Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 7 - Warriors vs Dragons

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

Vete must have shagged SK's sister or been back on the red bull & tramadol. He was named to play in the first trial one minute and then the next he was dropped from all trials with no mention of why and then Satae seems to have jumped ahead of him the pecking order.

2. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

Im not sure what it would be.....
    His defence in the trials was appalling, his passing in the game on Saturday was well below standard, making errors as well. Not the kind of impact off the bench you want and I dont want it for a whole game either.

3. Sammyw11
    Join:
    Mar 8, 2016

Sammyw11 Warriors Bench Player

judging a player off seriously limited minutes really bothers me, especially when players like Ayshford, Maumalo (last season), Lillyman, Hoffman etc got so much game time will being completely shit for so long

4. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

I don't want to rule out Gelling altogether, but by god did he look out of place on the weekend. That left to right pass is the stuff of nightmares for anyone watching it, and for anyone on the receiving end of it. I know he's only played limited minutes and maybe he needs a stint in reserve grade to dust off the cobwebs and find his feet. I'll trust in Kearney's judgment in terms of what he does with Gelling.

5. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Gelling was at Wigan, played in some big games because hes a strong runner of the ball and quite dangerous close to the line.

Otherwise what you see is what you get I'm afraid.....he is a bit like Manu was on the down side with no where near the upside (Unfair comparison Manu was the record breaking machine after all).

I wonder how long it will take before Blake Green bangs on Kearneys door and says ' hows that plan to get good players on my side of the field coming along ? the one I was told about before signing....

The sooner we get Beale in the mix the better, Green will be very keen to have someone like that to work with, he must be getting sick of running the crèche out there.

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Paleaaesina2the20
    Join:
    Feb 6, 2013

Paleaaesina2the20 1st Grade Fringe

I feel like I have been yelling down a cave with no-one in it all season so far, hopefully that performance cements it for everyone and it isn't put down to rust. Gelling is garbage, forget rust. Rust wasn't his issue, he is well out of his depth and didn't even get to show the real downside to his game which is his defence. If he starts left centre Euan Aitken will score 15 tries.

Starting Lisone was also a mistake, clearly performed better from the bench. Mannerings best position remains lock, Blairs remains prop.

Papalii straight swap for Pulu, CNK straight swap for Kata, Sao/Satae/Vete/Lawton in for Gelling.

1. RTVS
    2. Fusitua
    3. Hiku
    4. CNK
    5. Maumalo
    6. Green
    7. SJ
    8. Blair
    9. Luke
    10. Paasi
    11. Papali’i
    12. Harris
    13. Mannering

14. Tevaga
    15. Afoa
    16. Lisone
    17. Sao/Satae/Vete/Lawton

7. Paleaaesina2the20
    Join:
    Feb 6, 2013

Paleaaesina2the20 1st Grade Fringe

Please rule him out altogether!

8. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

Gelling is not an NRL standard player simple as that. I wouldn't trust CNK at centre either, I think he would get shown up there on D.

As much as I hate to move Fus I think we have to until Beale and Kata are fit and put CNK on the wing. Lawton needs to come onto the bench.

9. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

I wonder if Perham might be a bolter on the wing?

10. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

He looks like he could do it...as much as it is impossible to compare where he is playing to first grade.
    Still I really like his composure and his overall game. He keeps getting over hyped by the commentary lol but he is good.

11. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

Yesterday I would have told you to just get used to the idea of Gelling as he is coming to a movie station near you on Friday night. However, based on an analysis I just did on the draw and the short turn around to week 8, Beale may not be back to Round 9, which means Kearney knows he has a hole at centre to plug for two games and not one game. If it were one game then it will definitely be Gelling for two reasons
    1) SK would have brought him over here on the understanding he would be a depth player and would play during injuries. Managers like Kearney hate going back on the word as their Integrity is involved.
    2) It is just one game and it is the least disruption to the backline - if we lose so be it - it is one game he will figure

However it likely is two games, and a two game run may allow enough time for the combinations to click more eg Fusitoa playing out of position. Secondly while Kearney may be willing to lose one game in order to keep his word or any pre-season promises - losing two consecutive games is a different story,

I have pulled all of this out of my Wahzoo by the way so feel free to take this with a huge grain of salt.

12. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

League playing junior who was poached by a 1A union loving school...

13. kurgal
    Join:
    Aug 18, 2013

kurgal 1st Grade Fringe

Good point! And they've played the Sharks twice already in those 6 games.

14. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

NZ TAB

Warriors 1.95
    St George 1.80

I feel with our hole at centre we should be longer odds. TAB must factor in home field quite a bit.

15. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

He cannot pass the ball left to right....he was shocking Saturday, looked to be a deer caught in the headlights....time for someone else to have a go, don't know who yet, but I think here goes...

Pulu replacement is Pappaili? - Mannering to lock.

Kata gets replaced by David F, CNK goes in on the wing.

Satae or Sao come on the bench as prop.

Gelling to the reserves.

16. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

If what he's shown so far is his absolute best he'll need to go up to his absomotherfuckinglute bestestest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Fuck. Why do I post then want to repost but can't be arsed editing but can reply?

Because I need to say it differently.

Gelling. Fuck no. Please no. Shit no. Hell no. Oh no. No no.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  18. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

Gelling and CNK are the only outside backs we know for sure are eligible for 1st grade, based on past team namings. Perham is a possibility but we haven't seen confirmation that he's in the top 30 - they mentioned he was upgraded at the same time Cook made it into the 1st grade squad but that may have just meant more money.

19. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

20. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.