Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 7 - Warriors vs Dragons

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 7 - Warriors vs Dragons

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

After the Round 6 game against the Brisbane Broncos at Mt Smart Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 7 game against the St George-Illawarra Dragons back at Mt Smart Stadium?

Promotions?
    Demotions?
    Any new injury concerns?
    Any returning players?
    Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

2. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

CNK for an injured Kata (assuming he wont play)

3. SPJ
    Join:
    Aug 20, 2017

SPJ U20's Player

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  4. jonesy101
    Join:
    Aug 28, 2016

jonesy101 1st Grade Fringe

5. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

6. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Please just no Gelling! Dude is garbage! I waited years for Ropo to retire and now I have to put up with this fool! Urgh.

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • List
  7. 95 'til infinity
    Join:
    Jul 29, 2013

95 'til infinity 1st Grade Fringe

Hey!!aint no party like a JRo party remember?!!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  8. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Oh trust me.......I remember!!

9. Super Freak
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

Super Freak Brisbane Broncos Bench Player

Personally, I would move Fusitu'a to centre until Beale is fit.

He has to be a better option than Ayshford and Warriors have some good wingers to take his place for the time being.

10. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

I actually dig this idea. Move Fus to Centre, play CNK or Soosemea outside him. Both are more than capable of playing the winger role. Soosemea is leading try scorer in ISP I believe. Reward the young man with a call up.

Ayshford is solid and does his job but he's still recovering from a back injury I believe. Haven't heard too much about him.

11. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

The Fusitua to centre idea has merit, the obvious downside being you then have a disrupted right and left edge once you move Fus to the other side of the field.

I’m sure Gelling will get a start and given his lack of game time in either first grade or ISP will mean he will look very rusty, as he did tonight.

12. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

Why not replace a centre with a centre and leave the comps top tryscorer exactly where he has scored those tries?

Fusitua is a winger.

• Like Like x 18
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

14. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Am I the only one who thinks Paasi is not a starter? He’s the perfect of the bench impact player. Tevaga has to do more than just stat pad tackles to hold his place. Bunty and Mannering have to come into starting lineup to shore up our defence. Please no more Gelling.

15. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

I am resigned to Gelling getting the nod at centre.

The aggressive move is to bring back Beale a week early with Gelling again as cover on the bench in case Gerard (or Roger break down). Even I wouldn't do that though as you kind of are gambling with Gerard's long term career. Too many players get reinjured after coming back to soon.
    He has always been on track for round 8, despite the odd contradictory report, let him stay that way even if it costs us another loss.

Lawton looked a million dollars after brushing off a few cobwebs. I think he will be considered sooner rather than later. Will probably get Gelling's spot once we get over our injury concerns in the backs.

16. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Need impact of the Bench so Gelling needs to go.
    Also need to go back to what was working for us with players like Lisone being impact players and not starters.
    Mannering to start..at 13
    Tevaga swapped for Lawton Tevaga just overplays his hand and gets in the way at times.
    Papali’i in for injuries
    Beale in at centrefor Kata if injured or Hiku if he’s not, leave Fus where he is he ain’t a centre he’s our leading try scorer - on the wing

17. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

Tevaga also gave away a dumb penalty. He was always going to be a player that needed coaching on how to stay out of the way on offence but he doesn't seem to be getting any feedback.

18. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Ayshford is a bit special for some of us last year where ever we put him
    It seemed to work better.
    While not an excitement machine he is competent
    An communicates well .

19. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

Just re-reading some of the posts above. I think Mannering has had two games off the bench and that is enough to ease him back in. Where-ever he plays next week e.g. 11 or 13 he needs to start and ideally go 80 minutes.
    If that fucks over Papali'i then so be it.
    I personally don't think we will see Mannering again in the number 13 jersey. Most decision makers are slow to make their mind up, and even slower to change their mind. We will need to see some more losses to make Blair return to 10 and Mannering to 13. Plus I also figure this has been player initiated. Blair probably asked to go 13 and Mannering wanted 11.

20. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

I thought Lawton looked pretty good in the ISP game today. My issue with bringing him in is that I’m not sure how he’d be used. If he’s just going to come on at lock like Tevaga seems to, then I don’t think he will add anything Tevaga doesn’t provide.

The glaring issue with having either of them there is that you have a bench hooker playing large minutes but not actually playing hooker. Simon is back now, he should be playing those minutes up the middle. He will make plenty of tackles and will put his hand up for carries.

The way Kearney uses the bench is going to be important this season. We don’t have 2 or 3 forwards that are going run 150+ metres each. Our forward pack is going to be one that relies on a collective effort, which means the use of the bench has to be smart. So far, I feel he’s missed a beat carrying Gelling like this, and the use of Tevaga hasn’t really made a lot of sense.

People are not questioning these sort of things much at present but if we lose against the Dragons and then Melbourne, both fairly conceivable results - then the scrutiny will come back on these sort of selections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.