Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

1. leaguejunkie
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

leaguejunkie 1st Grade Fringe

I honestly believe he's weighed down by the captaincy and the pressures that come with it. He's obviously been given no media training and looks absolutely lost for words during pressers.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

2. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

It seems everyone at the Warriors is afflicted the same way, except maybe Lillyman..:meh:

But seriously I think you're right in making that observation, what looked to be a good and pro-active move has had an opposite effect so far. Chalk it up and move on, there will be plenty of change in the off season and not just in personnel.

• List
  3. Hadyn
    Join:
    May 3, 2013

Hadyn 1st Grade Fringe

RTS........ Hot stepper who can't tackle for shit unfortunately.Goes to University part time so therefore automatic choice of management as Captain.Tries hard but too inconsistent defensively too rate in the top tier of fullbacks in this comp.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    • List
  4. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

Which is quite remarkable considering he easily won the Dally M Fullback of the Year in 2015 before coming here. Arguably the best fullback season ever played in the modern era...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Hadyn
    Join:
    May 3, 2013

Hadyn 1st Grade Fringe

Fair enough comment and obviously can't be refuted but that was 2015.He was injured last year and unfortunately at the moment he is no where near as effective.Also remember that the Dallly M awards are very subjective and he would have accumulated most of his points by displaying his attacking prowess behind a dominant forward pack.With his running ability he was always going to look good however this year his defence has frankly not been up to standard.He tends to rush up too quickly and then late footwork leaves him a little stranded and the result is often an arm extended which is easily bruised aside.He won't be winning Dally M fullback of the year this season.
    Also I would venture to suggest that the Roosters knew of this weakness as evidenced by their offer of $400K per season when originally he had been earmarked early on as Minichellos long term successor.He wanted to stay but the Roosters weren't prepared to pay him enough.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  6. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

A wee snapshot of how RTS is measuring up against the other big guns this year.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• List
  7. Otto Sump
    Join:
    Aug 4, 2015

Otto Sump Warriors Bench Player

So in other words he's missing more than 50% of his tackles. Unfortunately more often than not they're the ones where he is our last line of defence.:(

8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

In a decent rugby or league team the fullback should not have to tackle...period.
    I think the kid is an inspired signing, I just worry that he has the weight of the team on his young shoulders.
    What do you have against going to university? SK did a masnagement degree as well when he was at the Warriors. I would be more impressed with that than playing video games and drinking Red Bull and pills.

9. Leaguegod
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2015

Leaguegod 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

RTS a great signing but alas he won't be here after 2018.

• List
  10. Otto Sump
    Join:
    Aug 4, 2015

11. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I was meaning in pure theory, and that theory is 100% correct. If you want to look at missed tackles take Billy Slater as an example.

12. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

Thats rough on Slater, he has been one of the best fullback defenders in history, hes 33 now and hes at the end of his playing days. Id say compare him to Slater 10 years ago

• List
  13. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I was referring to the chart Defence posted above.

14. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

I get that but Slater is not the player he once was, though his numbers are still phenomenal, RTS is in his prime

What comes to mind with RTS starting this year is him continually letting the ball bounce from kicks and missing one on one tackles. His defence has been sub-par and the Warriors line leaks too much for a fullback not to be able to make a tackle or catch a ball

15. Otto Sump
    Join:
    Aug 4, 2015

But it's not theory. If it was we'd all be gnashing our teeth at what a frustrating chess team the warriors were to support.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

RTS did not have to defend like that at the Roosters.

17. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

If you were a coach and had to pick a player just to make tackles at the back, you would choose Slater everyday over RTS.

• List
  18. Iafetas Kickstand Wang
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Iafetas Kickstand Wang 1st Grade Fringe

Will he be joining Ayshford and Lillyman as leaving?

19. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

He didnt need to make so many tackles, because the Roosters were a somewhat decent team...warriors on the other hand...anyway RTS had a woeful tackling technique there too.

• List
  20. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

I was more interested in the tackles made than tackles missed tbh.
    Slater and Boyd in particular do a lot of work on their own goal line- basically giving the defensive line an extra man.
    Most of RTS tackles are made (or missed...) in open space.
    There's a lot of room for improvement there- his offensive stats are as good as any tho.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List