General Discussion NRL Finals Schedule

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by diehard, Aug 26, 2016.

1. diehard
    Join:
    Jan 27, 2016

diehard 1st Grade Fringe

Just got my Sky magazine and they're differentiating between Qualifying and Elimination finals. Does anyone know which ladder place plays on which day? I'm going to Melbourne for business that weekend and wondering if I'll be able to go to the game on Saturday or Sunday.

2. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

It's not like the McIntyre system where games are set by the order of positions on the table that determine who is eliminated is 7 & 8th playing the last 2 games to create most drama/excitement, so it may determine what's best for each game in turn for rest, travel etc (for once over what rates best for TV)

You're best off praying to the big man upstairs than hoping it best senerio for you.

If the NRL are smart, they'll play the Storm game when it doesn't conflict with the AFL since their week 1 finals schedule will be determined by this Sunday arvo and there is a bye weekend before their finals start

3. diehard
    Join:
    Jan 27, 2016

diehard 1st Grade Fringe

Guess I'm looking for the Storm to play Saturday or Sunday on the 10th or 11th so that I can attend. Maybe if the Storm win tonight, the NRL will say when the Storm, who will win the minor premiership, will play. Is that possible?

4. bringmethehorizon
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

bringmethehorizon 1st Grade Fringe

*IF* we make the 8, hopefully we dont play at 730pm NZT on the saturday and clash with the All Blacks AGAIN

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Matulino#1
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Matulino#1 1st Grade Fringe

Having looked at the four seasons of the improved finals format. Week one sees 1 game on Friday and Sunday, 2 games on Saturday.

Team 6 v Team 7 has been played on Sunday of week 1 every year. Looking like Broncos v Panthers on Sunday 11th September

Team 5 v Team 8 has been played on Saturday of week 1 every year. Twice as the early game and twice as the later game. Looking like Bulldogs v Titans/Warriors on Saturday 10th September at 7.30pm or 9.30pm.

1 v 4 has fallen on Saturday twice and Friday twice.

2 v 3 has fallen on Saturday twice and Friday twice

• List
  6. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Awesome.

Since I'm already convinced that NRL ladder will remain same going into finals, here's how I see things :

First week of NRL finals :

Storm Vs Cowboys - Friday, 9th September, 9.30pm NZT (7.30EST) AMMI Park, Melbourne.
    Broncos Vs Titans - Saturday, 10th September, 7.30pm NZT (5.30EST), Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane.
    Raiders Vs Sharks - Saturday, 10th September, 9.30pm NZT (7.30EST) Canberra Stadium, Canberra.
    Bulldogs Vs Panthers - Sunday, 11th September 6.00pm NZT (4.00EST) ANZ Stadium, Sydney.

:happy:

7. diehard
    Join:
    Jan 27, 2016

diehard 1st Grade Fringe

But if Melbourne is in first place and the minor premiership, do you think they'll play on Friday and not Saturday? Will we find out from the Storm or NRL when they'll play? Reason I ask is that I'll be in Melbourne for the first game on Melbourne only on Saturday and Sunday and want to get tickets asap.

8. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Mate I'm sorry but honestly I don't know. I'm only guessing what will happen. That using the last couple finals series as guide you can see that the team that won minor premiership that year went on to play the team that finished fourth on ladder on Friday at home. All we can do now is hope that Melbourne finish second or third on the ladder so you will get see them play in next few weeks. I really do hope that things work out for you mate, go Broncos and go Sharks ... :)

9. Matulino#1
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Matulino#1 1st Grade Fringe

Based on the previous years there is 0% chance of 1 v 4 being played on Sunday. 50% chance of the game being played Saturday.

• List
  10. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Until the Warriors make it.... the Finals are a myth!!!!

11. diehard
    Join:
    Jan 27, 2016

diehard 1st Grade Fringe

Thanks for the help everyone. I would think that the #1 team would get the best night for the biggest TV audience. Would that be Friday or Saturday night? I'm hoping that if the Storm win tonight, and they'll be #1, the NRL and Storm would then lock in a date for their first game. Here's hoping.

12. diehard
    Join:
    Jan 27, 2016

diehard 1st Grade Fringe

Well, I definitely got lucky--Storm playing Cowboys on Saturday night and my missus decided to treat me to tickets in the Captain's Lounge to watch the game. Can't wait.