1. Ozwarrior
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2014

Ozwarrior 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Found this in the daily telegraph.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

WARRIORS
    You know how this goes. The Warriors must have some kind of cloning facility hidden somewhere on the North Island because they just keep cranking out forwards with serious ability. Ofahiki Ogden is the latest out of the production line and while he might not have the size of some of the giants (at 192cm and 100kg he’s no featherweight either) he’s hard as you like and has terrific footwork. Capable of playing prop and secondrow, he’s in with a shot at landing a bench spot in 2017.

2. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Not have the side of some of the giants. He's 192cm tall most of our guys are usually short and stocky. After a few pre seasons he'd probably put on another 5-15 kgs depending on the ideal weight the training staff think would be for him.

3. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

Classic "Massive Warriors" reporting. Just because our juniors are 90% brown fellas, doesn't mean they're "massive" or any bigger than the Aussie juniors.

I'd love to ask the guy who was the last quality NRL forward the Warriors have produced from our clone facility? Matulino? Who debuted like 8 years ago?

Anyway, haven't seen to much of the lad, is he a second rower for real? Afoa is a prop in my mind (although he's probably too small ATM), so we don't have many second rowers running around.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

He plays on the edge for the 20s, they had a crap year last year, so might not be best to judge him on that, but compared to predecessors like RFM, he didn’t look great. Might have been in NSW Cup as well.

And RFM hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire in first grade.

If you’re not dominant in the 20s, I can’t get too excited about these guys, like Sam Lisone might be a mediocre first grader, but he was carving up the junior grade.

I’m sure there are plenty who outgrow their junior reputation, but if you can’t boss around 19 year olds, realistically, how much use are ya going to be.

5. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

I guarantee Ogden has a better career than RFM.
    RFM was hardly a stand out in the 20's and just benefited from our lack of second row options in first grade.
    Ogden has all the potential, just needs to put it together. Has height, power, speed and an offload, just needs to work on defence and stamina.

• List
  6. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

No problem if he cannot defend or runs out of puff there will be other players on the field to cover for him. The Warriors always do.:rolleyes:
    The elephant in the room syndrome. European boys are slow developers and can be worth a punt though.

• List
  7. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Be good to see an Ogden running around in the NRL one day.

• List
  8. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

I'm just not looking forward to hearing The Mad Dog, Darryl H, butcher his name!!!!

9. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DIE FOR TONGA Contributor

Pretty pissed off the Warriors have let this kid go. Another that will shine in years to come and we will wonder WTF we didn't lock him up long term...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  10. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

Wow???? I've pushing for him to get a start in first grade(With my mates of course lol)
    That sucks shit!!!
    Him & Tof is who we needed to keep. Dam

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  11. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

Ogden and Tof are two of our most promising youngins. The club continues to be a joke on and off the field.
    If they don't make an impact in first grade in their first year out of the 20's, our front office doesn't want to know about them.
    Will both end up being big mistakes letting them go. Its not like we have juniors waiting to take up their development spots in ISP.

• List
  12. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

I'll be honest I thought he looked solid enough without setting the world on fire in ISP this year but if you consider he's only a year out from Holden Cup then looking solid should be good enough to keep persevering with him.

I'd be feeling a whole lot better about losing him and Tof if we had recruited quality replacements but all we seem to be doing at the moment is leaking forwards.

Rate this guy's younger brother btw.

• List
  13. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah the brother has first grade written all over him. Wouldn't be surprised if he followed Ofahiki across the ditch if he gets picked up by a club.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  14. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DIE FOR TONGA Contributor

Tof I understand. Club offered him a contract and decided to follow the dream elsewhere. Big loss but it is what it is.

Ofa on the other hand wasn't even offered a contract. Doggies will get the best out of him in time. Wish him all the best there...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  15. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Any reason why?

16. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

Maybe he popped an offload at some stage during the year.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  17. adalu239
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2013

adalu239 1st Grade Fringe

This decision is doing my fucking head in. Surely you over a 21 year old starting backrower in the team coming second a fucking contract? Nothing. Nada. This is ridiculous, Sio suia taukeiaho 2.0..

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  18. ejbrenu2
    Join:
    Aug 3, 2017

ejbrenu2 Warriors Bench Player

An offload that led to an attacking opportunity.

If it was an offload leading directly to an opposition try he would be offered $2.5 million over 4 years

19. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 1st Grade Fringe

I have been really impressed with Ogden in every ISP game ive seen this year. Thought him and Pauga were future warriors. Is the bloke the worst trainer in the world or what?? Seriously dissapointed. We don't have a right edge rower for next year, so why are we throwing up and comers away. So strange

20. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

We don't need more local juniors. We need guys from the Aussie system to balance our squad.

Then we can maybe start winning and NZ league will get a shot in the arm.

David Bahanna wasn't happy to be leaving, even condemned the club on his way out, and he's not setting the world on fire as an adult.

• List