Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 2 - Warriors vs Titans

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

I don't believe Luke went off for an HIA but actually a poke in the eye..

2. Makasene
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Makasene 1st Grade Fringe

That's a good one.

I'd rather him and Fus continue to build what could be a lethal combination

3. Raw Power
    Join:
    Aug 30, 2016

Raw Power 1st Grade Fringe

Probably keep the same side... Mannering is not due back until round 3, and maybe too early for Lawton... but would not be disappointed if he plays.

Please don't think this game is ours to lose. The Titans played well yesterday , stayed in the game for the full 80. They are a very dangerous side and will improve with every week playing together.

4. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

I’d have Paasi in my 17 over Lisone but Sam played well so can’t see that happening.
    So for mine keep the same team except Lawton for Cook.
    Nothing against Cook but I reckon Lawton will add another level of skill and toughness when he’s needed.

5. Panther
    Join:
    Aug 13, 2016

Panther Warriors Bench Player

The titans have a strong roster with alot of X factor players. I remember Elgey having a huge game against the Warriors a few years back. Nothing like playing your old club, give Lawton and Paasi a sniff in the extended squad and whoever performs in training this week takes the spots.

6. natedogg
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2012

natedogg NSW Cup Player

Didnt Kata leak 2 trys with absolutely atrocious defensive reads ? He is a massive liability in defence. I would have Hiku over Kata any day when Beale is fit.

7. bumpy
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2018

bumpy Waterboy

Very true. Do you think Kearney will lock in Isaiah Papali'i for 80mins in the back row every week though?

8. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

It's only going to be for 3/4 weeks till Manners is back, so can't see why not. He'll have his hands full this week against Proctor thats for sure, Taylor was hitting Proc on the short ball all game yesterday.

9. bumpy
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2018

bumpy Waterboy

I'm talking even when manners is back, assuming manners goes to lock does papa keep the edge?

10. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

Im 90% sure they are running Mannering as a left edge backrower this year, im guessing to try and preserve him past this season. I think Sao/Pulu will keep the 13 jersey rotation and Papali'i will go back down to ISP.

11. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

If he keeps performing like he did on Saturday, it will be next to impossible to put Papali’i back down to ISP. He was so damn good.
    Will be very interesting to see what Kearney does when Mannerings back.

12. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Yep agreed, he has to be there based on his last game, if he drops away in performance that’s the time to put back to reserve grade for a bit imo.

How good was it watching Papali’i beat Crichton to snaffle the ball on the ground, two guys with strong rugby union backgrounds ... good bit of by-play that.

13. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

Manners walks straight back in... One of our only players that's earned that right.

One more game like that from Papali’i and he won't be going anywhere either.

Sao/Lisone to miss out.

14. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Agree, and I'd pick Lisone. Out of the two, Sao had the stronger game on Saturday....

15. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

One and be Cook for the new Ex Titan player, we need to keep as much momentum as possible and it would be replacing a novice with someone experienced...It only makes us stronger....

This is not a poor reflection of Cook, it just means currently we have a stronger player available.

i'm guessing barring injury, SK will make zero changes and name the same squad, unless he's into rotation.

16. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

17. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

All this competition for spots is amazing imo. It's a really good problem for Steve to have. Consistency from Papalii will be the thing , after his 3rd game he might start to tire.
    Mannering definitely gets first shot when he's fit.

18. Chchfanatic
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2017

Chchfanatic Warriors Bench Player

19. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

It was definitely a HIA as they used the red-cross interchange card - though they may have been being sneaky to get a free interchange since there was less than 15 minutes to go.

20. Ozwarrior
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2014

Ozwarrior Here we go again! Contributor

STOMACH BUG TEARS THROUGH WARRIORS

A stomach bug has thrown a spanner in the Warriors’ preparatory works ahead of this weekend’s NRL clash with Gold Coast. Fresh off a season-opening 32-20 win over South Sydney, a handful of Warriors - including Blake Green and Solomone Kata - have picked up a virus.

They’ll be monitored during the course of the week but are likely to face the Titans, who also won their first-up game against Canberra.

Elsewhere, stalwart Simon Mannering remains a week-to-week proposition after suffering a pre-season shoulder injury, while Gerard Beale is still recuperating from a broken leg sustained at the Rugby League World Cup. Mannering is highly unlikely to face the Titans.

Coach Stephen Kearney said he was mostly pleased by his troops’ display against the Bunnies in Perth, breaking a nine-match West Australian losing run.

Barring a penalty-laden start to the match and a late Rabbitohs surge, they dominated the contest and stuck to their game plan.

But they will still look for improvement against the Titans. “There was a sense of relief, I guess, but I think there was a sense of confidence - when I say it like that, I mean we went out with a pretty specific plan, so to see it unfold for them was very pleasing,” Kearney said.

“There were some good parts to it and some areas we need to improve on for this week, but overall there was some pretty good stuff there.”

The Warriors’ extended 21-man squad will be named later on Tuesday.

-AAP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.