Post Match NRL 2018 - Round 6 - Warriors vs Broncos Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 14, 2018.

1. A+

2. A

3. B

4. C

5. F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

AusWarriorsFan 1st Grade Fringe

Hes a laugh as a coach. Gets good teams together and as you said says the same thing. Hes just trying to apply what he learnt from Bellamy and Bennett. Cant blame him. Hes not the sharpest but at least hes noused onto what works.

2. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

A sign of how well things have been going when a side that has exceeded expectations and gone 5-0. Our best start to the season and you feel gutted after losing.

The Broncos probably put in one of their best performances of the season. Had an extremely high completion rate. Their first error came after knocking on a kick they regathered on the last tackle. They were all over us in terms of field position. I was thinking this can't last but they just kept it up for the full 80.

The first two tries they got were worrying. Some poor defensive efforts and defensive reads which felt like the last few years.

When we got down their end we managed to get some points. The problem was we couldn't get down there.

3. Sebastian
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Sebastian 1st Grade Fringe

It's not what he did or didn't bring. It's that a fresh forward rotation could've been made earlier. Refreshing us up in the middle. Earlier change. Earlier impact.

4. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

Id like to know, I wouldnt even have Lisone in my 17.

5. 3rdstriker
    Join:
    Nov 11, 2014

3rdstriker Warriors Bench Player

Completely agree Sao im sure can pass from his left to his right.

6. GK1
    Join:
    Aug 7, 2013

GK1 U20's Player

Terrible bench ... We need power props and go forward for our style of play. No one on bench to change momentum. Defence was off tonight . Big test next week, would rather go down tonight and win against dragons ... Hoping!

7. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

Again that kicking, there was only one try in this. You have to add up how much a player in game adds vs a player who plays nearly as well in game in every way but plays much better in the kicking game, field, position, in goal and definitely field goal.

8. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

So we’re not actually any better than last year?

9. Viking
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Viking 1st Grade Fringe

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Why did Kearney stick two impact props as starters this week? A lot of that first Broncos try was on Paasi and Lisone doesn't have the size to bend the line. Afoa on the other hand, has been punching through the line through the first 5 rounds, topping the post contact metres, yet he gets relegated to the bench? Sao has been solid and gets dropped for the big gumby Gelling? Bizarre!

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

I honestly blame tonight’s performance entirely on SK. Shit bench, terrible use of that shit bench. Shit game plan even though the players didn’t help themselves we just didn’t chance our arm. This has been brewing for a while but has seven masked because we’ve been winning - why don’t any of our centres free up our wingers or cut back inside or play some one two ball.

11. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Tevaga was surprisingly good when Manners was out. He came on and provided great line speed whilst tackling everything that moved.

Manners is back now, we don't need Tevaga.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

Gelling is sitting behind at least 5 players imo for a start.

I called a likely losss this week due to Broncos hunger, but I also called we will win next week due to the Dragons not having had a hard game and us being hungry and I stand by that.

13. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

The Pulu injury was a blow but that was covered by Mannering on the bench who can play big minutes and is the guy who was going to play in that spot anyway.

The Kata one was a blow as it happened while the guys were running hard trying to work themselves into a position to make a comeback. His injury occurred on the 4th tackle. A break and we had to reset for one play before needing to kick on the last.

I know we were flat but have to give credit to the Broncos. They came to play, limited their mistakes, ran for big minutes. We mad some poor defensive plays which they capitalized on.

14. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

WHY did we suddenly look fatter and slower this week?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. kurgal
    Join:
    Aug 18, 2013

kurgal 1st Grade Fringe

I don't want to think of Mannering as some kind of cursed bad luck charm dragging the team down but.... I need to be convinced otherwise, after that game.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  16. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Hate watching other games when the warriors lose

17. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

I have a number of comments to make:

1) That Roberts bust which led to a try was due to a missed tackle on the left edge by Passi. Why was he out on the left edge? He shouldn't have to defend against a centre coming at him at full throttle with a bit of room to move. The game sheet shows that Pulu came off the field two minutes later, but I remember there was quite a while that Pulu was just sitting there in pain and not moving. I am not sure but it is possible that had Pulu not been injured then he would have been where Paasi was and then potentially Pulu makes that tackle and we go into half time leading and it is a different ball game. Sorry for the long sentence.

2) Whatever SK said at half time had the opposite effect on us. I thought the first ten minutes of the game was all Broncos. But then I thought we were quietly getting back into it and I was quietly confident of the win at half time as we were only down by one point. Instead we went into our shell. I thought Stacey Jones' plan he announced for us sounded like 2017 all over again. Something about lets complete our sets and get a good kick. Yet what has been working for the Warriors this year is giving ourselves permission to make mistakes and being hard to defend against. We were out coached and that is a concern. As usually the better coached team wins in the playoffs.

3) With ten minutes to go and the loss looking inevitable I started looking for silver linings. Maybe this will lead to the dumping of Hiku who looked like a real ball hogg tonight. I don't think he passed once to his winger and Fusitoa looked upset he wasn't getting the pill. But then that silver lining was robbed from us as Kata went off injured so it will be him replaced instead. And furthermore given that Beale won't be ready until round 8 we are looking at Gelling playing next week in the centres against the Dragons.

4) Mannering needs to start from here on in. He made a big difference defensively when he came on.

5) In a way the game was lost on their first set. They rumbled 70 metres down the field and seemed to expose some weak link in our defence that Bennet had spotted.

We may easily go from 5-0 to 5-3 (with the Dragons and Storm next) which will make Mannering's prediction that we would have multiple losses in a row come correct. Where we go from there will be down to the character of this team.

18. Super Freak
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

Super Freak Brisbane Broncos Bench Player

The Cowboys are getting flogged.

That always cheers up Broncos fans after a loss. But I get what you mean, it always puts me in a bad mood.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  19. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

We have such a stupid level of depth, hiki, Beale, Gelling.

Same with the halves. I personally dont see the points SJ is making in comparison to he is losing compared to a kicker who garuntees you penalty goals pretty much from anywhere, has a much better grubber kick and a better field position kick. But people want to mate with SJ on here so I just say the reality. SJ wants to mate with himself I feel. He truely took Maloney doing him a service then winning golden boot way too heart and hasnt done anything in 3 years since.

I hope he proves me wrong, I really do. I use to be like everyone else, thinking he was amazing. But its not happened since his ankle.

So many good forwards not getting on the bench, Vete wtf.

Did the warriors cheat the system, or how did we get soooo many good players that could play union for for 3 times what they paying.

I called this loss. But I also call the beating of the Dragons who have had it soft as soft gets.

20. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

I knew I should of taken my wife out for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary.:oops: Nah after 5 wins I couldn't drag myself away.

Proud of the team for going 5-0. I was expecting a 1-4 with a win against the Titans or a 2-3 start with a win against the Titans and maybe sneaking a win somewhere else as they needed to keep their season on track.

The club has wanted to improve its starts to the season. We got that but all it is is exactly that a start. If we have improved they need to carry it on and that starts next week.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List