a monumental error.

11. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

After watching the replay this morn, it was flat but not horrible. High completions and being one of the least penalised teams really played into their hands. They also made us pay with points or a repeat set just about every error we came up with, our scramble just wasn't where it's been so far this season. Broncs had the running for the first 30mins, we finally wrestled momentim back in the last 10mins of the half and had it not been for Fus drop ball we probably take it into the half with us. Hikus drop ball 43mins in on attack, invited them down for the soft Sua try and Broncs kept momentum mostly from there till around the SJ try with 10 to go. Katas injury then halted that momentum, let the broncs reset and have a breather. If Sheck hits Ken instead of Gelling we 100% score then who knows, but that was the nail in the coffin. Was about 4 poor kicks from SJ that really cost us and some poor execution from others that didn't help. Kearneys so so bench options finally caught up with him, Afoa needed to start, and having Gelling on the bench in the wet instead of Sao meant Tevaga was out there for far too long due to the Pulu injury.

Hardly the end of the world we are 5/1 off the back of a mini offseason rebuild. Kearney wasn't overly outcoached from what I saw, we just came in flat and were out enthused by a more desperate team, nothing that can't really be fixed by a rocket up the ass this week.

Pulu has been my standout this year and along with Kata will be big losses on that left edge. Really missing our starting enforcer Gavet and Papali'i looked short of a gallop in ISP coming back from injury.

12. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Bunty was awesome imo. Lisone got dominated and so did our back 5 on set starts. Broncos has bigger balls than us.

13. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Fuck yeah Pulu has been awesome thus far.

Gavet seems a while away but Ligi should get the nod.

Papalii will be good with a run under his belt.

Gelling? Perhaps a run in reserve grade will do something for him coz I just don't see it in him yet.

But bench wise I worry when we have a forward bench that if any of our back 5 go down that Jazz Mannering or Tohu will have to mark the likes of Aitken or the likes.

Looking forward to who SK names

14. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

Ligi for sure, solid in all his first grade games and making ISP look easy, been pretty unlucky to keep getting dropped really.

Papa was solid, just take him a couple weeks for him to get that game fitness back and trust that knee again.

The most frustrating thing is Gelling, CNK and Hiku all struggle in defence, so no matter what combo Kearney goes with we will struggle somewhere.

15. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Bluetiful, Just Bluetiful!

Don't we normally lose on old boys day?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Yeah bro. We don't handle favoritism imo as we are conditioned to being doubted by all. Underdog status drives us.

I think the comfortable you spoke of was right and now is a good time to get put in our place by the Broncos.

I don't fear a slide back to the Warriors of old. I fear depth to cover injury more.

17. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

We haven't won enough yet to make winning our normal.

So....

18. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

So imo it's mental. Physically our boys are fitter and all that but now is a mental challenge to get back to the winning formula AND to improve on it.

19. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

Wouldn't have done our boys any good listening to that crap either.

20. eric
    Join:
    May 27, 2015

eric 1st Grade Fringe

I thought the same thing before the game haha. I actually thought the club might be trying to get old boys day out of the way early on, seeing as it’s almost always a guaranteed loss at seasons end. Well played club officials.