General Discussion NRL Naughty Chair

Discussion in 'NRL Discussion' started by Wellington Warrior, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

2. Leedslion007
    Join:
    Aug 21, 2013

Leedslion007 1st Grade Fringe

Must have been more than a lovers tiff

3. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Not condoning whatever he did... But why has the NRL waited this long to do anything about it... It happened 6 months ago!!!

I don't recall Greg Inglis or Greg Bird or Robert Lui getting indefinite bans???

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  4. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

They waited for the courts to hand down their verdict. They don't get involved in anything police related until the courts have had their say.

As for Inglis and Bird, I think the weak former management had a bit to do it, and in those cases the players were never actually charged so again, it wasn't something that the courts could rule on.

Lui got hit pretty hard. Wasn't he out for over a year?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  5. stacky18
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2013

stacky18 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah, Lui got a year. But I thought he was a repeat offender, having done the same thing twice following play off elimination loses.
    For Auva'a the NRL had to wait for the court case to close, they couldn't be like the previous administration was with Stewart and ban a guy before he is dealt with by the courts. They played the cautious route and can now impose a stiff penalty. I reckon he should have got at least a 12 month suspension from league if not jail for what he did.
    Personally I hope this is not the end of this. I want South Sydney to get a massive fine, not a suspended fine like is the norm these days. Souths knew what he did all year but they still let him play, giving him one week off and a small fine.
    All the clubs need to take a stand against violence against women and I hope the NRL continues to ban guys for such disgusting crimes.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  6. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Zane Tetevano also got the boot last season after being found guilty, he's apparently got a contract with manly for this year though.

Had they done nothing to auvaa they'd have been accused of all sorts of double standards, he'll be back at some point like lui and others before him. They still Havnt let Blake ferguson back in the NRL though.

7. Dangerous
    Join:
    May 22, 2012

Dangerous Warriors Bench Player

Listening to triple m rush hour tonight they said he bashed the women into a garage door. I don't get these dickheads that want to beat & abuse women. him & Blake ferguson should be banned for life

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  8. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

It's a strange situation, you would think the integrity committee had grounds to suspend him and the NRL has played dumb in this case because he had already plead guilty.

The use of the phrase "the NRL abhors violence against Women" gives me hope that the one punch rule is about to be rectified along with the shoulder charge.

9. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Good explanation bro.

In Packers case the NRL had enough evidence from the Warriors to act before the Courts verdict of guilt.

The NRL has cleaned it's act up since Jim Doyle ran the integrity unit and Dave Smith took over.

Criminals like this guy / Ferguson and Packer won't get away these days.

Probably the Mums and Women in league ( powerful group in the games future planning ) shouldn't have to back a sport where people like this aren't sent an appropriate message.

10. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE Contributor

They had enough to go on to suspend him months ago. He had plead guilty back in May and they could have easily got hold of the ex-girlfriends witness statement. Instead he gets to play out the year and get a ring. The NRL could have easily have made a move. They did that to Russell Packer as well as Blake Ferguson. Both were suspended long before they had their day in court. Seems the sit and wait approach is only for the more successful and influential clubs.

That being said, after he was processed through the court the NRL slapped a $2000 fine on him and committed him to weekly counselling as punishment. It wasnt till Buzz Rothfield kicked up a stink in the media about the measly fine handed out to a women basher and the $50,000 fine given to his man crush Paul Gallen for calling the NRL cunts that the NRL went further and placed the ban on Kirisome.

The NRL Integrity Unit is a joke. Too much bowing down to the bigger clubs. They try give Kirisome a $2000 fine for women bashing then talk about how they are investigating some silly boofhead prankster who harmlessly runs through a door. Fine Paul Gallen $50,000 then a few weeks later they basically give him a $15,000 discount...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  11. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

The thing with Rothfield he goes on these crusades like he is the moral compass of the league fraternity, he's also one of the people in the league community who has a hidden agenda. Then you can pick holes in his arguments I read on League Unlimited that Michael Gordon had a domestic issue (not sure if valid as I haven't read anything on this) but he doesn't mention that. Pretty sure he wrote a lot about the Ben Barba when that was the hot topic, he's seems fine with him now that he's playing for the Sharks.

Rothfield is now pushing that he is banned from the NRL because he was refused one interview. He talks a good game but watch the next time there is a big issue like the Shane Flanagan being suspended or the ASADA findings. When there is a big press conference he's all timid hanging on every word Dave Smith.

On League Unlimited there was a good post referencing his article in September where he hung out with Dave Smith for the day, how he's a great guy and fantastic for the game. Now a few months later Dave Smith needs to be sacked as we can't have a banker running a big sport like this.

Sorry for the rant but he swings around a lot. If Gallen played for Souths and Auva'a played for Cronulla what would his stance be?

Auva'a should have been suspended at the time and probably more then $2000. I don't think I've heard of any NRL fine of only $2000, that's probably only one match payment. The big thing at the moment is to suspend part of the fine. If they were going to wait until the court proceedings had completed they could have fined him first and suspended part of it or had it dependent on the court case.

The off field incidents are a lot harder to put a specific fine or suspension to as all of the cases are different. They aren't like a high tackle (well I suppose insome instances they could be) where you could compare them to other cases or categorize them. A sports governing body ruling on external off field issues whic

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  12. Matulino#1
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Matulino#1 1st Grade Fringe

Maybe that's why the Kiwis didn't pick him

• List
  13. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

He will be back next year. Why would lift their ban on him training with the team if they weren't preparing to allow him to sign a contract. The whole way the Roostres have handled the situation with him is a bullshit way of skirting the salary cap, if you ask me.

14. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

In no way do I condone what Auvaa had done, but people change after these types of episodes and turn into better men with more understanding around abuse issues. Bird glassed his missus then tried to get his mate to take the wrap and no matter what we think of him as a whinging Aussie he has been exemplary off the field, the same as Inglis ended up marrying the girl and is now the pinup boy of the NRL although has trouble recognising Kiwi players. I think we all at sometime have been filled with rage, jealousy, alcohol when younger and not been able to control emotions, I put my hand up....

• List
  15. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

I had a giggle bro,
    rage, jealousy, anger and alcohol on my behalf are all the things that turn my 4 foot 9 love of my life for nearly a quarter of a century into Jake the Mussrs.
    Da bitch even rang the cops one time to get me taken away after giving me a good bitch slapping..
    She cracks me up(literally) when she loses the plot, which only incenses her ire..she farny..

16. mode81
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2012

mode81 1st Grade Fringe

Very unfortunate for his partner don't wish harm upon anyone and the off field personal stuff but the kid is a real talent on the field ..

Pretty gutting for all involved but hopefully he learns his lesson I just feel if it was one of the bigger name players they wouldn't have been dealt a more severe punishment more of a slap on the wrist think Greg Bird glass bottle incident..

17. Leedslion007
    Join:
    Aug 21, 2013

They said on the radio this morning that he's still being paid while under suspension, I believe he should have been sacked and deregistered when and only when he can prove he has rehabilitated should the NRL look to register him again.

If I was charged for smacking my wife my employer would terminate me immediately...
    And if had any one of my employees in the same position they'd be gone

• List
  18. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

i think hes only on minimum at the moment anyway. and i have to comment that now that its been through the courts and he has been sentenced that the NRL punishment sounds a lot like double jeopardy. I guess i would take my que from the wife - if shes still with him, then let him earn money within the NRL. If she dumped him (no more than he deserves) then fire his arse and let him go through the same process as all the rest in trying to get reinstated.

Suspension really doesnt achieve much IMO, a paid holiday while waiting his return. Meh.

• List
  19. Leedslion007
    Join:
    Aug 21, 2013

Minimum 9 months from now.. So we could see him back mid/late next season...

And he was a fringe player until this season, maybe all the media attention is because he won the prem with Souths
    If this had happened in the intrust cup
    - would he have been suspended at all
    - would we have even heard about it?

When Jake Friend got sacked he went away, rehabilitated and returned.( booze and violence not the same granted) but it's at least a comparison that someone got sacked for a lot less...

I don't mind that people can make mistakes and shit happens in this crazy world but like you say "a paid holiday" and half a season off isn't that big of a punishment for anyone that lays a hand on a female, especially a big strong athlete that is trained to fight.

• List
  20. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Another Souths player done for domestic violence.... When will these morons learn!!!!!
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• List