Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 21 - Warriors vs Panthers

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by NZWarriors.com, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Absolutely!

2. Yes

3. Theres time to go

4. No

5. Seasons gone so who cares!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NZWarriors.com
    Join:
    Dec 19, 2012

NZWarriors.com

Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 21 - Warriors vs Panthers

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

After the Round 20 game against the Canberra Raiders at GIO Stadium in Canberra do you want to see any changes for the Penrith Panthers at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland?

Promotions?
    Demotions?
    Any new injury concerns?
    Any returning players?
    Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

2. kbazi
    Join:
    Mar 18, 2014

kbazi Warriors Bench Player

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  3. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

4. warriors4sure
    Join:
    Feb 16, 2013

warriors4sure 1st Grade Fringe

What are the odds Jono Wright gets picked in place of Manu ..im half expecting it because of cappys bone headed selections the last few weeks.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  5. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  6. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

It is a good problem to have although I would go for Bunty over Gavet.

7. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

• List
  8. adalu239
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2013

adalu239 1st Grade Fringe

This team is outstanding! Powerful bench, versatile, capable of big minutes. Love the inclusion of Allwood for the injured Vatuvei, the way i see it is he'll pick Jono Wright, OR keep Fus at the back and put Tui on the wing to cover manus injury. I really think we've been missing Bodene out there with his Defensive intensity and the lines he hits. He's an integral part of our team, and IMO the player of the season thus far.

• List

9. The Truth
    Join:
    Jun 17, 2013

The Truth 1st Grade Fringe

10. Alexthewormking
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2016

Alexthewormking Warriors Bench Player

Assuming everyone is fit..

1. Lolohea
    2. Fusitu'a
    3. Ayshford
    4. Kata
    5. Vatuvei
    6. Leuluai
    7. Johnson
    8. Lillyman (50mins)
    9. Luke (65mins)
    10. Vete (35mins)
    11. Thompson (60mins)
    12. Hoffman
    13. Mannering

14. Tevaga (15mins)
    15. Lisone (30mins)
    16. Matulino (50mins)
    17. Gavet (15mins)

18. Afoa - unlucky, but has been playing big minutes for a rookie forward so probably due for a rest.

If a centre/winger gets injured, Mannering/Bodene can slide out to centre ... Ayshford/Kata to cover the wing.

Half gets injured then Tevaga 9, Luke to half.

I do understand the thought process in having Tui on the bench as utility cover, the problem is he's too good a player for that and we gain more by having him on the field 80mins.

• List
  11. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Freddie Futler 1st Grade Fringe

The NRL is very hard on Props and I believe he should be rested, blood him in slowly.

Has been a revelation for us but still only 19, don't burn him out take the lessons of Vete and Lisone onboard.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  12. unclesteve
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

unclesteve 1st Grade Fringe

I stopped along time ago listing the team I think should happen as Cappys selections have sucked out my will to live.
    But for the must win game of all must win games, surely we have to do something different. The team is putting the effort in and not getting the results so something has to give...
    I think all this talk of what to do with Tui has been answered after the Raiders game, he just needs to be in there. When he came on, the game changed noticeably, every time he was involved something tended to happen. So Tui comes in either at the back and Fusi goes to the wing, or in the centres and Asyhford drops out..
    I would even be tempted to do something completely different and run Bodene in the centres against some of the Panthers big bodies on the edges...Yeo/Fisher-Harris. This would also allow Afoa to retain his place who would be very unlucky to miss out after 2 very good performances...
    Anyway Cappy will do what Cappy does...and I have have just wasted 2 minutes of my life.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  13. Jwoodzy02
    Join:
    Nov 14, 2015

Jwoodzy02 Warriors Bench Player

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

15. kbazi
    Join:
    Mar 18, 2014

I'm a huge Manu fan (as a whole) however if we want to be serious about finals footy and growth, I think it's time for him to go. Defensive lines know how to contain him now and those consistent 2+ errors he makes in the games are really putting us on the back foot.

Maumalo was very well contained too, started running sideways. The play where he could have caught the ball on the full on the 20 and run to the 40 at least, he let bounce, and roll out - that was so frustrating to watch. It indicates lack of confidence. Both those big men are low in confidence, and I don't want to be watching figuring out when they'll get it back.

We need a 3 forward bench + Tevaga.

• List
  16. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Not sure if Maumalo is injured but noticed everybody's leaving him out. However, here is my wishlist;

1. Lolo
    2. Fus
    3. Bodene Bodene Bodene Bodene
    4. Greedy
    5. CNK
    6. Loo loo eyes
    7. SJ
    8. Lillyman
    9. Bully
    10. Gavet
    11. Muttz
    12. Hoffinator
    13. Mannering

14. Buntanator
    15. Vete
    16. Maumalo
    17. Left foot drop kicking prop

18th man - Jazz

* Giving Ayshford a week off to freshen up after playing every game so far according to my guestimation.

If any of our backline get sore sore then Maumalo goes to wing and Lolo and Fus cover the injuries. Fus cover Lolo and centres. Lolo covers the halves and Bully. Bodene plays centre for a week to replace Aysh. Muttz takes Bodenes spot. Buntage from the bench.

No ppls champ required.

17. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Freddie Futler 1st Grade Fringe

Pretty much the team I would go with but maybe switch Fus and LoLo.
    Trouble is that all the other teams have worked out that with no go forward we have resorted to the quick spin out the backline and have adapted their tactics to shut down both Ashford and Kata so maybe the Bunty/Bodene tactic of running off SJ shoulder should be used as a variation.
    Used to work well on the left with Hoffman when we had Pomkins but LooLoo can't get that tactic right.
    Until we get a few decent size props Cappy will have to tinker.

18. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Think this should be pretty straightforward.

Thompson replaces either Vatuvei or Maumalo depending on the beasts fitness.

Lolohea to fullback, Fusitua is probably better overall at 1, but he’s also the top winger, got no confidence big Ken would’ve finished that chance in the 79th minute, just doesn’t seem to have the confidence or the instincts. He’s been trying hard, but cracks are showing.

4 points from the winger squeezing in a chance is just as valuable as whatever extra running metres you might get from a big back 3.

Vete if fit replaces Tevaga, TL senior covers 9. Afoa can offer something as a 2nd rower off the bench in either case.

I thought Charnze (what a name, and what a rats tail) was very impressive in the curtain raiser, could hardly have done more, but its hardly cappys style to change players now its MUST WIN OR I’M FIRED time. Maybe slot him on the wing if Vatuvei is out. Don't think he's robust enough to play centre, look at skinny Ayshford being brushed by Tjorbozngeovich and Papalii, it'd be a tough gig to chuck him in there.

19. kbazi
    Join:
    Mar 18, 2014

Can't hold Kata on the wing. Using this week as an example, do you see him outjumping Mansour or DWZ on last play? They'll nail him all day like Nene was to Lolohea last Titans game.

20. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

nah the stats i saw had him at plus 60m for the whole game, 22 i think tackles. I totally agree with you re resting him, in NSW Cup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.