Random Warriors Jersey Designs

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Poihakena, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Poihakena
    Join:
    Jun 30, 2013

Poihakena U20's Player

Mt Wellington asked if I can put up some of the designs i've done.

I do design stuff like this is my spare time. If anyone else designs Jerseys put them in here?

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

This is a Warriors away concept i have been working on. I like the NZ Maori Jerseys since they became Green/black/silver so I wanted to use a Green design, but incorporate blue for Auckland, and keep black for NZ, plus we have used Green black and blue on our Jerseys before but not at the same time. I can't get a good enough res image for Lion Red League patches so i've left it off for aesthetics.

Let me know what you think!

2. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Chur bro I like that design way more than the Heritage ones.

NZ Maori Jersey is my personal fav too.

Like the way you brought back the Green and blue.

3. Poihakena
    Join:
    Jun 30, 2013

Poihakena U20's Player

A jersey with a darker grey than the 2003-2007 Puma Jerseys, but slightly based on the motif of the Mt Albert trial jersey.

And here's a ccc version of the Mt Albert trial jersey i've been playing around with on photoshop, however I don't like how its came out. I think though it would be nice if the Warriors paid respects in jersey forms to some of the top League clubs in NZ that did the hard yards for years before the Warriors came about.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.[DOUBLEPOST=1372854293][/DOUBLEPOST]Home jersey based on the black, Green, blue theme:

and two other 'aways' where I'm experimenting with colours:

4. Spence
    Join:
    Mar 31, 2012

Spence Sgt. Pepper

I dig the Green in our old strips, and I think it would be cool to have Green as our away colour, rather than white. White makes it easy not to clash with anyone's strip though, I guess. A Green away strip would be problematic against the raiders - though if it's dark enough we could probably get away with it.

But I think I mainly like Green in our strip when it's predominantly blue, rather than the other way around - either way is cool though.

Oh actually that's another thing holding a Green away strip back, we don't have blue in our jersey at the moment. I'd be worried introducing a Green/black colour scheme might be introducing yet another new design.

Rambling now, I'll stop.

5. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

InruinInruin and RizzahRizzah do some great designs as you may have seen on the 2013 Jersey thread.

Personally I just like Jerseys that are blue and white. The Green and red were only added to the original Jerseys because of the sponsors colours and now we have added red to the black design for Vodafone. I fully understand the importance of sponsors but I place more value in heritage and with the constant changing of the Warriors Jerseys and colours we, as a club, have yet to establish one.

This is one that RizzahRizzah did for the Vulcans that I like but for the Warriors team. Probably too close to the Bulldogs though but something along the Auckland heritage line...
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.[DOUBLEPOST=1372854692][/DOUBLEPOST]I could live with this one PoihakenaPoihakena...

:like:

6. Spence
    Join:
    Mar 31, 2012

Spence Sgt. Pepper

I know what your saying about keeping it to heritage colours, but in a way Green and red are our heritage colours - regardless of the reasoning behind using them in the first place. That said, I'm only a young fella - started following in '05/'06 - so can only speculate on such things retrospectively.

7. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

That's a nice Vulcans Jersey.

Bugger the Buldogs , they were founded after the Auckland League team wore the Blue and whites , long time after. Johnny come lately's stole it

8. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Your right. Dont think we could go with the blue and white anyway because of the Bulldogs. Those Jerseys are pretty iconic now. Aslong as they stick to it, or any design for that matter, then I dont care.

Favourite was the Puma version. 2010 CCC wasnt bad either...

9. Poihakena
    Join:
    Jun 30, 2013

Poihakena U20's Player

I completely agree about needing to establish one colour scheme for our home jersey. It builds an identity. I do however look at a lot of the old football clubs in the UK who had many different designs for the first 20 odd years of existence, and some of the clubs that are now 120 years old plus, only settled on their current colours or design 20-30 years after they started. Maybe we wont settle on one for another few years, or maybe black white and red will be ours forever now? Who knows?

I like the blue and white too. In fact even though i'm from Chch I wouldn't have minded if we had kept the Auckland moniker rather than switch to NZ. Auckland carried League in NZ for years.

My designs aren't really what I think the team should wear, its just me mucking around really, but I try and incorporate heritage on all Jerseys I design. Personally I would love to see a Auckland style blue and white jersey, people may say it would be like the Dogs but it would actually be predominantly blue with white chevrons, whereas they are predominantly white.

10. Spence
    Join:
    Mar 31, 2012

Spence Sgt. Pepper

Don't get me wrong, I love the blue and white strip. Either our 2007 heritage jersey or the Vulcans jersey before CCC took over - perfection. But blue, Green and red is such a unique combination and I think it works great.

11. Poihakena
    Join:
    Jun 30, 2013

Poihakena U20's Player

This is an old school style Kiwis homage i've been mucking around with but I can;t get the vodafone looking quite right on it so i've left it off for now.

12. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito Warriors 1st Grader

Always liked the silver + black circa 2003, so I like that one above, great stuff.

Question: do we have to wear the away strip when playing in Australia? It's not like black + red clashes with the raiders or the eels etc, but they always wear the white, the white sucks, always has imo.

13. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

the laces and the collar are very retro so I cant see this being worn on the pitch but it would look awesome as a jumper for supporters

14. Akkerz
    Join:
    Jun 22, 2012

Akkerz 1st Grade Fringe

Lovin that black & white lace up job. And it's a fair bet I'll never be required to wear it onfield.

15. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

Man I miss real collars :(. And players' names on the back of Jerseys would be sweet too.

16. Ranger
    Join:
    May 23, 2012

Ranger 1st Grade Fringe

It will probably never happen but I wish that we would go back to these Jerseys as our main strip/colours.

17. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

For some reason I really liked the NZ Flag design strip, the one wore when we made the final a few seasons ago. Had a chance to buy one for a $100 a couple years ago.. Decided to hold out for the current strip, should have got the flag! Bring backk the collars.

18. Spence
    Join:
    Mar 31, 2012

Spence Sgt. Pepper

Simply the best.

19. Qtownwarrior
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Qtownwarrior Warriors Bench Player

got one of these but with the NSWRL logo on it, only comes out for special occasions!

20. Jay M
    Join:
    Sep 25, 2012

Jay M Warriors 1st Grader

Poihakena - what kind of res picture of the Lion Red league patches are you after? I might be able to help you out there ;)

Loving the designs btw!

The one based on the Kiwis jersey is pretty cool. I've got a 2001-2002 kiwis jersey at home and it's personally my favourite kiwis jersey (no Chrisco, no Lion Red - just Puma and black and white - with a collar)...