Player Discussion Peta Hiku

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by 1995Warriorsfan, Sep 9, 2017.

1. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

If we have a forward pack, which we don't at present, the points are there all right.

2. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I'll always remember Hiku and SKD playing centers for the Kiwis, and completely destroying the Kangroos attacking plays during our three game golden run... That game was a defensive master class.

Kearney is stacking the team with defenders so that SJ and Sheck, don't have to create as many points for victory.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  3. davewjnz
    Join:
    Mar 10, 2013

davewjnz 1st Grade Fringe

I like it..

If the Warriors can get Hiku back to his best an awesome buy.
    Also a good back up for fullback and 5/8

Still feel we need an experienced 5/8

1. RTS, Hiku
    2. CK, Fusitua
    3. Fusitua, Beale
    4. Beale, Hiku
    5. Maumalo, CK
    6. Hiku, Hingano
    7. SJ, Hingano

NB: 2018 to be the year of David Fusitua

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  4. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE Contributor

Who was the last recruit this club ever did that to? Seems we do the exact opposite to players. Career killer team...

• List
  5. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

Hiku has skill and talent we know that, the last few seasons were injury and head related, happens to a lot of players. Back at home in a new club, injury free leading into the pre season, no spots guaranteed.. Cream rises to the top, I'm expecting Hiku to do just that TBH.

Also, if Beale and Hiku are seen as our centres, Ayshford was our last Aussie in the starting 17.. I just don't know what they'll do with Kata. I don't think he can be a winger, would get bombed all day, and his D would give me nightmares. Big Ken surely into the second row off the bench. He showed some spark this year, him running in the second row could change our attack. Then again, his D would be suss!!

6. cro.warrior
    Join:
    Jul 14, 2013

cro.warrior 1st Grade Fringe

I would play Kata as prop, just give him ball and run hard boy!! He can't pass any way, but can run hard.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  7. ejbrenu2
    Join:
    Aug 3, 2017

ejbrenu2 Warriors Bench Player

I look forward to Tohu Harris's pre season interview as he roles out the customary 'there is nothing wrong with the culture here' and 'this is the toughest preseason I have ever had'. Hopefully he will read the statement written for him with more commitment than Hoffman did

• List
  8. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

Fair comment but at least Hiku has looked good at NRL and International level...and can defend ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List

9. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

I must say, fuck I wish we would sign a decent forward but Hiku is a good signing, he hasn't been as bad as some are making out after coming back from injury and his defence is light years ahead of our current centres.

I fucking cant stand Kearney but I think he has fixed our shit backline defence issues and I think Hiku and Beale can condistently give more in offence than the current centres.

Kearney still hasn't done anything about the middle, Blair and Pulu don't fix that and your fucking retarded to even suggest moving Manners from the area giving us our biggest problems.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  10. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Looks like we didn't pay overs....finally!

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 17
    • List
  11. Goosestep
    Join:
    Jan 22, 2013

Goosestep U20's Player

Wade Mckinnon? For a season or two anyway...

• List
  12. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Warrington Wolves can confirm that center Peta Hiku will leave the Club at the end of the 2017 season.

Hiku has impressed in his short time at the Wolves earning himself a man of the match award at today’s game and helping to secure the clubs Super League status for 2018.

Peta confirmed in the post game press conference that he has taken the decision to return back to the NRL for family reasons.

Hiku said ‘I tried to convince my partner to come over however she is not ready to make the move with our son away from our extended family, I also have a daughter in New Zealand. I have really enjoyed my time here, the fans, the Club, everyone has been more than supportive, this is a great club that I would love to return to in the future’

Club CEO Karl Fitzpatrick said ‘We are disappointed that Peta has come to this decision, however we fully respect him wanting to return home to be with his family. Since his arrival his performance on the pitch has helped us to secure Super League status in 2018. Maybe one day in the future we may see him pull on the Primrose and Blue again. I know he will continue to give his all for the Club in the remaining two games’.

• List
  13. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Bring him home- bring them all home.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  14. kiwi's 13-6
    Join:
    Nov 3, 2013

kiwi's 13-6 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah Kata to play prop in under 15's the right grade for his size, passing & tackling ability

I think Hiku's recruitment in centres is a step in the right direction for next year...

• List
  15. davewjnz
    Join:
    Mar 10, 2013

davewjnz 1st Grade Fringe

Well I base that on that alot of shits been identified by the Warriors one area in particular being their fitness. An area pointed out by the new CEO who claims he will lay down a harder stance in making sure players put in the hard work.
    Also I doubt Hiku had ever been happy since leaving Manly so hoping a return to the Warriors sees him in a better frame of mind

Mate, the seasons over and thank fuck it couldn't come fast enough but I for one see the positives in signing Hiku for 2018.
    I'm looking that the Warriors will point out all the negative shit to come out of 2017 and plan to change.
    Time will tell obviously but I'm riding on anything positive going into 2018 and for me Hiku is a positive.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • List
  16. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE Contributor

Peta Hiku of 2014 when we offered him a million dollars was a fine player. He's no where near that level now but we didn't break the bank for him so that's ok. Anyone thinking the Warriors can turn him back into that 2014 form on the balance of things must be on some good drugs. Warriors history and culture of late says otherwise.

In saying that they haven't done too bad a job on Blake Ayshford even though he does have his haters...

• List
  17. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Can totally understand him wanting to come home. Sounds like he is over there by himself and being away from kids would be tough, we heard that with Foran. At least this time it works for us. Hearing that statement the tweet from Dale Budge that we got him at a good rate would make sense.

• List
  18. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

His knee injury was only last year. I know RTS is going alright but he looks like he trained like a beast. Whare who also did his knee last I haven't seen to much of but he looks like he back and fit but still getting to where he was before the injury. It used to be said that it takes typically 18 months to come back with knee ops. Hiku did his last year then came back with another injury to start 2017. He may just be taking a bit longer to get back from the injuries along with confidence; just playing a bit of devils advocate.

I know our record is pretty poor with bringing guys in and they seem to go down hill. But we have also had a few lower profile guys come here on their last chance and go well. Lets hope he comes here with a point to prove and he should also have a full pre-season so time for Corvo to do his thing.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  19. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Hell yes there's plenty of coke in Manurewa to go around..

• List
  20. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

I did wonder over the weekend why Warrington were prepared to just release him from his contract like they did, part of the answer is here:
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Looks like they are going to re-build under whoever the new coach is

• List