General Discussion Panthers vs Warriors Gameday Chatter [Round 17, 2018]

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Warriors Hunt!

2. Warriors 12-

3. Warriors JANFIN Special by 6

4. DRAW

5. Panthers 12-

6. Panthers Prey!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Panthers vs Warriors Gameday Chatter [Round 17, 2018]

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Mason Lino and Sam Lisone have dropped off the extended bench for tonights game.

Normally i would grumble about the late hour of the game....however the Football World cup has put that into perspective making this seem a mere trifle.

If we win we are well on our way.

If we lose, it's a missed opportunity that we will really need to make up for.

I like the thinking that SJ and Green take on their lesser counter parts (will need some meters and space from those big backs) but still...even if we are losing the middle battle., those two need stamp their mark on the game.

Possibly looking at a narrow win with our spine being the difference.

3. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

I see Lawton has been named for the ISP team and Vuna hasn't, could see Beale miss out potentially?

4. Jack Bourke
    Join:
    Aug 21, 2017

Jack Bourke U20's Player

I think we roll em and roll em good... Would like to see a forward heavy bench to keep the middle keen.

5. janfin
    Join:
    May 13, 2012

janfin 1st Grade Fringe

We can do this :);):)

6. Lance155
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Lance155 Warriors Bench Player

I need the boys to deliver a big win to bring my Grand Final hopes back up...I almost bought a ticket a few weeks ago....

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Jack Bourke
    Join:
    Aug 21, 2017

Jack Bourke U20's Player

Home Semi too!!!

8. Akuma_81
    Join:
    Nov 6, 2012

Akuma_81 1st Grade Fringe

It must be a bluetiful moon tonight because this is our one and only Channel 9 game for the regular season! Precisely the reason why I was forced to get Foxtel years ago!

Last year in our only game Gus and Joey were basically laughing at how bad we were, which was probably warranted then!

Hoping for a very strong performance tonight, but would just be happy to get the 2 points. With the solid gap between the top 8 and bottom 8, a couple more wins would probably solidify our spot in the 8. However for a top 4 finish we'll need to keep winning, and particularly win games like this one against genuine contenders.

9. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

last night one of the commentators said something like, the quality of your forwards decides if you win the game, the quality of your backs decides by how much. He then picked the storm, who went on to win.

My worry is that we lost our best with Harris's injury, but im happy because we get Blair back, but im sad because we lost Bunty, but thats ok because according to SJ, Simon will solve our problems. so Door meet Face, Face - Door.

Or to put it another way, im now totally onboard with all the people who say our stars cant fire unless our forwards front up. This wont be a banana skin, but it may not be pretty either.

10. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

Be nice to put a heap of points on them tonight. Could turn our points differential around and wreak our nearest competitors. That could be handy in the long run.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  11. Rick O'Shay
    Join:
    May 1, 2013

Rick O'Shay 1st Grade Fringe

might see the first half but a whole game at that time of night is a bridge too far. along with that, our track record for late games isn't that flash but hoping that breaking the Perth hoodoo has put paid to that.

We should be stronger than them overall and as long as we get some go forward SJ and co should carve them a new one. I'm really hoping we lift our PD in this game but being a conservative pensioner, had to go with the Janfin special again. Warriors by 6(0)

12. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

C’mon boys making the almost road trip drive out to this one- it’s a shitty shitty drive home if we lose

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Lance155
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

I live in Cairns so realistically the only game I will be going to will be the big dance. I do however do the 8 hour round trip to Townsville when they play. Unfortunately I was overseas this year when they finally won...so I have only ever done the trip for a loss haha.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Lance155
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

I actually won't be happy with a small win. We have enough in us (plus their weakend team) to put them to the sword. If we don't win 13 + I will continue to be worried about our season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. BiggerD
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

BiggerD 1st Grade Fringe

Are yes, the dulcet tones of Gus Gould.. :rolleyes:
    And because he used to be associated with the Penrith Panthers , he will probably more anti-Warriors tonight.

Well lets hope the Warriors win by a decent margin.
    I only hope, they do not get tired in the latter stages of the game as effectively they start at 10pm NZ time & finish at 11.45pm NZ time

16. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

Storm/Dragons last night both look to have way more potential for points than us at this stage. With their full squads that could be an epic GF. I can't even remember the last time we put 50 on anyone, the Raiders a few yrs ago?

17. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

ok we beat the Knights 50-14 in '16, but that ain't saying much.

Why can't we edit our comments when we say something stupid now?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Akuma_81
    Join:
    Nov 6, 2012

Actually I just realised Gus probably won't be commentating tonight as it would most likely be a conflict of interest! I don't think he's called any other Panthers games for Nine this year?
    Joey used to love us but based on his reaction on the Footy Show earlier this year that clearly is no longer the case!

19. Akuma_81
    Join:
    Nov 6, 2012

Also I still can't get out of my head what happened to us at Penrith last year!
    Absolutely the reason why I get nervous whenever we skip out to a big lead early!
    There's no way you should get beaten after leading 28-6 at halftime...........unless you're the Warriors of old!

20. Waiting For Premiership
    Join:
    Jun 11, 2012

Waiting For Premiership 1st Grade Fringe

Which means Mt Smart....but we always play shit and lose at home !!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.