Post Match NRL 2018 - Round 6 - Warriors vs Broncos Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 14, 2018.

1. A+

2. A

3. B

4. C

5. F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. fanrrior
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2012

fanrrior 1st Grade Fringe

We regressed in this match. That isn't to take anything away from how the Broncos performed but it is the truth.

I hope in training they throw the video tapes at the lads. Show them how much better they can be when they have play with good line speed, a desire to go into contact head on, and everything else that got them the first 5 wins of the season. Then dissect the flaws of this game and highlight why it is crucial to keep putting in the effort.

How we play next week after this loss will go a long way to showing if the Warriors have truly turned over a new leaf this season.

2. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

Hesitation and hanging back.

Needed some vitamin b. And I'm talkin actual vitamin b cos some of them looked the way I feel when I've got a cold.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Super Freak
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

Super Freak Brisbane Broncos Bench Player

This happens when you go on a bit of a run, we've had it happen to us heaps of times.

At first you build a lot of confidence and momentum, and you're unbeatable. Then suddenly, when you least expect it, you hit a wall and you're very lethargic and go away from what's worked. But it's just a minor speed bump. They say you need to lose at some point to re-focus the side.

A great game of footy. I thought the Warriors were coming home when Johnson scored, then he missed the kick and then Gelling dropped the ball. Thank god.

Warriors really peppered our left side, but Oates and Opacic stood up and played a big part in our win.

4. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

Gelling was on for 5 minutes, the game was lost before that.

I've said it before but Tevaga in the forwards for big minutes hinders the Warriors go forward. Im not seeing the logic.

5. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Worst performance of the year, too angry to write much more after that shit we served up.
    I HOPE that that game is just a hiccup and now out of the way coz it was uuuuuugly. Now we can shake out any complacency and some people can curb their lofty expectations a bit.

6. Falcon
    Join:
    May 29, 2012

Falcon 1st Grade Fringe

Agree, but do not discount the fact he was Gelling was rubbish when he did come on, needs to be called out because it could potentially cost us in games to come. CNK in reserve grade today was real busy - great footwork, he deserves a shot as a reserve if we don't opt for big boppers.

7. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Honeymoon over aye?

Sack Kearney thread still relevant!?

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

I saw a combination of things.

Poor game plan: no offloads is fine but have some size to bend the line.

Hiku and SJ particularly poor, both looked lost on the field.

Zero urgency in defense.

9. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

This summed up how dumb SJ played today. Broncos on attack 10m out throw cut out long ball to Oates who drops it. My wife says to me why would you be throwing long balls like that in these conditions when they have been doing well just putting it through the hands. 2 minutes later and we are hot on attack and SJ throws long cut out ball to Fus who drops it, and SJ had a chance to just dummy and engage the line.

Broncos played smarter and to the conditions.

10. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito Warriors 1st Grader

Fuck you Nathan Brown for firing the broncos up, may have escaped with a result if they had continued their poor form, but they were very good, we were very lazy.

11. Falcon
    Join:
    May 29, 2012

Falcon 1st Grade Fringe

Disappointing that we lost in that manner. The lack of urgency has crept back, this highlights an issue in the top two inches, we knew that Broncos would come to play. We were out enthused in a significant day for us, warriors of old In that performance for sure.

12. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

morkel Broncos Bench Player

Permission has been granted.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Funny Funny x 23
    • Like Like x 7
    • List
  13. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Agree 100%.

This may mean now we will be competitive against the dragons.

If after 6 rounds you had said we would be 5 wins for one loss, I would of had you committed!

Good loss to have.

Looking forward to the response next week from the Team

14. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Hay don't look at me. I've got zero clues on what happened today...

15. Stone
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Stone 1st Grade Fringe

Full credit to the Donks ... they played very well & caught us flat ... looking forward to extracting some good old fashioned utu come Rnd 18 at Suncorp ;)

Warriors were definitely disappointing ... but it had to happen sooner or later ... can't win em all in the NRL

It'll be even more interesting now to see how we respond against the the Drag Queens next week

If we win that one then the feel good momentum will roll on

If not then watch the bandwagon crash & burn while the fair weathers bail faster than rats off a sinking ship

Worst part of this loss tonight for me is now all the nervous nellies can continue preaching from the platform of cautious conservatism over optimistic confidence :rolleyes: :meh:

16. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

Cheers. Will be up later tonight.

Sowwy everyone :(

Good having you broncos fans around!

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • List
  17. Rick O'Shay
    Join:
    May 1, 2013

Rick O'Shay 1st Grade Fringe

I think everything just caught up with us today and the attitude we've seen in the last 5 rounds was missing. Maybe tiredness (physical and mental) as we've had a hard start to the season even if we have been winning.

Not too worried, the Broncs had a good game plan and wanted it more than we did. What was disappointing was our inability to change our game plan when it obviously wasn't working. I expect to see a vast improvement next week and some changes in personnel.

18. Falcon
    Join:
    May 29, 2012

Falcon 1st Grade Fringe

Waiting on the presser, gotta here what SK has to say. Like others, also curious as to why Listone started, didn't see the need to change as our starts haven't been that bad - it was particularly bad today.

19. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

Damit Tajhay! How long do we have to endure having their shit logo up on our site?

20. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Oh and while we’re at it. Any remaining thoughts about apparent superior fitness should now be dashed. We did not look fitter than the cowboys last week and we looked less fit than the Broncos this week. First half wasn’t even over and we were bunched, walking, devoid of energy and defence looked limp.