Team List NRL 2018 Round 7 - Warriors TEAM LIST

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 17, 2018 at 6:00 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

NRL 2018 Round 7 - Warriors TEAM LIST

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    NZWF Official thread for the 2018 Round 7 Warriors team list and discussion...

The official team list will be posted as soon as it becomes available...

2. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Fuck getting a bit worried about this one. That loss has really put things into perspective. We buckled against the first team to play well against us and it wasn't even a highly rated team. Don't get me wrong i think we've been playing with a lot of heart and passion but when i think back to all our wins there's been crucial parts of the game where the opposition let us off the hook or a RTS made a miraculous tackle or the ref called a forward pass on the try etc etc which would have resulted in losses for us. Has the scoreline been flattering us? We need to chance our arm this week, the Dragons are too good to just "defend" against. We need to play exciting footy, fuck this completing sets bullshit we had the nearly 85% completion on the weekend and lost. We need to attack first and then back our defense. I know this sounds stupid but we simply have to put on more points than they do.

3. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah I hope we don't go too "safe" with our selections at the expense of players who can create scoring opportunities.

The game against the Dragons down in Hamilton burns in my mind with them making a million offloads and us not making any.

4. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Sao has to be on the bench. He's light on his feet and creates second phase play. Start Bunty and Mannering and Have Paasi and Lisone as battering rams.

5. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Never knew this bloke could have been lining up for us

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

6. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Think we will get it handed to us this weekend. Dragons look a much hungrier outfit than we do and I think they're a better side across the park. Our halves were outplayed by Milf and Bird, and the Dragons have a couple of the form halves of the comp in Hunt and Widdop. I think they'll be too smart and clinical, backed up by a bunch of forwards who know they're in the Origin frame. Aitken and Dufty also have to be two of the form outside backs of the comp.

7. Stone
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Stone 1st Grade Fringe

Thankfully bro you also thought we'd get "thrashed against the Bunnies & the Chooks" so lets's hope that's some kinda omen & you're wrong again yeah lol

Personally I'm willing to believe that the team will show up ready to rock n roll ... we may not win ... but I think we will at least put in an acceptable performance

If we are to be genuine contenders this season then we simply cannot afford back to back below par performances ... especially at home

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

Forwards.

That is what it is all about this week in my opinion.
    They have to start well, front up like they did in the first few rounds and really play with aggression.

9. RiceOwl
    Join:
    Mar 28, 2015

RiceOwl 1st Grade Fringe

I’m with you on this one Stoney. Glass half full is how I’m trying to look at it. I feel the loss last weekend has hopefully given the boys a jolt and that we need to bring a far better effort this weekend. Bit concerned re: injuries but feel at home we could get over them. Surely they are due a loss soon too, may as well be by us!

10. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Warriors: The Warriors' first loss of the season brought some injury pain with it as forward Leivaha Pulu (foot) and centre Solomone Kata (ankle) both face some time on the sidelines. Former Wigan centre Anthony Gelling is likely to shift to the starting side for Kata, while Simon Mannering's recent injury comeback shapes him as Pulu's likely replacement in the run-on team. With two bench spots open the likes of Isaiah Papali'i, Ligi Sao, Albert Vete and Sam Cook are jostling for NRL recalls.

From nrl.com

11. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

I hope I am wrong too...would be extremely happy.

12. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

We are going to win this one.

We are going to defend resolutely and as a team, swarming, suffocating, smashing, intimidating.

Our pack will win territory and give our halves the platform to blaze it up.

RTS will be MOM. Fus to get a hat trick.
    Blair to setup a try. Bully to make over 150 metres. Crowd to reach 17,000.

Forum to ride every blow of the whistle and seven agonising back forward back forwar back forward did he get it down or is he out replays.

Harris to setup a try and score one.

Us by 8

13. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Yes forwards for sure - St G have got power runners across their pack which can hurt big time.

However, equally important is line speed. Widdop and Hunt will tear us apart if they get time. We shut down Cronk, Keary and JT through massive pressure in their face (although penalties come with it) - that has been the biggest key to our success this year imho.

I also like Fus to centre and Soosemea to wing, but I feel like SK is one of the last coaches in the NRL to hand out debut Jerseys. It is a shame Ayshford is injured, he is an underrated distributor and can perform a solid role. Perfect depth player to have and can play back row.

It will be good to have another look at Lawton in ISP

14. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Now that we have a one of the best organisers in Green there’s no reason for Johnson to not run more. All this talk about never having someone to take the pressure of Johnson so it could free up his running game is bullshit. I just don’t think the guy likes to get his pretty face dirty. I don’t want to bag him but goddam it run man! At least pretend like your taking on the line so it puts doubt in thier mind. He plays one good game where he jinx and ducks or does the odd goodkick but then shits the bed all together the next game

15. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

He shit the bed that they made as a team. We were dominated bro. Nobody can unleash from the halves when your whole team is getting dominated.

He performs best when like all halves - on the front foot.

16. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

i understand man but surely he can do a bit more than what he does when the team is struggling like that. I know hes not a magician but he goes into his shell way more than other halves in the comp.

17. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

True. That's how he got the princess name i guess. Not just him but all of our boys will need to step up

18. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

19. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Not sure how Albie got himself ahead of Satae, Sao and Papalii but had his best game in ISP last week so probably deserves a run.

20. danyooll
    Join:
    Aug 17, 2014

danyooll 1st Grade Fringe

I’m guessing Kata’s out, swapped with Gelling and Satae to take the #17 spot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.