Gameday Raiders vs Warriors Gameday Chatter [Round 3, 2018]

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Warriors Conquer!

2. Warriors 12-

3. Warriors JANFIN Special by 6

4. DRAW

5. Raiders 12-

6. Raiders Pillage!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Raiders vs Warriors Gameday Chatter [Round 3, 2018]

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

First in.

Not sure whether I would have rather had the Waiders win last week. 0-2 will make them somewhat desperate.

3. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

2nd in
    Good to see you in doc.

The crazy thing about today and every week here after is that we will be fitter than last week.

It takes a couple of years to reset the system physiologically and mentally for athletes to begin to have a deeper knowledge of what their body can take.

It takes Four years ( an Olympic cycle) to Be truly competition hardened in the brain for the top 1% of Athletes...well that's what Jan Cameron reconed when I asked her about the thinking behind Aus Swimming.

Obviously there are differences in footy but " that is an industry standard across elite sports"....

Go the Warriors.

4. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

3rd in and we have shown that we are also desperate.

Looks to be a good test for our boys

5. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

I want to see a more controlled attack to day and committed defence. They are a big pack but if we put them down and reduce post contact metres we will be OK.

Their edge defence is dodgy, our middles have to watch theirs drifting off to help, that will be the time to attack the middle.

This will be tough one, the only one that worries me is Paasi, hopefully he is ready to go. Tevaga will tackle his heart out.

6. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Nice and dry in the ACT today. Perfect weather for some free running footy.

The "Mobile Warriors Forwards"TM to tire the big raiders pack and our hot steppers to carve up at the death in another Canberra nail biter.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • List
  7. davewjnz
    Join:
    Mar 10, 2013

davewjnz 1st Grade Fringe

A win today will temporarily put us in #1 spot on 6 points.
    Imagine that.. Top Dog for 24 hours at least

Lets Gone Boys!

8. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Good on ya Jono.

" ya dipped ya fkn...toe in....and now ya can't help diving in..."

Weather looks good btw.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  9. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

One of the biggest forward packs vs one of the smallest. Their guys will try and bust us up the middle. Good to see bigger bodies on our bench - Passi and Jazz.

Tevaga could almost sew up a bench spot today due to his versatility and ability to play back up hooker.

Looking to our fitness ( both physical and mental) to get us home, although the Raiders will be desperate to win at home.
    Hard one to call actually.

10. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

I would not bother with holding down today. Get out of the ruck, if anything they will try and hold our tacklers down to milk penalties. Make them get their fat arses off the ground quickly.

11. davewjnz
    Join:
    Mar 10, 2013

davewjnz 1st Grade Fringe

I wouldn't worry about Paasi

"Paasi ran out for the Warriors Intrust Super Premiership side in round one and made a game-high 190 metres from 21 carries and 20 tackles in his 55 minutes.

He backed that up with another 57 minute effort last Saturday."

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Last Saturdays game most of the team were lethargic even Vete dropped a sitter when we were attacking their line.
    Also remember we practically operated on a 2 man bench last week when Papali'i went off injured
    So our fitness is right up there but we go into this game with better bench options IMO.

12. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Agree, but just saying Paasi is an unknown factor in NRL this year. Trust in SK I suppose.

13. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Good points.
    I suspect our lot won't cope that well with changing the program (a tweak really, not that bigger shift I guess...but still..).
    I might be selling our boys short - they do know how to play a specific template against Melbourne, which varies from the majority of their other games (pretty much confirms that they can adjust, and obviously if we want to be the best...alterations need to be part of our DNA).

I'm certainly keen to see them drop the leg pull. That one is a Gimme.

If they make the Ruck clean, they will have to retire the ten and set themselves at Marker very fast.

Line speed in both directions (coming forward and running backwards will have to change (doable) to counter the roll on that the efficient play the balls the Raiders will be afforded without us deliberately slowing the Ruck.

Obviously the offset is that conceding less penalties should use less gas in theory.

I wonder if our greatest fear at present is the ball being sent wide quickly where our big backs are susceptible to being slower to organize and turn and chase.

Not tying tell anyone how to suck eggs here...there is more than one way to deal with the Raiders.

If we can keep them under 18 points I would be pleased. If we could restrict them even more than that say 12 or less...I would be ecstatic even if we lose (thinking to future games against the Big boys and the reality that seesawing high scoring games is piss poor prep for the competition proper if you want the premiership).

14. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Beware the refs of 2018

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

If I was the Raiders I would grubber in behind our wingers. ala Hurrell

16. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

It did work. We'll neee to be switched on and complete our deep breathing circle.

It should be interesting to see it while the Raiders faithful do their clap thing.

17. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

I’ll give it my weekly best of luck and check out the highlights over breakfast.

Fingers crossed for 3 in 3

18. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

Opposition teams haven't effectively targeted our weak spots out wide. Rapana & co could exploit this.

19. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Vancent 1st Grade Fringe

Fantastic test of where we’re really at. 2from2 in Oz would be as incredible as 3 from 3 start to the season.

Would dearly love to win this one.

20. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

On the back of their big forward pack they may get plenty of opportunities. But I back our small pack to muscle up and go the distance . I'm more interested in what Harris can do on our right with Hiku and the Fus.

Also keen to see if RTS can put Ken and G.Reedy over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.