General Discussion Players You Would Like To See Leave and Why?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by TheFullback, Aug 22, 2016.

1. TheFullback
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2016

TheFullback U20's Player

Players you'd like to see leave and why. So I'll go first Maumalo and manu purely because they offer nothing apart from metres gained and even then they can be nulified. Matalino on the basis he doesnt seem to want it anymore and happy to coast not the attitude of somebody that would be a senior figure in the team. I know they wont be wholesale changes unless maybe a new coach comes in but i guess will see.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

2. wazzas
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

wazzas 1st Grade Fringe

Happy to keep Manu and Maumalo, but Ken on a smaller contract only if he goes well in the back row. Lillyman would be the first to leave, alongside Wright, perhaps Matulino if the drive is no longer there. It is hard to say really only if we can replace them with experience.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Manu for two reasons

1. Money. He is on more than a winger should be, which imho has damaged our forward power for a long time now.
    2. Legacy. I don't want to see him as a shadow of his former self, I want to see him owning super league for a few years on some big bucks (I'd tune in to all his games)

Don't get me wrong though; it will be a sad day when he leaves. I'm not a hater by any means

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 24
    • List
  4. Jwoodzy02
    Join:
    Nov 14, 2015

Jwoodzy02 Warriors Bench Player

Too many to name:
    Maumalo: I find him a bit useless in front of the line and too big for a winger.
    Lillyman: Has been a vital part for the warriors in the last few seasons but I reckon he has lost it.
    Hoffman: Doesn't know how to pass a ball and getting too old.
    Wright: Everyone knows why.
    Ayshford (Maybe): If he can have consistent performances but wanting someone younger and better in that position like CNK.
    Lane: Not a fan, but he has been playing solid in NSW Cup so if he is happy playing there that's fine by me.
    Last but not least.....
    Coach Crappy: He can't pick a team and is just an absolutely terrible coach. Plus he looks like a bowling ball with and elf mask on it :)

Lots of Aussies there but it is true, they just aren't very good playing for us.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  5. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

I'd keep Manu at least he shows heart but Mutts can go.

• List
  6. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

I'd only keep Manu if he moved to the forwards, but the money he is on, we would be able to get a good prop.
    Lilyman, he's been good but I think next season may be a season too long
    Hoffman, pretty much the same as above
    Jono Wright, shouldn't be in the FG team but happen to have as depth only and in the NSW Cup

7. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

Manu - Give us some spare cash, agree he would be good to watch in Super League. I would also cry when he left.
    Marshmalo - after he is given 2 games at 2nd row to prove himself (he won't)
    Hoffman - overpaid sooky bubba who is too old
    Lillyman - arms are too big for a white fella, we don't need mutants we are not the X-Men (plus he is overpaid and under delivers)
    Allwood - Kaka stop stealing our money
    Lane - Kaka

On Notice:
    SJ - gets one more season to prove he can run this shit, but we cant wait forever princess even though we like your attitude.
    Ayshford gets a stay of execution coz we got no depth at Centre plus we are running out of geeky looking Aussies with Lilyman and Hoffman gone so he is our token.
    Luke - show some early season form or Roache steps up and we trade you out
    RTS - no more revolving door tackling or you're going too.

8. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

• Vatuvei's time in the spotlight is over in my opinion. He is not worth the money we are paying him and we could get a better return investing elsewhere.
    • Sao has been a bust.
    • Lousi has been one of the most disappointing players in Warriors history, free up cash and let him go.
    • Hoffman has been a reasonable buy for us but we need a more dynamic and younger edge backrower for the money he is getting.
    • Maumalo is young but I just canot see him developing the type of athleticism a modern winger needs. To me he is a NSW Cup backrower at best.
    • Lillyman's money could be better spent too. Good servant of the club but we need an injection of quality youth.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List

9. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Agree with all of this, very fair. Losing Leuluai, Manu, Lillyman and Hoffman is an intense lot of experience to lose though

10. koolkat
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

koolkat Get rid of the rot Contributor

1/bull
    2/Mannering(I want the bro to win something.so deserving
    3/Manu.same has above

• List
  11. adelaide rams
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2015

adelaide rams NSW Cup Player

Below in order of who I want gone asap.
    Lousi - no explanation needed
    Wright - as per above
    Sao - has gone backwards since he was at manly. Waste of cap space even if its not much.
    Lillyman - past his use by date
    Matulino - does not show that he actually wants to be in the team.
    Hoffman - past his use by date

Vatuvei needs to be tried in the fowards along with Maumalo otherwise they can can go to.

• List
  12. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

Yet he's probably the most athletic winger we have except Fus. Sure as hell quicker than Vatuvei and more athletic than Lolohea.

13. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

There's another thread about this called Warriors Recruitment Strategy or something similar - it's got the players contract expiration dates etc too.

I'll bump it.

14. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

Can we start a thread for forum members I'd like to see fuck off?

• Funny Funny x 22
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  15. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I'd trade Lolohea for a 120kg forward and a winger.

He's not living his dream here because SJ is above him and we're probably never going to run with two running 5/8ths. We really need someone who can kick, so ata is way in front of lolo atm...

It's good for him, it's good for our club (if we get a good trade), and it's good for the nrl and the sport in general.

Be a little sad to see all that potential running around at another club, but he may choose to come home in 4 years, when he's in his prime. Who knows.

• List
  16. mode81
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2012

mode81 1st Grade Fringe

Most of these cunts are just a bunch of pussies. Don't even deserve the name Warriors when they play like scum every week.

Johnson Probably right up there as one of the most inconsistent cunts on the team, lucky he signed long term
    Vatuvei He can leave no sentimental shit with him he's passed it. But the club will keep him because we enjoy losing.
    Maumalo Should have been granted a release when he asked for it, big soft and dumb
    Ayshford was always mediocre and is still mediocre.. wow he can pass whoop dee do.
    Wright should have only been signed to a year contract, it's a miracle he's still here
    Lillyman only performs around Origin time to get noticed then reverts back to his usual average self. Get rid of him.
    Matulino I'm sure he asked for a release to go to Penrtih but the club refused, bet they regret it now because he's the biggest mediocre soft balls in our pack and he's been consistently shit for years.
    Hoffman is so slow and pathetic I don't know why he's in the team.. Oh that's right he's captain so he has to get chosen every week even though he does fuck all.
    Lisone sorry but don't have time for inconsistent meat heads. 1 good game 4 shit games not good enough.
    Sao got injured in the trial and just lost it. Waste of space signing
    Lane had high hopes but he's another fake ass forward

Stats don't mean shit to me. You can see with you're own eyes if the packs up for it and our packs a bunch of mallow puffs and they've been soft cunts for years, big Warriors pack my ass.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • List
  17. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

Not a fan of these more negative threads especially when players are being rated for their value for money when no one actually knows their contract value.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • List
  18. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

How about when suggesting a player you want to leave you also suggest a player who plays the same position who is off contract and would sign for similar money. I think when doing that suddenly a lot of these players won't seem so bad.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  19. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Sounds reasonable

Leave the thread immediately.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • List
  20. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Eh? He’d be slowest winger in the comp just about, runs well for a big man, but that’s about it, slow to get moving, no footwork, doesn’t seem to have any leaping ability.

If you put them in a finishing drill, or even had them mark each other, even at this advanced stage, Vatuvei would eat him.

• List