Team List NRL 2018 Round 6 - Warriors vs Broncos TEAM LIST

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Hodges was.....and Thaiday is a notorious grub. no offence Morkel just an outside opinion.

We got Luke and now Blair

2. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

morkel Broncos Bench Player

Imma let my inner arsehole shine bright and say that you guys normally pick up steam around the time everyone else loses their Origin players. And then play the Broncos, in NZ, while we're missing our 3-7 best players, win convincingly, and the media inevitably begin their "Warriors making a run to the finals" articles.

But yes, this year is different. Corvo is exactly what your team needed. Too long they've been coasting on raw talent and not putting in the 1 %ers that win games. You've had an excellent roster for a while now. I was excited for you guys last year with effectively the NZ spine, but you fell in a heap again. Foran contributed for sure, he was supposed to be the hard edge that kept you guys on track but turned out to be a busted testicle, but the talent everywhere else in your side should have been able to make a go of it anyway. This year I expected you to suck just as much as last year. You got a returned-from-Super-League half (very rarely goes well, even if he did have a season or two back in the NRL first), as well as the Lazy Bad Blair that played for the Tigers and 2017 Broncos, who we all thought would settle in to overpaid pre-retirement. And an ex-Storm forward, who normally suck outside the extremely narrow focus that they are afforded in Melbourne's structure. As well as losing Matulino and Lillyman, both of whom I rate highly (even if Jacob is past it, still a great clubman). On paper, that shouldn't have worked. But it is, at least so far, and it's good to see.

3. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Fair call both ways. Forgot about Hodges but I liked how he grubbed at NSW.

Thaiday isn't as grubby as Hodges imo. But hey, how grubby is our little cannonball tackler or our halfback hitman?

4. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Funny, but your inner arsehole was bang on.

5. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

I wanted SJ last year and let that fact be known to anyone in earshot. The Broncos didn't listen. I don't know why.

1. Agree.

2. Not sure I agree but it's possible, I won't deny it. With Milford & Nikorima being confidence players, if Bennett publicly puts them on notice they'll play low-percentage, dumb football to try to force improvement, when they really just need to settle down and do their job. Instead, Bennett backs them, and happily takes the criticism on himself in order to protect his players.

3. Agree. Our attitude was on-point against the Cowboys. My concern is that all the criticism on the halves lets the forwards off the hook ATM. It's them that need to improve the most.

4. I'm a Hunt fan, so I'm genuinely happy for him in how he's going. If the GF loss still hurts me this much (I have PTSD I swear), I'm not surprised he had some baggage with us.

5. I think Nikorima does. One of his greatest strengths is his willingness to work hard and seek improvement. While it's unlikely he'll ever be Cronk level, he'll similarly leave no stone unturned in becoming the best he possibly can be. Hence why backing Kodi is backing a long-term work-in-progress, and not just knee-jerking the moment there is criticism.

6. We had a running joke with Fat Milford, and now have one too with Fat Bird. Big Bird? Whatever. News that our players get a free-Maccas card has not helped the cause.

7. I honestly don't know. If there was any disharmony, trust me, the media would be all over it.

8. Heavy breathing always works whenever I'm trying to impress the ladies. Especially when I'm on the phone. And when they don't know who I am.

It also needs to be remembered that Macca missed the entire pre-season, Milford had surgery, and Boyd is as mobile as a retired George Rose. Our spine had little-to-no pre-season together, that there is reason enough for rust.

Hodges was a grub but he was OUR grub. And he was good enough to carry that cockiness like few others could. If you're looking for a difference between our 2015 and post-2015, Hodges is your answer.

I feel Thaiday's rep as grubby is undeserved. Apart from maybe 2 or 3 times where he has run in to push someone during a handbag fight, he's not a niggler or cheap shot merchant. If anything, his most annoying trait, particularly while we are losing, is joking around for the cameras and looking after his post-football career while playing like a gutless bitch on the paddock.

6. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

Sorry, one of my kids pulled my finger.

7. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Arrr those Origin broncos games. Some of my best Warriors memories....:rolleyes: Hurrell down the left sideline in 2013. Epic.
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    When the footy gods give you crumbs, you cherish them like they are whole pieces of bread.;)

And to your storm point. In the past we've only signed players from the Storm, and they've all fallen flat. This year we've got the assistant coach and trainer, as well as two back row forwards (Harris and Blair). My theory is that If you're not getting some Storm coaching staff to go with the players then don't bother.

But to be fair, Nielson and Lowrie were never going to set Auckland on fire. Well maybe Nielson would have if he'd hung around a little longer. But that's another story.

And to be even more fair, all of our current success (5.0) started with Wayne Bennett... He's still the go to guy afaic.... He taught the teacher and then some.

8. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

Interesting theory. We should have signed Waldron to go with Scott Anderson.

I'm not just talking about ex-Storm players going to the Warriors, I'm talking NRL-wide. Outside of their system they almost exclusively suck. We've had a few ourselves but I doubt you'd find a single club that hasn't paid big dollars for an ex-Melbourne forward that ends up being a turd sandwich.

9. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Is it the WWNrl in action? I sometimes wonder.

It is Melbourne after all, the AFL stronghold.

You always send your best refs to defend the front line.

10. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

I don't know what any of that means. Can I please ask for a translator?

11. Nashy
    Join:
    Mar 1, 2013

Nashy U20's Player

We installed a post size limit on BroncosHQ. morkelmorkel got around it by posting three posts instead of one massive one. Friggin smartass. He's ex staff too, so he's a good egg. He basically made our theme too!

12. morkel
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

No one knew about the post limit until I smacked in to it. I'm helping.

To be fair, I didn't do all of the theme. You've been waiting on me to design that colour scheme for the lists for like 3 weeks now. And here I am wasting time making new friends with the cuzzes from inzid.

13. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

I like morkel.

14. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Post limit shmost shlimit. Give it snot and type a thesis that only the most committed (or should be committed) would read.

Also, it's your time so waste it at your leisure. The cuzzies welcome you with a chur cuzzy choice bro have a fush and some chups.

But yeah. Game day now according to the clock so chat should get interesting.

15. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Sorry for the late reply. I was busy trying to scrub my mind of the thought of your inner arsehole and got confronted by the thought of one of your kids having the surgical responsibility of pulling your finger from it.

But hey, it's game day so I suppose I should have expected anything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.