Player Discussion Peta Hiku

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by WarriorBall, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

So he can be part of the toughest preseason ever!!!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List

2. WarriorFaither
    Join:
    Jul 8, 2016

WarriorFaither U20's Player

If Hiku puts in the hard yards he'll be a valuable addition to the team. Let's hope we get the Hiku we all know can play and not the lazier version.

I would assume he is on the cheap, I am stoked to see we seem to be spreading the coin a little more evenly throughout the squad instead of blowing huge chunks on a select few. It gives the squad a more rounded edge, creates competition for positions and keeps players on their toes knowing if they drop off in form they've got a bloke chomping at the bit to take their position.

Having capable players roughly on the same market value means when injuries hit we don't seem to lose an abundance of talent when someone comes into the team.

I'm liking this, smarter signings in the player department, smarter use of money and a very smart signing in the support staff department.

Oh god. It's not even been a week since our season finished and I'm already being sucked in by the club and have my hopes lifted for 2018. We'll, that's certainly a new record I think.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 13
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

I'd have thought it would be him or Beale? Will be interesting to see what the backline looks like.... unless he gets stuck into the pies and plays prop?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

The bro Play The Ball on twitter said we had Blair and another signing which were done deals but yet to be officially announced.

This could be the other signing - not mad either, yes he's had a form drop at Penrith the last few years but has looked pretty good for Warrington.

Change of scene and coming home might help him discover some form - only 24 as well Damm....

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  5. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

I know we need another prop, probably two.... but I think we were so far under the cap a cheap pick up of Hiku will not affect our ability to nab one. As always the issue will be finding someone who wants to come rather than finding the money

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  6. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

Not a shocking signing, he's just one of those type of players that every club needs several of...players who aren't going to win you many games, but importantly they wont lose you many either.

Every position cant be filled with superstars, but the stars you do have need to be surrounded by players who wont fuck shit up.

• List
  7. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

and without them we have nothing to celebrate:(

• List
  8. Leaguegod
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2015

Leaguegod 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Finally S Kearney has read my posts and letters, I ear marked Hiku as one to sign instead of wasting his potential in SL, I am for the first time happy to hear Hiku is coming to the Warriors, good work Warriors consign Ayshford to the scrapheap, shit I'm on board!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List

9. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

By how much percentage? .001? It looks shit to me. Corvo is a mean acquisition.

Fatty Hiku , Slow Beale (I like him tho) , Cant tackle or make yards Blair.....

At least turtle Ayshford has heart. Kata has....Well, Big legs(That's all i could think of)

Matulino is 10 times as good as Blair. Even in his 'i don't give a fuck' mind set.

Sick of settling for, He will do....Nah! Fuck that!

Seems to be no strategy. Just pick who hasn't been picked and see what happens.

I'd rather have another sub par year, And use who we have. And wait for some quality to become available.

Doyle should go raid Fiji's endless production line of Big, Fast humans.
    Nz rugby has a endless supply of talent. Wouldn't mind stealing the Ioane Bros. One of the Barrett boys. Waisake Naholo.....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

just watched some Warrington highlights and Hiku doesn't look noticably bad at all.

In fact he scored some good tries and set his winger up really nicely

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  11. The Cheap Seats
    Join:
    May 18, 2015

The Cheap Seats 1st Grade Fringe

It might be, it might not be. It could be something else.

Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane?
    No, it's a nonsense claim by Budge.

12. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

I didn't see much of him in the 20s but I was fan of him when he was playing for Manly and making the Kiwis during that time. Ok that Manly side at that time was full of experience so as a young guy coming in on the wing or filling in for their star fullback he would of had a ton of guys communicating with him making his job easier. But in saying all that he looked like he belonged and his development would of been sped up a lot being at Many compared to if he stayed here.

At Penrith he had a season out with injury. He would also have been a victim of their salary cap as Gould has been going crazy buying players. Now their youngsters are coming through its starting to bite.

Hiku would also be a decent backup for RTS at fullback. I used to like him there for the Kiwis, used to come back direct and had a good step coming back, looked light on his feet.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

I like it. Seen him play some amazing games at Manky but agree that his last couple seasons have been duds. But like a poster earlier noted he did have some injuries.
    Was surprised to hear he's still only 24, seems like he's been around for ages. Pretty sure his best footy is ahead of him.
    Good signing.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  14. Dunedin warrior
    Join:
    Nov 10, 2014

Dunedin warrior 1st Grade Fringe

It's not a bad signing, could even be a good one if his absolutely atrocious form at the panthers was down to his knee injury. Still young and plays a lot of positions. Won't have broken the bank either.

Still any backline with Ayshford, Hiku and Beale is going to be exceptionally boring. I'm struggling to see where our points are coming from next year.

• List
  15. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

Laurie Daly is a superstar in ESL. Dont let ESL hype get to you...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  16. koolkat
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

koolkat Get rid of the rot Contributor

Kenny to the forwards things looking a little brighter than last week

17. The Truth
    Join:
    Jun 17, 2013

The Truth 1st Grade Fringe

Hopefully it won't be from barge overs from dummy half.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  18. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

2nd Tier ESL player who couldn't get an NRL contract anywhere else. meh.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  19. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

If we have a forward pack, which we don't at present, the points are there all right.

20. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I'll always remember Hiku and SKD playing centers for the Kiwis, and completely destroying the Kangroos attacking plays during our three game golden run... That game was a defensive master class.

Kearney is stacking the team with defenders so that SJ and Sheck, don't have to create as many points for victory.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List