Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DIE FOR TONGA Contributor

Starting a Roger Tuivasa-Sheck dedicated thread so we can follow his career through news, articles and posts. The other signing one has been too far polluted with posts about the Pom.

http://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/roger-tuivasa-sheck-signing-sam-tomkins-release-discussion.41850

Roosters fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck signs with Warriors for three years
    DAVID LONG
    Last updated 14:58, April 8 2015
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has joined the Warriors on a three-year deal and will play for the club from next season, while Sam Tomkins will return to England.

As reported in January, the NZ franchise were interested in bringing the Kiwis and Roosters fullback back to Auckland and they are believed to have paid over $800,000 for his services.

Tuivasa-Sheck will be a like-for-like replacement for Tomkins, who will leave the club a year early having failed to settle in New Zealand.

The Warriors have been trying to help a homesick Tomkins adjust to life in New Zealand, but this hasn't happened and there was a feeling this was affecting his performances.

He'll leave the country at the end of the season and be able to play without any pressure now a decision has been made.

Tomkins showed just how talented he is in the couple of games he played this year before getting injured and it's no coincidence the club's performances dropped away in losses to the Broncos and Storm in the past fortnight.

Tuivasa-Sheck grew up in South Auckland and was nabbed by the Roosters, despite the Warriors also showing strong interest in him.

The 21-year-old won the award for the winger of the year in the NRL last season and has been in stunning form again this year after his switch to fullback, replacing the retired Anthony Minichiello.

In the club's loss to the Sharks last weekend, Tuivasa-Sheck ran for over 300 metres.

The Warriors have been looking to land a marquee signing for a number of months, but missed out on Kieran Foran, Trent Merrin and Jason Taumalolo.

Warriors managing director Jim Doyle said the club had reluctantly agreed to allow Tomkins to return to England a year before the end of his contract in 2016, but was delighted to secure Tuivasa-Sheck on a long-term contract.

"He came here excited about testing himself in the NRL and also experiencing living in a new country but, in the end, Sam has found it too much of a challenge being away from home," Doyle said.

"While we have talked with him and tried to work through it he has now come back to us to ask for a release at the end of the season.

"It's disappointing that it has come to this but reluctantly we have accepted there is no option but to allow Sam to return to England.

"For now, though, he is determined to finish his time with the Warriors in the best way he can. He's working to recover from his knee injury as soon as possible so he can regain his spot in the team."

Tomkins thanked the Warriors for their compassionate approach.

"I never imagined it would reach this point," he said.

"This is a great club and I can't say enough about the coaching staff. I love being with the lads and it's a brilliant country to live in but I can only be honest and say I miss home in ways I never thought I would.

"I'm truly grateful to the Warriors for agreeing to give me an early release and I am so determined to repay them for their consideration.

"All I want now is to get back out on the field to help us have a great season."

Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden said making a decision now about Tomkins' future should prove beneficial.

"This has been hanging over Sam at different times and there's no doubt it has affected him," he said.

"Now the way has been cleared and I'm sure he'll excel once again when he comes back from this injury.

"We've seen the quality he provides when he's in the side. He makes a huge difference to the way we play and I know how determined he'll be to contribute over the rest of the season."

While disappointed Tomkins wouldn't be with the club for the full term of his original contract, McFadden was elated about snaring Sydney Roosters star Tuivasa-Sheck.

"He's a wonderful talent and a fantastic signing," he said.

"He's still only 21 and has already made a real mark in the NRL and also for the Kiwis. To be able to bring a New Zealander back to our club from Australia is massive for us.

"While we're naturally thrilled and Roger is just as excited about coming home, we both have the same focus for the rest of the year.

"He's solely interested in doing all he can for the Roosters just as we know Sam wants to do the same for us."

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

2. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Where it all started...

Roosters snap up star NZ junior
    Thursday 27 Oct 2011 2:07 p.m.
    Otahuhu's Roger Tuivasa-Sheck tackled at the National Secondary Schools Rugby League Finals in Auckland 2011, where Otahuhu won the Grand Finals against St Pauls (Photosport)

National Rugby League club the Sydney Roosters have pulled off a recruitment coup, snaring in-demand New Zealand schoolboy Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Hot on the heels of the club signing 22-year-old Parramatta five-eighth Daniel Mortimer, the Roosters snuck under the guard of rivals to grab the highly rated 18-year-old fullback/winger.

Tuivasa-Sheck has starred in both rugby codes at schoolboy level and recently represented New Zealand's national schoolboy rugby union team against the Australian schoolboys.

Roosters recruitment officer Peter O'Sullivan was pleased Tuivasa-Sheck, who has signed a two-year deal, shunned offers from rival NRL and Super Rugby sides to link with the Bondi-based club.

"It's very exciting for the NRL and rugby league that Roger has decided to pursue a career in our game, as he has a great passion for rugby league," says O'Sullivan.

"Roger possesses brilliant footwork and speed and with the interest in him from other NRL clubs and the Auckland Blues, this is a real coup for the Roosters."

NZN

NRL: Future stars' talent easy for a top scout to spot
    5:30 AM Wednesday Oct 3, 2012

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has what it takes, and the Roosters are making it happen. Chris Rattue writes how the NRL super scouts are always on the sidelines looking for the next big league discovery.
    Peter O'Sullivan saw Greg Inglis as a 15-year-old and says he was 'the most gifted athlete I've ever come across'. He went on to play for the Rabbitohs. Photo / Getty Images

Peter O'Sullivan is happy to step out of the shadows, but his players do the best talking for him.

O'Sullivan is an NRL super scout. "His" players, the ones on top of O'Sullivan's calling card, are Billy Slater, Greg Inglis and Israel Folau.

They are his three star discoveries, from his days with the Melbourne Storm and proof that he has that special eye for talent spotting and a knack for getting a signature on the line.

O'Sullivan, now at the Sydney Roosters, has nailed another potential superstar, this time from New Zealand. The 19-year-old Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, a rugby convert, made the NRL first grade side this year, his first league season. The magical feet that O'Sullivan first saw in colourful boots have now caught everyone else's eye.

"I was blessed with Roger," says O'Sullivan, in an assured, low-key voice.

The 46-year-old O'Sullivan was a lower grade playmaker with St George and Balmain who was scouted, as a coach, by the Dragons in days when the total football staff at a club might number three or four. He did a bit of everything. There were mentors, including his football coach brother, but when pushed, O'Sullivan quietly says any talent-spotting ability might be "innate".

So which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Does O'Sullivan happen to be in the right places, or does his eye for the best talent turn ordinary places into the right ones?

In the case of Tuivasa-Sheck, the kid from Otara, O'Sullivan's intuition got him into the game quick enough to snatch the youngster away from the pack. The occasion was the national secondary schools tournament at Papakura's Bruce Pulman Park in September last year.

The Apia-born Tuivasa-Sheck, from Otahuhu College, was an established young rugby star who had played for the national schools side. Disappointed that the rugby season had ended, he lined up for his school league team and immediately liked the flow of the new game. Tuivasa-Sheck was hardly a state secret, though, and the Warriors were among those in the hunt.

"The Warriors offered a great deal but the Roosters had a bit more for me, a package deal for my family," Tuivasa-Sheck says.

His manager, Bruce Sharrock, says there were five NRL clubs in the frame.

There have been a number of stories and reasons given about why Tuivasa-Sheck chose the Roosters, including the good impression Coogee made on him after being walked around Roosters country by O'Sullivan.

Tuivasa-Sheck doesn't mention this when the Herald calls. Instead, he points to the Roosters package which included being close to a good university, finding a school for his younger brother and "getting him into the sporting system", and finding jobs for his sisters and parents.

Tuivasa-Sheck said: "I was surprised at the lengths the club would go to - but I have to thank my manager who was really fighting for me, to get these things."

He was hurtling in unexpected directions, after starting last year happy with the future promised by a place in the Auckland Blues academy.

"Everything was bouncing around in my head. The Roosters sounded a very good idea, but I had so much doubt, always thinking 'is this the right decision or is this going to be a waste'? I was so nervous leaving all my family and friends behind," he says.

This is another story for the pile. A good 20 years ago, a tough young Glenora footballer named Jarrod McCracken had shunned senior Auckland football to help smooth his way into the Aussie top grade via New South Wales country football.

McCracken became one of the best. Around this time, another young man named Tony Kemp had beaten the New Zealand Rugby League in court, not wanting to quit Newcastle as demanded by the terms of the NZRL's rookie scheme. Kemp - now an NZRL bigwig - won on a restraint of trade ruling.

The free market now rules, but an easier path doesn't always make it easier for young men leaving home, going to a new country. For instance, the Warriors' first grade side this year included Carlos Tuimavave, who got homesick at the Canterbury Bulldogs and grabbed his chance to return.

O'Sullivan not only has to find the players, but persuade them in his club's direction. He likes to act alone, away from the scout "circus", by picking a target, and striking quickly. New Zealand is fertile ground.

"In league, if you are good enough you are old enough. Rugby union likes bringing people through a system," he says. "The number of New Zealanders going to the NRL will only increase. "New Zealand lads are built for our game - they're explosive, athletic, skilful. Over the years their endurance levels have got better."

A day in Wellington is one he will never forget, after spotting a big, frizzy-haired kid smashing his New South Wales country opposite in the curtainraiser to a top-level junior clash. O'Sullivan gave an award to the smashed-up kid, praising him for never giving up.

"Will you sign me, Mr O'Sullivan?" the bruised and battered one asked.

"No, I'm signing the kid who kept belting you," the famous scout replied. The NRL journey for Sam Tagataese, now at the Sharks, was under way.

Tuivasa-Sheck has come to grips with life over the ditch, dealing with paperwork, flatting with two young Brisbane players he didn't know, dealing with a new city. His family are on the way.

O'Sullivan, meanwhile, will be moving around, here and there, watching football, usually dressed in mufti rather than club colours, looking for that one special thing in a player, and ignoring other voices. As his attention was grabbed by Tuivasa-Sheck in Papakura last year, one such voice sidled up to him.

"Look at the centre for Otahuhu, he's the best player in the tournament," said the voice.

O'Sullivan replied: "He's not even the best player in his team."

While on the road, the Aussie scouts will meet for a drink.

"There will be a few show and goes," says O'Sullivan. "It's more about withholding what you really think than telling lies."

Another Aussie scout recounts for the Herald being taught by a wise old dog to cover the tracks when necessary by publicly talking to a decoy player. On one occasion at least, this led to a decoy getting a contract.

The Warriors' John Ackland recalls a youngster in his club's system who kept stalling on a bog-standard $3000 start-up contract. Finally, it emerged that his "manager" was playing hardball. The manager turned out to be a forklift operator at the warehouse where the young player worked.

"There were loads of people around who thought they could make it big as managers," Ackland recalls. Finding the talent is one thing, securing it another.

So what did O'Sullivan see in the 15-year-old Inglis, at a junior tournament match at Port Macquarie on the northern coast of New South Wales, and what happened next?

"He just glided - the most gifted athlete I've ever come across. No other club was chasing him," O'Sullivan recalls.

He returned to tiny Macksville a few days later, meeting Inglis, his mother and grandmother. Inglis was very keen and it was, he says, an easy signing.

Peter O'Sullivan has the eye. But maybe there's also something in that voice.

3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Why Roger Tuivasa-Sheck's left foot is the NRL's most important commodity
    Date August 14, 2015
    Acrobatic: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck plants one down against Newcastle last weekend. Photo: Jonathan Carroll

Left foot! Left foot! Left foot!

We can all sit there, armchair halfbacks and Monday experts that we are, and see it coming.

Popular: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is swamped by teammates after scoring at Hunter Stadium. Photo: Jonathan Carroll

So can the other team. They've pored over vision of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck all week. They've been drilled by their defensive coaches about how to shut it down.

In the heat of battle, they will quickly move up in a straight line, hunting down the Roosters fullback. On the kick return, as the defenders swarm, they scream at each other about what's to come.

Touchdown: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck dives over to score a try in the corner. Photo: Matt King

"Then he goes, 'Bang!' off the left foot and beats them anyway," chuckles Roosters five-eighth James Maloney. "They know it's coming and still can't stop it. It's just become the norm now. It's the expectation of Roger."

Says coach Trent Robinson: "Stepping around corners. Most people know it's there, but there's a right foot as well."

Says winger Daniel Tupou: "I take the second run after him and it's pretty funny because they [the other team] still can't get it right. It happens all the time. It happens at training. I tell him to do that to me. He runs at me. I know he'll go left, but then he goes back to the right, back to the left ... He's a freak."

Standing tall: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Says speed coach Hayden Knowles: "We have world-class players in our side. But in pre-season he just embarrassed other guys. He's ridiculous."

Says back-rower Boyd Cordner: "He never steps me at training. I just watch. When they talk about a change of direction at speed, I've watched him from behind and he moves sideways. Three metres sideways."

What did we ever do before YouTube? If you've got a spare hour, search for Tuivasa-Sheck and overdose on the highlights from the last three seasons. The try that stands above all of them came against Melbourne at AAMI Park last year, when he was playing on the right wing. Maloney spiralled a long, cut-out pass to Tuivasa-Sheck. Opposite him stood the Storm's Young Tonumaipea, who'd shown a metre of grass between himself and the sideline. About enough room for a ghost to slip through. Then it came.

Well, just the one. Tuivasa-Sheck then shimmied back the other way, his hips moving like a snake. Tonumaipea threw out an arm but all he caught was a cold. Try in the corner.

"This fella could sneak through a keyhole!" boomed Phil Gould on Channel Nine's commentary.

"That is the freakiest one I've ever seen," recalls Tupou. "He just had that small gap. Left foot ... "

If you're looking for an explanation to when the left foot is coming and how the left foot happens, don't ask the person who the left foot belongs to.

"Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do," Tuivasa-Sheck says. "Sometimes I just go off what I think the opposition is going to do. If I see a player leaning in too much, or I see him over-chasing, I work off that. But if I get into tight situations, I just go left foot, left foot, left foot."

Tuivasa-Sheck stands before his teammates at the Roosters' offices in Moore Park in April this year, the tears welling in his eyes.

He's sad but also pissed off, because the news has broken prematurely – it always does – that he has signed a fat contract with the Warriors from next season.

"I will get the job done," he tells them, referring to the rest of his year. "I won't let anyone down."

Tuivasa-Sheck, 22, remembers it this way: "I was angry because it was leaked out before I had my time to tell the boys. There was media all over. Everyone was asking, 'What's going on?' We all came up to the office and I stood in front of them and told them the news. Just looking at the faces when I was talking, was very emotional. It came down to the Sydney Roosters and my family. It came down to those two, split down the middle. I made the final call for personal reasons."

It also came down to about $800,000 a season, which was almost double what the Roosters could afford under the constraints of the salary cap. Matthew Johns reckoned it was an "expensive mistake", because Tuivasa-Sheck would benefit more staying at a club like the Roosters. The feeling at the club was that the offer was literally too good to refuse, although Roosters recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan admitted he was "personally gutted".

"We brought him over here [from New Zealand] when he was 18-years-old," he told News Corp. "We set him up, we employed him. We helped his family and it's well documented 'Mini' [former Roosters fullback Anthony Minichiello] helped him with his fullback play and diet. The coaching staff has made him the player he is today."

With the ink now dry on the deal, Roosters players are already regretting his absence next season, but want to make the most of Tuivasa-Sheck's form as they warm towards a second premiership in three years. "I understood why he signed with the Warriors," says Robinson. "Roger came and talked to me about it. I truly respect him as a person, and what he's done. He made those decisions for the right reasons, for him. I'm cool with all that. I just wanted to make the most of it this year. I didn't want to treat him differently, and that he knew we respected him."

Since then, Tuivasa-Sheck has seemingly taken his game to another level, although the coach rejects the notion that it was a turning point in his fullback's season. "He was impressive from round one," he says. "He hit the ground running."

Running? He hasn't stopped, clocking 4692 metres from 436 runs heading into Saturday night's match at Allianz Stadium against Parramatta. The nearest player is Storm prop Jesse Bromwich (3233m from 342 runs).

Tuivasa-Sheck has been in a hurry from the moment former coach Brian Smith slotted him onto the wing against the Gold Coast in round 21 in 2012. "How about this young winger?" asked one reporter at the post-match media conference. "How do you pronounce that name again?"

"It's pretty simple," replied Smith. "Tuivasa-Sheck. You'll remember that name."

It's not so much the name as the step they remember now. Actually, they remember the acronym. You've made it when you're just an acronym. SBW. DCE. SKD. The kiddies out there in suburbia and beyond simply call him "RTS".

The NRL can deploy platoons of marketing spivs to sell the game, but nothing draws in the kiddies like a player who can step.

They once mimicked Brad Fitter. And Mark Gasnier. And Karmichael Hunt. And Benji Marshall. And Shaun Johnson. Right now, it's RTS. Depending on your vintage, the most memorable left foot in the history of the modern game belonged to Fittler.

He would run at a defensive line, snapping off the left foot so hard you wondered if it might get stuck in the turf. Talk to rival coaches from the 1990s, when Fittler's left foot was at its deadliest, and they explain the magic in that step was that it couldn't be predicted. "It would come on the stride before you expected it," says one. "It was unstoppable."

While Gasnier had a shimmy, and Hunt and Marshall and Johnson have a lot of skip and hop and air-time in their step, the mesmerising part of Tuivasa-Sheck's is the ease of it. They talk about soft hands in cricket. He has soft feet. He doesn't step off his left foot as much as glide off it, with devastating consequence. "And he's powerful," says halfback Mitchell Pearce. "He's got a big arse and legs, and he's tough. He will challenge big guys."

Says Robinson: "It's very different. Even guys that try to mimic it, it doesn't come off because they lose too much power off it. For some reason, he has a huge angle on that step. But he's also got a really strong right foot, too."

4. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Tuivasa-Sheck breaks NRL record
    10:58 AM Sunday Aug 23, 2015
    Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is congratulated by Roosters teammates after scoring against the Broncos. Photo /Getty

Trent Robinson issued a bittersweet prediction that Warriors-bound Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was only going to get better as the Sydney Roosters maestro wrote his name into the NRL record books.

Tuivasa-Sheck set a new benchmark for the most running metres in a season with a monster 268-metre effort in Saturday's 12-10 win over Brisbane.

He passed his Roosters No.1 predecessor Anthony Minichiello's 2004 mark of 4590m as he took his tally to 4717m with two rounds remaining.

He also became the first player since records started being kept in 1999 to run for 250-plus metres on five occasions and eclipsed Jarryd Hayne's 2009 mark for most 200-plus metres games in a year with 11.

Robinson was in awe that Tuivasa-Sheck has set so many new records all within 24 rounds.

The Roosters coach says we haven't seen the best of the 22-year-old but he made the prediciton in the knowledge Tuivasa-Sheck will leave Moore Park at the end of their 2015 campaign.

It would pain him to know that one of his players has blossomed into one of the game's best attacking weapons at a time he was winding up his stay in Australia.

"This will sound funny but I think Roger can get better than where he's at the moment," Robinson said.

"But that running record, the way he brings the ball back, it's changed the way that we attack out of the back field.

"It's been enormous the way that he's carried. And he doesn't have an off-switch when it comes to carrying the ball.

"We had two (carries) in that corner - Dylan Napa had the first one and Roger had the second to get us out of trouble. They were huge plays.

"Roger works so hard. Setting that record after round 24, he's learnt some things off Mini and pushed his limits.

"I still reckon Roger's got some (improvement) in him as well."

One of the highlights of the night was a monster step that Tuivasa-Sheck put on Brisbane captain Justin Hodges.

The Australian three-quarter compared him to livewire greats Preston Campbell and Matt Bowen and revealed he was an unabashed fan.

"He's good on his feet," Hodges said.

"I love watching him play, he's a freak of a player.

5. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck reminds Roosters fans what they’ll be missing next year with red-hot display against Rabbitohs
    September 5, 2015 1:16am
    Christian NicolussiThe Daily Telegraph
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Tuivasa-Sheck was at it again on Friday night, running for an amazing 227 metres — and passing the magical 5000m mark for the season — and making eight tackle busts.

Every time he touched the ball the Chooks’ faithful rose to their feet.

Roosters fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck tries to beat the tackle of Dylan Walker.
    Coach Trent Robinson said: “He’s amazing to watch, and where he’s got to this year, and the level of confidence, the combinations he’s built with the guys around him, he’s having fun.

“You can see that in the way he plays his footy. He’s enjoying himself out there.

“We’re not sure what he’s going to do, that’s why it’s hard for the opposition.

“You sit back and watch him come up with something.’’

A perfect moment of that unpredictability was nearing half-time when Tuivasa-Sheck took on the line as Souths’ five-eighth Luke Keary wasn’t sure what to do.

Was Tuivasa-Sheck going to run, step, spin, pass?

He drew Keary and then waited to fire a bullet-like pass to Aidan Guerra to score.

It was beautiful to watch.
    Roger Tuivasa-Sheck makes a break for the Roosters.

It’s just a shame that the New Zealand Warriors will have him for next year.

Had he stuck around Bondi, he could have become a bigger deal than former Kiwi favourite Sonny Bill Williams.

It’s worth having that debate over an overpriced latte at any eastern suburbs cafe.

The Kiwis are good for producing a decent footballer. The Roosters’ have a couple of New Zealand internationals in Sam Moa and Shaun Kenny-Dowall.

Throw in Mark Graham, Stacey Jones, Benji Marshall and Sonny Bill.

Johns could be on to something if Tuivasa-Sheck continues to develop at the rate he’s going.

6. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

Just watching this highlights package, does he ever step off his right?

I wonder how he will do in his 2nd year as a full time fullback, hopefully not 2nd season syndrome

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  7. drake83
    Join:
    Jan 14, 2013

drake83 1st Grade Fringe

Was brilliant last night has added some ball playing to his game this year, cant wait for this guys arrival, take some heat of Shaun.
    Guy is going to be a great, commentators were asking the question of would he be the best ever kiwi player of all time when all is said and done.

8. Bouncy Meatballs
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2012

Bouncy Meatballs Warriors Bench Player

I just hope we don't destroy his career.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List

9. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Tuivasa-REKT

10. a.c.e
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

a.c.e 1st Grade Fringe

Tell the NFL to piss off please, this kid is to busy loving his NRL life.

11. mode81
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2012

mode81 1st Grade Fringe

I hope RTS comes here and blows all these lazy ass bastards out of the water just through sheer professionalism

Show them how a real NRL player is meant to act professionally on field and off field, train and play.

Standards and attitudes are gonna lift considerably once he kicks all their asses at training I just hope he doesn't fall into the stupid 'bro culture' where the players are more worried about social media then league.

• List
  12. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

"It's just a shame the NZ Warriors will have him next year"

Lol @ Aussie journalism. Those damn poaching Kiwis.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Player of year IMO ( 5000 meters! Need I say more ) although we all know they'll give the dally m to thurston.
    Should be favorite for the golden boot tho if we can beat the poms and hold onto that number 1 ranking.

14. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Gus with some interesting comments on RTS today when Finch asked if there was a fear his career might stall coming to us.

Paraphrasing but along the lines of "No, not at all, he will improve the Warriors immensely just by being there. On his own. He'll find a way."

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Horriors2014
    Join:
    Mar 16, 2014

Horriors2014 1st Grade Fringe

Puts a lot of pressure on us knowing we're expected to fuck his career up.

If we can't win with RTS, Luke, SJ, Manu, Hurrell, Mutts and Mannering, Hoffman then you have to say we still don't have professional standards.

16. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Hopefully all them guys can stay injury free.
    Honestly watching RTS the other night I was holding my breath every time he touched the ball- u know how many times that fulla touches the farking ball?

• List
  17. wazzas
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

wazzas 1st Grade Fringe

I'm not sure what to make of this because I can't seem to access the video. but bulldogs fans (i'm not are why) say on their forum that RTS regrets signing with us:

I: Any regrets signing with the Warriors?
    RTS: Yeh aww alot alot yeh it's tough.

I: Is there any time you've thought you've made the wrong decision, and I want to stay?
    RTS: Awww there was plenty of those, plenty of those. You see the boys at work and the coaching staff and bond I've created with them and it's tough. Again again I have my family to look after though.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but can anyone else access the video??

18. Navigator
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Navigator 1st Grade Fringe

yeah just watched the video and he was asked the questions but it appears to be heavily edited you only get to hear half of his answers then it goes to the next question.....Bloody Media

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    • List
  19. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Freddie Futler 1st Grade Fringe

You missed "Cappy"

20. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

I read that as a kid trying to leave roosters club supporters and team mates on a good note.....hes basically saying I regret leaving my team but 1st priority is family/ home.
    I think he's fully entitled to regret that stuff....

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List