General Discussion Referee Rant Thread

Discussion in 'NRL Discussion' started by jonno, Mar 29, 2015.

1. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

That was the worst ref performance I think I've ever seen in all my years watching the NRL.

Are there any other games that top this one?

2. MarkW
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

MarkW 1st Grade Fringe

At least they were consistently shit all the way through the match.

3. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

Warriors v Tigers 2011 semi was worse given the stakes were higher however yes today was disgusting

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  4. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

Way worse.

Today's wasn't even that bad. It was basically what most teams get every week. It just seemed worse because we absolutely just could not hold the ball.

Lets just be happy the forwards and halves didn't give up at halftime and actually kept the scoreline respectable while playing without a backline.

If anything, this is the worst backline performance I can remember seeing.

5. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

More importantly, worst Golden Boot performance EVER.

Shaun Johnson can hold his head up high and say he was responsible for that.

Solomone Kata can take a large chunk of the credit as well.

When you are centre for one of the most prolific try scorers in the games history, the first thing you do is look to set him up. Kata duffed 3 near-guaranteed Manu tries!

But I am calling it now, and will stand by my call. It is reserve grade tiem for Johnson. He is incapable of winning games. Not just the conversion, or his woeful bombs (excluding the couple that were fixed by his team), but that stupid run at the line to try to take the glory. He is not worthy of the Golden Boot award.

We are where we are, IN SPITE of Shaun Johnson, not because of him.

He is not worthy of a ANZAC jersey for either the Warriors or the Kiwis.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Remember how they penalised Locke for a "cannon ball" tackle in front of the sticks lmao.

Add to that Maxwell being caught winking on camera.

• List
  7. Iafetas Kickstand Wang
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Iafetas Kickstand Wang 1st Grade Fringe

Gees, I thought Shaun was better this week. Played a good role in both Kata and Allwood's try, was starting to take the line on, and a couple of efforts in defence were critical. If anything, he was the one trying to hold Johnno Wrong and Matty Allwood from crapping their daks over and over.

The finger firmly goes in the direction of Johnno Wrong and Manu's woeful hands before SJ and Kata. C Money also bombed a deadset try, and threw a couple of horrific passes, SJ made him look good at times picking it up off his boot laces.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

I hope Cappy spends the $10k, because wiry the way the refs fair Cam Smith, we'll be fucked next week unless something is said

• List

9. Iafetas Kickstand Wang
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Iafetas Kickstand Wang 1st Grade Fringe

Anything involving Mogsheen Jagwat. THat little kunt had no idea.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  10. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

I guess you have to have someone new to complain about now that Matulino is killing it

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  11. sydneywarrior92
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

sydneywarrior92 1st Grade Fringe

We still outran the broncos according to the nrl.com stats. When we had the momentum we ran in the tries and outplayed the broncs that entire second half. This was a game we would have won had we been even 50% of our best, but its not the end of the world. I thought Tui had some great touches and I love how he runs straight into the line to start our sets. If Hurrell comes back just get Wright out, that bloke is another Neilsen. made some awful defensive decisions today

12. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

Actually, Johnson has copped it, every year except last year from me. Mautlino is great when he is happy, but when things don't go his way, then we see the real Benny. And he needs to decide whether to offload after he has the ball, not before.

13. Ref
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Ref 1st Grade Fringe

This I consider cheating
    The Matulino not square
    The advantage considered played after the Wallace lost forward.
    Am I am a f****8 referee

• List
  14. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno 1st Grade Fringe

I would say its par for the course which is disappointing.

Refs currently have too much influence on the outcome and it's starting to be a real blight on the game.

15. Slash Razor
    Join:
    Aug 12, 2012

Slash Razor 1st Grade Fringe

our errors aside, it was still a pretty shocking ref performance, why, WHY? did the ref go to video replay when it was a blatant knock on, and over the dead ball line at that, he was only a few feet away? dumb ass ref make the damn call, bloody wimp, Lisones knockon when Thaidays leg was clearly in the play the ball,
    and the worst call with five mins to go was crucial and turned the game, how the hell can you call that advantage is beyond me, now I havnt taken a closer look at it just yet, but man nothing worst then a ref deciding the fate off the game on his own blatant error? also there were a few other dubious decisions as well...

• List
  16. thebroverine
    Join:
    Jul 24, 2013

thebroverine Warriors Bench Player

First the media releases story about Tomkins being homesick earlier during the week. Then gameday this disgusting BS.

The only positive is Hoffman giving a spray to the boys after the last try was scored. I am quietly confident we will be better prepared for this BS during finals.

17. Dixpat
    Join:
    Feb 3, 2014

Dixpat 1st Grade Fringe

Our 20th anniversary game was no different than the majority of games we have played in those years

We have never got the rub of the green from the Aussie refs

Even Kevin Campion said he thought the complaints were bullshit until he had played for the Warriors for a season

On the way out of the ground I said to two cops that they needed to go into the ground and arrest six criminals who had just stolen 2 points from us!!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  18. surfin
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

surfin Warriors 1st Grader

No, just typical of 2015 across the board.

19. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I think the hype and anticipation surrounding the Aussie Kiwi cricket final clouded the refs minds a little and made it impossible for them to give us a fair game...

Hopefully we get a more even spread next weekend...

20. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

Ahh, come on!!!

Life isn't all a conspiracy.