General Discussion NZ Warriors Premiership Winning Team

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by wazzas, Aug 14, 2016.

1. wazzas
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

wazzas 1st Grade Fringe

Yesterdays game showed we have flaws in certain areas of our game, most notably our forwards in the middle, defence and in attack. Out of the players we have right now, if we were to win a premiership, this is what I see:

Starting

1 Roger Tuivasa Scheck
    2. ?????
    3. David Fusitua
    4. Solomone Kata
    5. ?????
    6. ?????
    7. Shaun Johnson
    8. Albert Vete
    9. Issac Luke
    10. ?????
    11. Bodene Thompson
    12. Ryan Hoffman
    13. Simon Mannering

Reserves

14. Nate Roach
    15. ????? (Prop)
    16. Manu Vatuvei (Prop)
    17. ????? (Back row)

Coach: ?????

I think we have a good group of player that can deliver a premiership, but we are still missing some key factors: consistency, ability to thrive on pressure, a good game plan, strong defensive line in the middle and good go forward. For me it is important to recruit players to fix these issues instead of relying on players we already have, Lillyman and Matulino are deadweight right now, don't think that will change so I think we should release those two (only if we can find suitable replacements, but JD is good at that). I would be all for giving Ivan Cleary the reigns again with the potential of Stacey Jones as assistant, bu we can;t just wait around for this to happen, we have to act now.

If we were to win a premiership, lets say in 3-4 years time, which of the current players would you guys see on the podium lifting the trophy???

2. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

You would have to have Bunty Afoa in there, he has been brilliant every time he has played this year, as your bench back row maybe

3. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

Good post.

Jason Tomololo? ... as a start and some experience players that are reliable. We're seen as a development club, we have lots of talent & up and comers but looking at the last 5 years since we were in the GF, most clubs have bugger all rookies or players played under 50 games.

4. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

The Warriors wont have many under 50 games by next year, Fusitua and Vete would be the only ones around 30 games unless they persist with Lisone but Bunty Afoa must be pushing him for that backrower bench spot.

5. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

Harsh call saying Jonno Wight won't be there.