General Discussion NRL Nines 2017

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Fenderboy, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Fenderboy
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Fenderboy 1st Grade Fringe

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. eric
    Join:
    May 27, 2015

eric 1st Grade Fringe

SJ, please feign injury and sit this out.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  3. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

AusWarriorsFan Warriors Bench Player

well to be honest, we got some great talent in NSW Cup, Hingano etc, lets give him a crack at this with Lolohea, Ken, Fus. The problem is losing Fisiahi we lost a lot of pace (which was never used). Outside Johnson we dont really have anyone truely quick in our team.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Same weekend as the Guns n Roses concert. Only figured that out when it was announced even though they usually aim for Waitangi weekend. Might need to tell my mate to hold off on the concert tickets.:banghead:

I see the Duco announcement lists Benji. Will he be lining up for a new club or as a legend for either the Tigers or Dragons?

• List
  5. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

Have to agree with this. Look what happened when we had a first grade team lost last year. We were lucky against the Broncos to get out of the pool stage

• List
  6. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

Thurston is playing this year apparently

• List
  7. Fenderboy
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Just got my Nines tickets via the Warriors members offer. $150 for Gold in the North Stand on the 30 metre line

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  8. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

Im hoping we rest majority of our key players. Play RTS as 1 of our top 5 earners requirement, will be a good launching pad for him to get his comeback season underway. Other than that rest everyone else and only play our young guns and players that need experience.

• List

9. kabkram
    Join:
    Oct 21, 2015

kabkram 1st Grade Fringe

Rather than just throw a bunch of players at it and say go have some fun why not have them train for a week work on some plays and oh I don't know maybe come up with a semblance of a game plan.

10. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

SJ announced he's playing also. Can't say I agree with that being a good decision.

• List
  11. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

Are you doubling up and doing the Guns N Roses concert as well? I had a mate organizing concert tickets and then I saw the Nines advertised and saw the dates. Damn now this indecisive fella needs to make some decisions.:eek:

It would be a convenient night for Axl Rose to go back to his old way of going on late. Give people time to head home eat and have a shower after the Nines and head back to the concert.

I've got an additional scheduling problem. I asked my wife if she had no problem with me going to the concert more as it is far out in advance and so she knows in case we need to go away etc. A few weeks later I realized it's my sons first birthday. She thought I was asking due to that so I'll stick with that.:p

12. Fenderboy
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Yep.Already have my GnR ticket also so plan on walking from Eden Park to Western Springs. Need to wait until the game timetable comes out to see when the last Warriors game will be on Sat. Will probably be a lot of Warriors Jerseys in the crowd for the gunners:)

I know what you mean about Axl's old ways. I have seen GnR 3 times previously. The 2007 show at Vector Arena was a trainwreck. It was Axl and a bunch of other guys to be fair but things were not helped when they started at midnight a couple of hours after Sebastian Bach and Rose Tattoo had finished. 1992 I saw them in Melbourne and they were pretty much done and dusted then.Very little that was memorable about the show. The first and still the best show was the original band in Auckland in 1988 before all the rot set in.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    • List
  13. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

The Nines is going to be about JT and his guy.

Jarryd Hayne to play NRL Nines

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Jarryd Hayne. Photo / Photosport.
    Another big name as been confirmed for the Auckland NRL Nines.

Warriors halfback Shaun Johnson revealed today that NFL convert Jarryd Hayne will take part in the Nines next year.

Talking to the Crowd Goes Wild Breakfast on Radio Sport, Johnson let slip that Hayne will appear for the Titans at February's Nines tournament.

Earlier this week Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston confirmed he would be attending the Nines.

The 33-year-old is widely considered the best player in the world, after guiding the Cowboys to their maiden premiership win last year and having achieved almost everything there is to do in the game.

The four-time Dally M and three-time Golden Boot winner was a frustrated spectator when the Cowboys took out the inaugural Nines trophy in 2014 and participating in the preseason tournament remains one of the last boxes to tick on Thurston's career bucket list.

"I'm excited about the Nines and I've got a really good buzz about it," he said. "It's (previously been) more about getting my priorities right, about what I wanted to achieve each year.

- Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

14. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

15. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Good, let us play our #1 superstar Tui Lolohea to match up with these future immortals.

What’s that? He’s not one of our 15 best players? But I read so many articles about how amazing and in demand he is!

My interest in the 9s has faded cos it’s a lottery with less than half of the teams taking it serious, but its good the NRL hasn’t given up supporting it and are still getting big names involved.

• List
  16. kabkram
    Join:
    Oct 21, 2015

kabkram 1st Grade Fringe

To mind thats the biggest thing the 9's as going over the 7's you actually know players in every team, name recognition is huge and I also don't mind a Fittler or Menzies making an appearance. And for the record the past 3 winners haven't exactly been chumps.

17. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

Still plenty of time for them to pull out. Hasnt JT done this before? Say he's coming then pull out for whatever reason...

• List
  18. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

We had Slater do all of the promotion last year and then not play. Thurston was apparently texting the Cowboys guys in the first year telling them how to play 9s and all reports were he was keen to play. Sounded like he was going to play in 2015, not surprising he didn't after the international season and having a premiership to defend.

It's good to see the big names like Hayne and Thurston saying they will play. I'm still skeptical until we see the squads announced.

• List
  19. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

AusWarriorsFan Warriors Bench Player

100%. Losing fish for me was bigger han Hurrell. Our only speedster and potential flying winger. Johnson has lost all his interest in stepping and running. Id consider leaving him out and maybe giving both Ata and Lolohea (who could possible be quicker than Johnson now) a go. Definitely Ken and Fus and Kata imo. Id try Bunty Afoa and Thompson. How many subs in 9s? Im not sure Id play Ayshford, but he is versatile like Thompson and Afoa. Mannering. And most definitely start Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad.

Im not surprised big name players want to play, I get the feeling its more the clubs hesitant. Big money for the players, high risk for the clubs.

• List
  20. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

The Pools for the Nines:

Piha Pool: Dragons, Eels, Sea Eagles, Warriors

Hanua Pool: Cowboys, Roosters, Raiders, Rabbitohs

Rangitoto Pool: Knights, Wests Tigers, Broncos, Storm

Waiheke Pool: Sharks, Titans, Panthers, Bulldogs