Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 6 - Warriors vs Broncos

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 6 - Warriors vs Broncos

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    After the Round 5 game against the North Queensland Cowboys at Mt Smart Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 6 game against the Brisbane Broncos back at Mt Smart Stadium?

Promotions?
    Demotions?
    Any new injury concerns?
    Any returning players?
    Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Same team

I’m going to enjoy us smashing the broncos a week after the cows

It’s going to be so sweet to watch

3-0 against all the Qld teams

Whitewashed

3. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

Same team with Sao instead of Gelling. Blair's minutes need to be managed better, because those errors and penaltys were unnecessary.

4. Stone
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Stone 1st Grade Fringe

Mannering in at lock

Blair moves to prop

Paasi bench impact

I truly believe the Donks will be the the team we unleash on next weekend ... can't wait

5. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Waste of a spot having Gelling if he’s only going to have Luke 2 minutes, bring up Sao and leave the rest as is

6. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Gelling surely has to drop off the bench, even if just for his own form and fitness.

Assuming Gavet is still out, then Sao comes up I guess.

Would also start Simon at 13 and Blair heads back to prop. I feel Blair would also benefit from the breaks he’d get playing prop, though admittedly I’m not actually sure how many minutes he has been playing whilst at lock. Will have to watch the game again.

7. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

Bring in Papali'i!!!

8. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I'd move Blair to the edge, where he can get his offloads away. In the middle he's got too much heat on him and it's stifling his natural passing, offloading, hole running game.

Green, Blair, [Sheck], Kata, Ken. Then we'd see that left edge explode IMO.

And a little more leadership in defense out there is definitely a plus.

9. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

If Tevaga continues his form we may have to get use to Gelling/Beale on the bench as an insurance policy for head knocks and injuries this season.

With so many of our forwards capable of playing long minutes it's no surprise we went into the second half with 6 interchanges up our sleeve while the Cowboys had used up 4, I guess there's a choice to be made between stacking your bench with forwards some of whom may only get a few minutes and catering to other areas of the game that have been an issue for a lot of teams already this season .

I saw a game the other day, it might have been the Raiders game that had 3-4 players ruled out with concussion or injury.

Jazz is the reason we can carry a back on the bench, I think it's a large chunk of the value he brings to the side.

10. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Mannering to 13 and Blair back to prop seems obvious.
    The question is who holds onto the other starting prop role.
    Personally I'd go with passi's hard hitting defense to start and have buntys leg speed and drive come on against a tiring defence.

11. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

Bluey's round coming up.

I've got my pitch fork out in case we lose.;)

12. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

Kearney's pick 1-17. He's doing a great job so far.

On a side note, anyone catch Brown's presser following the Knights win over the Gronks?

Pre-game Bennet was questioned about his tenure at the Knights and he insisted that he didn't leave the Knights in a bad position and blamed Brown for the predicament they were in.

Then Brown came back with this gem in his post-game presser:

"If Wayne had thought with his big head and not his little head when he came into town I wouldn't have had to rebuilt the joint.":hilarious::hilarious:

I wonder if this will have an effect (for better or worse) on the Gronks performance next weekend against us. Only time will tell!

13. Snoopy
    Join:
    Aug 19, 2017

Snoopy 1st Grade Fringe

More of the same. Why change a winning combination. Only question is Gelling, he provides good cover for injuries but needs to play to maintain match fitness. Maybe Sao for Gelling.

14. t-wade23
    Join:
    Jun 7, 2012

t-wade23 1st Grade Fringe

Does anyone know the issue with Gavet? Is he injured? Would have him or Sao in over Gelling if healthy

15. Penpal
    Join:
    Mar 22, 2014

Penpal Warriors Bench Player

James Gavet | Hamstring | Round 8

16. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Want a laugh ?
    Go read the Broncos HQ thread for this game.

My favorite quote:

" Won't somebody think of the children?!!"

I'd very much like to see the Warriors not over think this one. Just go out there and play by the numbers.

The Tigers have been playing a very similar defensive based game to us, and they still lost to the Broncos. The Refs murdered them in that game. The Tigers did the rest by turning over possession and giving away penalties.

Those errors by the Tigers are pretty much our Achilles heel also, not playing with the ball in the oppositions red zone as often as we are capable of.

Have to admit to being a bit surprised that a team with Johnson and Green in it...don't spend more time cashing in on repeat sets from in goal kicks (both are well rated for that Kick).

I thought at the start of the season that a prerequisite of any Warrior win this year would need repeat sets ++ (I got a lot of things wrong this year).

The Broncos have beaten two sides that are pretty hard to beat, we know about that from having to fight hard for eighty minutes to put the Cows away, and any win over the early form Tigers is a good win.

They will not be push overs...they have lost two on the trot.

Bennett has a set template against us where they kick early and find touch (even his Knights side did it against us).

Our real strength in attack has been our back five, Bennetts ploy is a good one for preparing his troops to neuatralise the one two three pattern the Warriors run:

Ken or Fus do the first hit up, if they bend the line Kata jumps in as second runner, if not we run, big winger after big winger then Kata.

So imagining that this is taken away by Bennett and we are looking at a set play from the scrum: Someone will fill in for Harris in the Scrum as he plays old school 'inside center' off a Johnson ball to Hiku and Pita likely takes the tackle instead of risking an intercept passing to Fus.

That ability to use our right side and sweep down field because of Harris give the Warriors a big advantage.

This game is really straight forward. Don't underestimate them. Play the game plan and it's good night Broncos.

Resist the temptation for a Flashy Broncos glory win.....just play the numbers. in preparation for the Dragons.

17. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Did my usual snooping of opposition forums and can confirm broncos fans are shitting themselves thinking about playing us. A few very of them predict a close upset but most think it’ll be a massacre. How about the respect and fear the Warriors are putting into the opposition these days! Fucking beautiful. Even the Aussie media are showing some respect after last nights win.

18. xWarrior
    Join:
    Sep 27, 2012

xWarrior Warriors Bench Player

So far this is our best pack:

8.Gavet
    10.Blair
    11.Pulu
    12.Harris
    13.Simon

14.Tevaga
    15.Lisone
    16.Paasi
    17.Bunty

That's a massive bench. Felt like we were a bit light weight yesterday with Simon and Tevaga on at the same time .

19. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

Based on last years form this is what the comp was most likely to look like this season (according to the "experts")

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

We've just knocked over 1 and 2, and the Broncos are 6th.

Considering the Broncos are currently 11th, pick the same team again and we should do a little better than OK.

20. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

Our swarming defence in the last 2 weeks, has shutdown Cronk/Keary and Morgo/Thurst. If we get in the face of 2 ball running 5/8's Milf/Nikorima add in a busted up Boyd, then their is no reason why we can't get the chocolates. Their halves have been dissapointing this season, due to having no genuine 7 to drive the bus and this is where we tighten the screws to beat them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.