Pita Godinet

1. fanrrior
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2012

fanrrior 1st Grade Fringe

He is an extremely talented player who, if you ask nigma, has been left out of the top team for way too long. But there is a reason why he hasn't made the top team and hasn't been scouted out by other teams (that we know of.)
    Most deem that to be because of his defensive deficiencies, but he has hardly been a Maloney for us so far this year. Still, his size remains a worry.

What are your thoughts on Godinet?

2. bigstu
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

bigstu 1st Grade Fringe

size is nothing when you are talented Lance Hohaia was tiny yet he still put petro on his ass. Godinet is yet to reach his potential and never will unless he's given the number 6 jersey fulltime. i don't understand why we don't play him in the starting role he has dominated NSW Cup for a few seasons being the top try scorer by miles the other year. he had a great combination with shaun in the vulcans they were really dynamic together. i just hope elliott comes to his senses and realises what he's missing out on.

3. scottyb
    Join:
    May 11, 2012

scottyb Warriors Bench Player

I'm all for him having a chance in the halves at the expense of TL being used off the bench in the Hooking cover role. His size isnt an issue in my view, it hasn't held him back when he's been on the field so far so i cant see it holding him back at all. He definately deserves a shot before they right him off in that position. My only concern is whether he can organise as well as he can snipe, but TL hasnt sent the world on fire in that position so a new option couldnt hurt.

4. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

If the Godinet rumor is true then I'm in two minds about it.

From a fanboi point of view I'd miss the things I enjoy about his game 1) Decision making ( especially setting up other players / that kind of unselfish play the Warriors really need ) 2. Fast off the mark 3. Good tactical awareness at the end of a set of six in the redzone 3. Solid tackler. 4). Best distributor at the club , short passing game 2nd to none.

He's an accurate guy and his execution / consistency is at NRL standard ( which is why he looks better than perhaps he is while our team struggles for structure ).

Certainly Matt Elliot has made no secret that the reason Godinet is in the 17 is because of the direction ( paraphrasing here but that's literally what he has said plus the spark thing ).

That's all you can ask of an impact player and here's where i worry about what might have been.....sure I'm biased but my expectation is that all those qualities are Godinet as an eighty minute half as well ( seems we will never know in a Warriors Jersey because of the hand of fate ).

So it's no surprise rumours are circulating about Pita this year ( basically we've put him out there instead of leaving him on the shelf, safe in our assumptions that he's a back up player only ).

He's made everything of his opportunities that we could ever have hoped this season and deserves a shot at the title ( regular first grader ).

It's coming for this guy....I'm not trying to rub it in...I honestly have held a deep belief and have said in other posts that this is Pita's year.

So if Bellamy gives him a chance he should go and all in all I'm pretty happy for him.

5. BA-AD Luck
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

BA-AD Luck 1st Grade Fringe

I like him but under used.

6. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

The one thing that makes the Godinet/Storm rumour more believable is that he would likely be on peanuts, and Bellamy loves his cheap players. He basically lives on them with the big 3 taking up half the cap. That club has a history of taking fringe or unwanted players and finding roles for them, often paying very little. I hadn't heard of many other offers for Pita's services within the NRL, and if Bellamy is aware he'll get a young-ish player with NRL XP on the cheap that only needs to fill a certain role in his setup, well he could very well be on his way.

From Pita's career perspective it would seem a good move. Who on earth knows what's going on with the Warriors and their halves/hookers beyond this year. On another front a successful stint with the Storm is likely to open a few more doors than benching with the Warriors/Vulcans.

7. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

I would hate to see him elsewhere. He is my man-crush this year. If he were up against us, I believe he would destroy us. I think that he is exactly the combination we need for Johnson. He is stable, while still having plenty of spark, and seems to be able to guide the team around nicely. Players just seem to want to run off him, and their intensity is through the roof while he is on the field. I don't understand why ME insists on playing Leuluai in the halves and Godinet at hooker, when they are both proven (at various levels) in opposite positions. I wonder if the story of Elliot not watching last years games is only the surface of our problem and he knows nothing of the players prior to his arrival. He has simply heard of Leuluai's time in the halves in ESL and of Godinet playing hooker, and not of their experience in the other spots.

To me, Godinet is a player like Locke, Sam Lousi and Carlos that, I feel, the club needs to retain. They are all players who will have to do the hard yards to prove themselves and become big time players (and quite often through unpreferred positions). We have had a few players who have cruised into their preferred positions and have not lived up to expectation, and I feel they are not hungry enough because of it (talking about Johnson, and Fish at fullback).

8. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

I have no real concerns over his defence. He is similar to Maloney, in the fact his stats will always look bad, but when he gets bumped off in a tackle is fast enough to go again and quite regularly makes his next attempt anyway. To me, his tackling is no worse than Johnson's, yet he is massively smaller (can you use these two words together?). I like the intensity he gives, the fact that he doesn't seem fazed by the step up, and the way he seems to make the rest run harder.

My opinion, he is the perfect match for Johnson in the halves.

Don't fuck this up, Elliot.

9. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

All true , I mean if you were him what would you do.

Godinet has been the invisible man. Six 'bit part' games in the NRL was the extent of his profile coming into this year and only once in his best position.....( instead of getting an Audition with another half he was paired with Mateo ).

So no one has heard of this guy except us and when mentioned his name would be loosely familiar as a ' fill in secound stringer ' from one of the shittiest Maquee less black holes in the NRL ( the Warriors).

This is a double blackmark for a local spine player in NZ ( If the Warriors can't find a spot for you what does that suggest).

Ironically we are the club that can't attract off shore players , and watching the Storm revert to type to preserve the big $$$ three they release Widdop and Bellamy looks to be sniffing around Pita as a replacement.

[DOUBLEPOST=1366626945,1366625708][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well you would think the club that has obscene cap space might sit up and wonder why the guy that they offered six million bucks is looking at one of our local development players.

Tommy L interestingly is not wanted back at Wigan as a half according to the majority of posts i read on their forum , at hooker as a fill in a few posters welcomed the idea with open arms.

Phantom Lock who is involved with the up and comers at the Warriors was the poster kind enough to give us a heads up on a real talent ( Godinet ) all those years ago.
    You and I have followed his career with keen interest since, and the way he out played Marshall in a test showed exactly what PL was on about , X Factor player , Vulcans MVP in the GF and Vulcans player of the year.

It's time we faced facts i recon , assuming our best Vulcans player is not up to the preferred first graders is a false economy ( the most frustrating thing about Godinet is that he is like a formula one driver who has never been given the keys to the Ferrari )
    Ignorance is bliss when you can measure your best secound rate player by the no names he's played alongside all this time.

Give the man a go on the track in the wrong Race car ( hooker ) and he still gets the points in the MOM polls.

10. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

who knows until he gets a full game starting. does he have a kicking game to play in the halves? i havent seen much of the other comps to know. as a hooker im not sure he would be able to take the defensive load and would he be an 80 minute hooker or would we have to go back to carrying 2 hookers in the team. taylor will be gone so everyone can put that idea away

11. SirtySree
    Join:
    Jun 11, 2012

SirtySree Warriors Bench Player

Overrated by fans, underrated by the coaches.

12. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

a little long, but worth a look for those who haven't seem much of him outside first grade. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

13. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

ive watched this once before , its a very weird package like they just cut every time he touched the ball instead of actual highlights. lots of shovel passes, theres kicks that just go out over the dead ball line, some telegraphed wrap around plays. he can definitely run though

14. eX | Machina
    Join:
    Jun 20, 2012

eX | Machina 1st Grade Fringe

You are forgetting about the Storm's youngster Kurt Mann. He will be the heir to Slater, Cronk or Widdop's jersey he plays all the positions equally well! He is a genuine gun! He'll probably get a run during Origin.

15. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

I think its quite honest. Its not simply highlights, but more of a Godinet sample. It shows a bit of everything. I like the way it groups together certain aspects of his game into individual packages, and doesn't just show the best.

16. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Godinets defensive frailties are a myth. Pita may have been a liability in that department but Ive not seen any of it this season. He's better then Maloney and at worse the same as SJ. I hate hearing that same old tired line about his defence not being up to scratch from people who just want to regurgitate the same old shit without any clear evidence...

17. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

well hes played hooker this year and ive seen him bounced off a few times. i think hed be ok at half but at hooker for 80.. i dont know.

18. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

I think he is a good honest hard working player with a bit of brilliance and a great work ethic. He does lift the team when he comes on. On the downside, like a lot of the Warriors halves, his last tackle options seem a little panicked at times. ATM the halves are a contest between SJ, TL, Godinet and Seijka. I think Tuimavave may have slipped back a little with his performance against Samoa, maybe unfairly as it is hard to look good as a half behind a dominated pack.

One of the strings to a half's game at NRL level is a good boot, I think that is probably Pita's downfall, I am not concerned about his defence, he gives his all. I would be happy for him to get a run at standoff but I think his achilles heel of a lack of kicking game may mean he will not be a long term option. However, he is the type of player who if he proves me wrong I will be rapt.[DOUBLEPOST=1366629079][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, Tuimavave against Tonga

19. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Sure. Not really saying he's one of the best players in the world or a dead cert over there. His attitude and maturity footie wise is what will push his barrow.

Those hand full of what I call secound hand minutes he's had as a Warrior this year have lifted a sluggish team into fifth gear , it's that kind of impact a Top side will do some serious damage off.

The Conditions will have to be right ( Injuries ) but Melbourne have lived a charmed life that statistically is pushing the boundaries.

I should add that all three of the Trinity are getting older , the time is now to Audition for any of those spots , Pita can play all three and Cameron Smiths Position as well.

20. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

my prediction is that round 10 will be godinets chance, if we keep sucking he should get a start about then