General Discussion NZ Warriors Podcast

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Brother Faisal, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Brother Faisal
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Brother Faisal 1st Grade Fringe

Hey Guys its been a while since ive been on, ive still been monitoring things as they pop up on this site but a few other things in life have been occupying my time of late.

I've been listening to a variety of podcasts of late, particurlarly basketball ones as its another one of my interests, ive been listening to alot of the teams podcasts which solely focus on their team and happenings within the franchise. They arent really famous guys that are running them but they have alot of knowledge about their team and seem to somehow get interviews with people involved with the organization.

for example ive been listening to a podcast by 2guys who are fans of the Golden State Warriors (NBA Team). They discuss in depth about their roster, post game analysis, coaches and owners and each podcast will have an interview with someone from the club or a reporter who has been following the team closely.

I then tried looking up Rugby League podcasts and to be honest it was pretty rubbish. Most were aussies who werent really talking about anything substantial and the rest were brits who only talked about Super League,

I tried looking for a Warriors one but there wasnt any search results that had one.

My first question is is there a Warriors dedicated podcast out there?

Secondly i believe it would be a great idea to make a podcast devoted to the warriors, and i think there would be some on this website that have the knowledge and skill to do it. I know theres radio sport that does a league segment but i feel theres more that can come from fans perspective and more discussion and analysis that could be done with a podcast.

Let me know what you think, would be interested to see who would be interested in this idea and getting it started up. :)

2. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

raypowerraypower used to have a rugby league podcast. This idea has been banded out before. If anyone is keen on starting this up we would definately assist in promoting it via this site.

3. BA-AD Luck
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

BA-AD Luck 1st Grade Fringe

Awesome idea, but unfortunately I'm not very talented in this department. I hope that there's somebody out there who could start it up for us. I'll be an avid listener.

4. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

Am pretty tempted to give this a crack. Will look at putting something together in the next few days and see what people think

5. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Yeah this has been thrown around before. It's difficult....there are a few already around (league podcasts). I'd entertain the idea of doing one if I had 2 or 3 people already doing it that were entertaining etc. I'm defs not in that mould however, PBPB said he was keen though, maybe he can join you rugged ;)

6. Danpatmac
    Join:

Danpatmac Guest

i previously had a new music podcast on itunes, had a bit of success with it and I also teach the basics as part of my media studies classes.
    If anyone wanted to look into it i am happy to advise or even contribute in some capacity.

It's really not that hard to do, you just need to commit some time.

7. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Haha what happens when noone listens? Or you get an embarrassing 5 listens or something...

8. PolarBob
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2012

PolarBob #000000

Stirrer. :)

9. a.c.e
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

a.c.e 1st Grade Fringe

this is a great idea! Even have a fan from an opposing teams to get a perspective on a up coming match against the Warriors, and if the podcasters are lucky some guess speakers and their take say . . . from people that cover the Warriors or a Warrior player to drop a few lines!

10. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

Hey, I am beginning to work on something, my plans are very much in the beginning stages. One segment I am planning is the issue of the week and thought I could have a couple of Warriors fans on each week to discuss a hot topic. If anyone is interested in being a part of this can you flick me a PM.
    Also if anyone is interested in being part of this on an ongoing basis let me know, am keen for any help!

11. PolarBob
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2012

PolarBob #000000

Here's another segment for you. Reading player tweets out deadpan, much like Nick Offerman reading young female celebrity tweets on Conan.

Sione Lousi tweets: 'oua, gumm on bro dat was hard. Fukin couch coaches!'

Newsreader style.

12. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

Great suggestion!

13. Spence
    Join:
    Mar 31, 2012

Spence Sgt. Pepper

What does OUA mean? I see many of the Warriors tweet that.

14. Robster
    Join:
    May 13, 2012

Robster Warriors Bench Player

I'm interested in being involved the podcast. :)

15. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

what is actually involved with this? how do you make a contribution?

16. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

17. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

It would probably be a three way phone call possibly using Skype. For the issue of the week I would like to have a pool of people tand then would alternate through them so it would be a different two each week.

18. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Did this ever go anywhere? Don’t ask me how I ended up on here at midnight on a Monday

19. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

There are a couple of users from here who are going to be involved in a regional radio sports show where they cover league/warriors for 7-10 mins a week. Might be a good idea to record that and post that up on here if its ok with the parties involved.

Someone start a podcast up! Will support in any way we can.

20. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

The problem with a podcast it’s only one way communication...

With social media today that’s not going to work...

People don’t just want to sit and listen. They want to answer back... discuss, argue, comment....

Imagine if this website was simply an newsletter with no ability to have a discussion .... Bruce would be beside himself unless it was him writing back in the day stories?!