General Discussion Nrl Multimedia And News Not Deserving Of It's Own Thread!

Discussion in 'NRL Discussion' started by Lego_Man, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Darn, forgot to find one with a much smaller assailant to show how to disarm a Vietnamese kidnapper ;)

2. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

The US Military Industrial complex couldn't do it either.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

4. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Or the PRC Army, the Vietnamese really did them over afterwards
    The Yanks were told that in 1945 by an American intelligence officer in Vietnam.

5. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Not to mention the Japanese in WW2, their General Giap should be regarded as one of the greatest military minds. He dealt to the Japanese, the French, the Yanks, not to mention the South Vietnamese. The only ones who had consistent success were the Aussies and Kiwis.

• List
  6. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

and to Pol Pot...somebody had to...and the Germans in the French Foreign Legion at Dien Ben Phu. The Thais snotted the French at Vientiane, Laos in 1940 as well.

You would have thought somebody would have got the message about messing with South East Asia..

7. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Same as Afghanistan. In the Empire days Britain sent a 10,000 strong army in, 1 survived.

8. surfin
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

surfin Warriors 1st Grader

The thing with an invading army anywhere, the average soldier does not have the same drive to win as those defending their family, home or freedom. If things start going badly they have less reason to keep pushing.

9. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Napoleon and Hitler were only defeated by the Russian winter.

The west has been guilty of underestimating South East Asia for some reason. Ho Chi Minh wrote to at least two US Presidents asking for help getting rid of the French. Pity they didn't listen. There have been almost constant wars going on in South East Asia for centuries. They know how to fight.

10. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

'He pretty much ripped my d*** off': NRL star Haydn Peacock speaks out
    5:44 PM Monday Mar 14, 2016
    Haydn Peacock has spoken out about a horrific incident on the field. Photo / Instagram

An Aussie rugby league star has shared the story of the horrific moment his penis was torn during a tackle.

Haydn Peacock suffered the bizarre injury which required 11 stitches while playing for the French side AS Carcassonne last month.

The 23-year-old was pulled to the ground by his manhood - but he only realised the extent of the injury at halftime.

"When we played UTC the other week their centre pretty much ripped my d*ck off," Peacock explained on the website French Footy.

"He made a tackle by reaching out and grabbing my d*ck. Have you seen the photo? It's a classic. They put it on the front page of the paper.

"I took the ball off the scrum and made a half break, and their centre has come across from the inside and reached out in a last-ditch effort and has got a hold of my d*ck with one hand and pulled me down.

"There's a photo of me screaming in pain, and I finished out the half. The pain was all right and then at halftime I was like 'I've got to have a look'. I checked on it and the skin is half ripped off and I was like, 'Sh*t, where's the doctor? Where's the doctor?'

Will Chambers reacts after a squirrel grab from Sam Burgess. Photo / Fox Sports

"They had to go and get the UTC doctor and he came in and checked it out and he was like, 'Oh man, you're going to have to go and get stitches'. So I had to go to the clinic that night and they had to put 11 stitches around it to put the skin back together.

"I showed all the boys and they were pissing themselves laughing. In all of my career I've never heard of anyone having anything like that happen - 11 stitches in the d*ck.

"I remember I had to strap it all up for the next game. I just had to go around it. The coach wanted me to go out and buy a cup but I'm not going to play with a cup, I'm not going to be able to run. I just had to heavily strap it. It's all good (now). I got the stitches out and it's all sweet. No dramas."

OUCH!

Peacock's injury joins a long list of cringe worthy rugby league moments which includes "squirrel grips": Aussie slang for an illegal rugby tackle involving the grip of the testicles, and John Hopoate's infamous tactics.

All Black captain Buck Shelford was a key player in the infamous "Battle of Nantes" - the second test against France in 1986.

Twenty minutes into the match, he was caught at the bottom of a ruck, and a French boot struck him in the groin, ripping his scrotum and leaving one testicle hanging free.

He also lost four teeth. Incredibly, after discovering the injury to his scrotum, he calmly asked the physio to stitch up the tear and returned to the field before a blow to his head left him concussed.

He was substituted and watched the remainder of the game from the grandstand where he witnessed the All Blacks lose 16-3.

To this day Shelford has no memory of the game.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

11. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Sam Burgess eh? I remember reading Mark Graham's book about when he was a rookie Kiwi on tour in England. They had some real hard nut West Coasters and Canterbury guys. I think they were Tony Coll, Ray Baxendale and John Greengrass. The Poms were pretty dirty back then. These guys told Graham if he had any problems just to let them sort it out. From what Graham wrote they sure as hell did.

There are guys who are capable of sorting Burgess out, they just are not allowed to any more. I reckon groping a guys cock is the same as grabbing a woman's crotch and should be treated the same, so a life ban.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  12. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

not really that different to a finger up the arse either. Lets see the great Morman soldier inserted his digit up 3 different anuses in one game against the cowboys and after failing with an NRL defense of attempting to give them a wedge, where his digits slipped, John Hopoate was charged with unlawful sexual connection in relation to the incident. Which nowadays would get him put on the sex offenders register i believe.

13. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

But he did slow down the play the balls.o_O

That was an embarrassing time to be a rugby league fan. How sport got world wide attention; but that definitely test the all publicity is good publicity theory.

• List
  14. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

This penis grabbing thing seems to be an English past time. That guy Phil Clark (from the Chooks) did it to Matthew Ridge in a test at Palmerston North once. What Aussie or Kiwi would be proud of grabbing another guy like that?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  15. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

I just dont get how this is not a sexual assault? I get incidents happen on the field, the odd stray knee or finger to an eye etc. But change the location and read a report of one man reaching between another mans legs and grabbing his dick and balls and then with a loving caress squeezing the shit out of them, twisting and pulling.

I'm pretty sure you can find places where you pay good money for that, but its between consenting adults.

16. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

I've often pondered that too. How a punch up on a rugby field isn't assault.
    Apparently things are changing now and being convicted of assault while playing a sport isn't that unheard of.
    I supposed most things that happen in a game of rugby would be some form of assault off the field and that creates a grey area.

17. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

It is a fine line, in rugby and league you consent to getting belted, it just became an accepted practice to have a punch up. In my day, as well as eye gouging, full stiff arm tackles and the like, a head butt as the scrum went down, or a punch from the second row was common as well. Never ever saw a crotch grab though, we are Kiwis after all.

18. Jay M
    Join:
    Sep 25, 2012

Jay M Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

a punch on a public field can constitute assault. The difference being the rugby and league communities typically regard it as part of the game, and a lot of people never wanted to take it further (or conversely, didn't know they could) for fear of looking weak.

Example: Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• List
  19. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

You accept those assaults like tackles etc as they are part of the game and within the rules. However when dirty play occurs it comes within criminal law. I suppose 2 players fighting could be construed as fighting in a public place but not assault IMO.

• List
  20. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Strictly speaking...yes.:)