Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 2 - Warriors vs Titans

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Yeah look what happened when a Center was binned yesterday.....the opposition didn't always need to out flank us....they could run straight between what was left of the left edge because with no Kata goes the communication links....we got caught ball watching like dead mutes.

2. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Santo could be a handy utility.

3. The Truth
    Join:
    Jun 17, 2013

The Truth 1st Grade Fringe

What if Luke goes down in the first 5 minutes and we only have 1 hooker on the bench. That means either Lawton or cook will have to play 75 mins. That’s crazy. Let’s have 2 hookers on the bench.... ha ha.

4. shuffle
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

shuffle 1st Grade Fringe

Tohu Harris plays anywhere.. or everyone’s favourite Kata..

5. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

If there are any changes they will be minimal.

The main consideration would be if they want to bring Paasi in. Or continue with Cook.

Cooks selection seemed like a reward for work in the pre-season and doing well in the trials. Selecting him again would help his development. A game at home would be an ideal time to give him more minutes. It's a long season so there is a good chance Luke will get suspended or injured at some point. Getting Cook some game time now could help us out long term if we need to call him up later in the season.

Otherwise do they look at Lawton instead?

The thing with the backup dummy half is Kearney usually leave Luke on until the game is decided. That happened a lot last year and the reserve would only see 5-10 minutes. Last year was also hampered by injuries and Roache was often shunted to the wing.

6. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Karl sorry
    I think deserving a spot is rubbish its what's best for the team that matters.An I'm hoping when we got everyone back on line SK uses a horse's for courses approach
    Karl for mine offers more .
    Just as some games Ken should be our winger an other
    Games we could try a different option .Crusaders don't use all their guns all the time .an they are masters at
    Bringing in talent an having it slot straight in..

7. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

Guys we are always going to have a 3 forward bench with a utility, because we always run a backrow with 2 80min backrowers. 2 props, 1edge/mid and a utility. Without injuries our 8 subs breakdown goes 4 prop, 2 backrow, with the 2 spare for the last 10mins like most teams do. Lawton will come in for mine when up to speed, due to being a genuine utility. The team won't change for the titans unless Lawton comes in, or Mannering is fit(prob rest him again anyway as Papa was outstanding.

8. mtsmart
    Join:
    Jul 19, 2013

mtsmart 1st Grade Fringe

TBH put Simon on the bench and ease him into the game. No need to make drastic changes to the team at this stage, reward the players who played in the win.

9. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

No changes for me, anyone coming back from suspension or injury works their way back in through ISP. Nobody in the team that played the rabbits deserves to be dropped.

10. TripleL
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2016

TripleL 1st Grade Fringe

Amen

11. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Even though he scored a try I would swap Kata.

His defensive reads are my concern. Seeing an old fulla like Blake Green defending Kata's man will be a problem against stronger teams.

And we have a depth at centre. So maybe train Kata as a hooker so he can be a utilityo_Oo_Oo_O

12. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

For Gods sake don't let that Genie out again. From the sounds of it Paasi is still wrapped up, 1st grade isn't the place to recover from injury. Same as Beale. There is no rush.

For me no one played themselves out of the team. Kata and Maumalo both did some good things, and both played their arses off.

It is the same team for me, although I can see Lawton supplanting Cook, and Mannering will be fitted in somewhere down the track.

Forget who they are playing, it is about our guys maintaining their standards, for that is what they did yesterday, set the bar. They can't dip below it and must look to raise it. There are plenty of areas to do that. The inconsistency of performance has to change to be successful over a season.

13. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

I'd still pull the trigger. But thanks for sharing your insight.

14. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

So this is now a top eight clash....good shit.

3 versus 6

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. Snoopy
    Join:
    Aug 19, 2017

Snoopy 1st Grade Fringe

Lawton in for Cook is the only possible change for r2 but I don’t think SK will make any changes yet

16. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

No changes. Kept to the same side when we lost 9 straight. Why change a winning side ?There will be tweaking but not against Titans. Cook deserves another run. Vete will play reserves first up. Other suspects will get there opportunity, it's a long season.

17. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

I would keep the same team. Reward effort and performance.

Only likely change if I had to make one would be Cook. Just looks a little out of place and underdone for me.

18. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

Kata and Green were both jamming in all day, it had to be a coach's directive to try and stop the ball going to Inglis. Same with Hiku and Gagai on the other side - so don't think we'll see him dropped for following instructions. In the Titan's trial don't recall him jamming much and he sat on Hurrell while he was out there and kept him contained, so we'll hopefully see a repeat of that.

I think Cook is this year's Papali'i, rewarded for a strong pre-season with a spot in round 1, but will be dropped back to ISP to develop even after a win. Lawton will get the nod against his old team.

19. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Vancent 1st Grade Fringe

Lawton in for Cook, his dressing summation of it all being another level up was both accurate and telling.

I’d expect Lawton to perform well above average given an early chance in 14, and players usually lift a level or two against their former teams.

I know Konnie will.

20. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

When Beale returns Hiku could be our 14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.