Post Match NRL 2018 - Round 6 - Warriors vs Broncos Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 14, 2018.

1. A+

2. A

3. B

4. C

5. F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

Lawton has been playing ISP. He looks pretty good too. Had a good game today, as did the rest of the team.

2. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

Peeps should watch SK's presser. It was quite interesting. He said at half time he asked the boys to step it up physically but that they failed to do so. He felt the whole match was lost because they out muscled us.

3. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

yeah thank goodness we have great replacement options like Lawton, the coaches have done really well with recruitment.

4. Tedster
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2014

Tedster 1st Grade Fringe

Thanks for the update, would rather him than Tevaga.

5. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

It's like Gelling wasn't taught how to pass. He looked like tyranasaurus rex passing the ball.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

he wouldn't have been.

No one at my leagues club spent time teaching us how to pass, it's a given that some kids can and some can't, you do those passing drills at training and that is meant to do it.

This is the problem the Warriors have to deal with. Young adults that were never taught the kids stuff.

There are obviously some exceptions / exceptional coaches....but on the whole they don't even train often enough to compete.

7. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

Well he wasn't wrong. It's disappointing that the boys didn't lift when he needed them to.

The question remains though. Why did they allow the Broncos to run all over them to begin with? We definitely lacked that hard edge that we had in the first 5 rounds. Were they scared of the Broncos? Did the pressure of winning finally catch up with them? Were they thinking too far ahead of themselves and not focussing on the task at hand?

Plenty for SK and Co to address next week in preparation for the Dragons.

8. Snoopy
    Join:
    Aug 19, 2017

Snoopy 1st Grade Fringe

Lost it in the forwards. The game clearly showed we need some bigger forwards.

The Broncos were in our 40 after most sets.

They made so many more metres every set. That’s why we lost. Simple.

9. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

Hard to argue with this. Yet why were competitive for the first 5 rounds against arguably even bigger packs.

10. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

morkel Broncos Bench Player

Look, I'm not normally this generous, but you guys are obviously hurting ATM.

I'm offering for us to take SJ off you now.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  11. Deranged
    Join:
    May 24, 2012

Deranged 1st Grade Fringe

Anyone here who biches about SJ or the backs not being up to much just don't understand league. You can't do shit if your forwards are bent over and fucked for 80 mins like they were. The forwards didn't step up and that is that. Broncs played well was obvious after first five minutes we would struggle to beat them.

It's one game people calm the fuck down. Last season we would have lost that by 20 plus. Broncs were more desperate than us and it showed. Perhaps if we are out enthused next week you can start worrying. Finally I would just like to say I hate each and everyone of you moaning reactionary cunts.

• Like Like x 15
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • List
  12. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

It would be worse if we didn't already have a clear template of how to win.

That would be the last six years. Good one week, shit the next, left wondering what is the difference.

There is no hiding from the truth this year, go hard or shame on you.

They know they have the talent, we have been seeing more than thirteen players in form this year, times gone by you wondered whether they were actually any good.

People criticizing Green for over playing his hand, bullshit, his kicking game is superior, his passing game is superior, the more he handles the ball the better we look.

It's the other people around the guy that failed to chase those kicks down and drive the Broncos back.
    Johson can't play on the back foot anyway, Green dug them out of a lot of crap in that game.

13. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

The disappointing thing with the jersey grabbing efforts it wasn't one guy. Some of their scoring plays it was one guy goes it with a jersey grab gets fended off followed by the next two guys.

The last few weeks whenever anyone did a big play the guys swarmed in like they were in a Grand Final. This week the big plays were few and far between but the whole side just looked flat.

14. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Not all of us want to trade him ;)

So fark off

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. Brother Faisal
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Brother Faisal 1st Grade Fringe

Very interesting analysis from most people on here, ive noticed alot of thoughful improvements to make, having 5 straight has made us less critical i suppose but still i think losses are hard to take.

I would be interested to get an insiders glimpse into how the boys trained and mentally prepared this week. A thing to remember is the boys have never been in this situation before, having this much success and now with an even higher expectation set by media and fans to keep the streak going and to keep the bar high from what theyve shown us i think they have had hit a mental wall.

Although winning 5 is great, the amount of mental energy theyve exerted, the amount of times theyve defended their line it has come at a cost. The realities of the NRL hve finally hit, the rolls of the dice that we got in early rounds rolled the other way and we are on the end of it this time around. This next 2-3 weeks is now looking seriously challenging, other teams are catching up fitness wise, they are adjusting to the refs while i think the refs have eased off on the policing of the ruck.

Styles makes fights. for whatever reason we just didnt match up well player for player with brisbane.

Oates nullified fusituas aerial attack. The forwards had us in size and power, we usually can beat that with our fitness but they dominated. Kata was dominated by his centre. Milford proved elusive and that we struggle defending speedy halves. Boyd played consistent. They just shut us down fair and square and figured us out. We had no answer and when we couldnt get metres with ease we turned into the warriors of old which for most of us is a scary thought that this could potentially all fall apart again.

Pulu was a big loss, the left edge lost all momentum when he left. I wonder if there is a plus minus rating in league because im concerned how Mannering is contributing effectively on the offensive side, defensively i have no issues.

Too much Tevaga, i agree with danpatmac about him he shouldnt be in the middle there.

I have to agree with the analysis of kearney. that was his worst coaching performance of the year so far, after Pulu went down our rotation couldnt manage and nothing was done in attack to adapt to it. Gelling was bad and made me wonder why doesnt Mannering cover as centre and get another forward in the rotation. The interchanges were poor. I had no clue what was happening for most of that match, i dont think the players knew either, The grind of the nrl season has finally hit us, the travel to perth, the winning, the expectations, the test is if they can prove that they can still be successful in adversity, doesnt get easier with dragons coming up this weekend.

16. Snoopy
    Join:
    Aug 19, 2017

Snoopy 1st Grade Fringe

Exactly - 100%

The halves and the backs had no chance to compete.

The forwards got smashed real bad.

17. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

I thought Johnson was fine. And I thought his try assist to Fusitoa was incredible and that Lino couldn't have done the same thing.
    His goal kicking was also good - although had he made the last one we might just have had more momentum and could have chased down golden point.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

The boys have started listening to their own hype being home ... friends, relatives... they should have just stayed on the road ....

I called it at the start of the game. Broncos brought their big boopers over for wet weather footy. What did we do? stick with Tevagna and Gelling on the bench? smh.... coaching masterpiece by Bennett, rookie mistake by the student SK

19. hman
    Join:
    Feb 4, 2013

hman 1st Grade Fringe

A few mistakes by SK. Starting Lisone was out of the blue and had a negative effect, we lost the battle from the first set and his lack of urgency for their first try was pretty poor. He also looked slow (probably as coming up against fresh fast players vs. off the bench coming up against tiring players).

Gelling on the bench was a waste of time. We had a forward go down early and still Gelling still only gets 5 minutes at the end. Forwards under the pump by a dominant Broncos pack, needed another forward on the bench to help get them out of that hole, Sao would have been ideal, especially how his first couple games for the top team was really good. And also especially as how it was a wet, slow pitch, it was always going to be a game that was won or lost in the middle.

Tevaga too many minutes. Good when he comes on as he adds a point of difference with his footwork at the line, offloads, line speed and leg tackles, but his effectiveness decreases when the minutes become too long.

SJ needed to get into the game more. The balance wasn't right tonight, Green demanded too much of the ball, SJ needs to take the line on more, and unleash Hiku and Fusitua. Felt like 2017 again how he didn't want to take on the line.

Hiku needs to start making his tackles stick. That first try would have been a non event if he made his first up tackle. Getting annoying when he misses his one on one tackles.

You know its not going to be your night when class players like Fus drop the ball.

It annoys me when we keep kicking to a player who keeps eating them up (Oates). Why not be smarter and set a play which sees Fusitua come to the centre of the park leading up to the last play and then he can chase and take on Boyd, anything other then kick it to the guy who is on fire and has already cleaned them up easily.

Also Id prefer Mannering at Lock rather than on an edge. Attacking wise he is a bit clunky, Id have him being the defensive starch in the middle, along with Blair at Prop and keep Pulu on the edge (if he wasn't injured anyway).

Add all these things and add to the fact that the Broncos came to play and oh well, learn from todays loss and come back stronger for the dragons game..

20. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Bluetiful, Just Bluetiful!

I honestly don't think SJ can handle someone else being the man. I don't think he can cope with it. Some of the play from him today was absolutely selfish and not playing for the team. The amount of times he rushes out if the line and misses leaving gaps for his mates to clean up is ridiculous. Look at the first Broncos try.

Also, some really poor option taking at completely the wrong time.

He seriously needs to get back to playing the team game.

FFS needing a little kid telling you to run the ball and he only does it for one game.....