Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2017 Rnd 23 - Warriors vs Raiders

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

Yea but the bastards will go through the wrong door and end up on the field.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

2. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

4. Dave Brough
    Join:
    Jan 24, 2014

Dave Brough Warriors Bench Player

Has Kearney got the balls to drop players who he says are not trying?
    Going by his selections all season,he keeps on wanting to give them another chance
    It's all very well saying who would you bring in. For me give me a reserve grader who wants to have a go,ahead of the star who doesn't try.
    What the fuck did Satae get dropped for after his 10 minutes against the Cowboys. I thought he went well.no mistakes 49 meters and I thiNK
    8 tackles. Kearneys policy seems to be ,to give his 17th man somewhere between none and 10 minutes,so we know he can handle it. Ive got nothing against Bell ,he's a goer but, he is a bit of a lightweight.
    My prediction for this week, Stuff all changes and the same result.
    You can read Kearney like a book.For us it's like a horror story

5. bringmethehorizon
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

bringmethehorizon 1st Grade Fringe

1. Lolohea
    2. Feki
    3. Hurrell
    4. Hiku
    5. M Watene Zelezniak
    6. Maloney
    7. Townsend
    8. Ah Mau
    9. Godinet
    10. Packer
    11. Taukeiaho
    12. Bukuya
    13. Taylor

14. Brown
    15. Matagi
    16. Paasi
    17. Faitala Mariner

Would beat the current team :(

• List
  6. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

What he means by not trying isn't what we want it to mean. He means not putting in the effort as far as he can see.

What we want it to means is: players who aren't cutting the mustard getting punted.

But some of these players who aren't cutting the mustard are busting their butts to achieve their current level of averageness, as far as Kearney can tell from his viewpoint as coach/bro.

So technically they are trying and will get another shot at showing us how little they deserve to be playing first grade.

The problem is winning is the only thing that breeds enthusiasm in the playing squad and in the fan base... You have to put winning first and foremost if you want a team on the rise. He needs to be cutting players who aren't helping us win consistently (that's the key word). He needs to be cutting the imposters who shouldn't be anywhere near a first grade footy team.

Boulevard of broken dreams stuff I know. It's a real tearjerker hearing about players who have to come back down to the real world with the rest of us.

Fucken Imposter Cunts...:mad:

OK back to my happy place.:)

7. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Voss's opinion
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Rugby league commentator Andrew Voss says the Warriors have hit rock bottom but good news for fans of the Auckland club, he doesn't consider them the worst side to watch in the NRL.

Talking to the Radio Sport Breakfast, the Fox Sports commentator said there was very little to take out of the Warriors' fifth straight loss in the weekend where they were handed a 26-10 defeat by the last-placed Knights.

"I think the bottom of the barrel has been reached over the course of the last two matches," Voss said.

"There was so little to like about the game against the Knights to be honest. The fact that there is still four matches to go, the only thing I can say in relation to the Warriors on a positive note, and it's a tremendous negative, is that the Bulldogs and Titans are possibly worse."
    "The Bulldogs are the most frustrating side in the competition to watch right at the moment. I wouldn't mind if I didn't see them play again this year and the Titans...dead set threw in the towel against Brisbane. They stopped trying."

"I don't know if the Warriors can take anything out of that other than saying 'look there is a probably couple of clubs worse than us'. You've still got to see something in the next four weeks don't you if you're a Warriors fan? You have to see something in the next month."

The Warriors, currently in 12th spot on 18 points, host the 10th placed Raiders on Sunday. The Raiders comfortably won their round seven match-up in Canberra. The Warriors then end the season with clashes against the Rabbitohs (away), Sea Eagles (home) and Tigers (away).

Voss told the Radio Sport Breakfast that despite being out of the finals, the final four matches have a lot riding on them for the Warriors in terms of gaining fan interest heading into the 2018 season.

"The Warriors, they had a top eight roster this year. They should be making the top eight and sadly they're going to come nowhere near it," Voss added.

"In Jim Doyle running the club, they maybe have the best operator in the competition...he's now got to make a really really tough call. If this clubs in the next four weeks shows nothing, then you can't stay with what you've got and go back into the marketplace."

I will take rock bottom, because that means this is as bad as it gets, but I think that is optimistic.

8. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

9. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Don't get your hopes up.
    HE'LL DO FOOKING NUTTIN

10. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

We should show a little patience and show faith in the same 17 this week Stephen. I can see the progress the players are making week to week...

Afterall its working out so well so far this season. Right?

#StuckOnReverse

11. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 1st Grade Fringe

Even though we've won 7 or so. The only games i've liked this year was those raiders/storm games back to back. Even though they lost both, they were really in the arm wrestle and carrying out the "process". If could have seen more of that this year would have been happy.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  12. Tedster
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2014

Tedster 1st Grade Fringe

Unfrigginbelievable - why the hell did i even bother reading the list should of known he has no testicles - so dumb arse Kearney comes out and says about consequences for guys not putting effort in and this? Should be what the hell does a guy need to do to actually get dropped from this team?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  13. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Jazz Tevaga is literally the only omission.

Fucking neck yourself Kearney.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

he put luke on the bench. where was your faith?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.