General Discussion Sebastine Ikahihifo

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Hitman82, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

Hitman82 submitted a new Showcase Item:

Sebastine Ikahihifo

Read more about this showcase item here...

2. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Always been a big fan. My daughter even named her budgie after him.
    Been round the scene for a couple of years now tho and it's time to start delivering on a more consistent basis.
    Powerfully built with a big motor.
    When he made his debut my mate I was watching the game with hadn't heard of him and goes- far out I'm getting tired just watching this kid.
    With a bit more experience he will start to find his way round the field without expending so much energy then hopefully we will see him hitting holes with the same vigour he did in the 20s.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  3. surfin
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

surfin Warriors 1st Grader

The budgie?

4. Benry's Smile
    Join:
    Jan 3, 2014

Benry's Smile Warriors Bench Player

cut the spinning crap he does in hit ups and would be a very useful player to bring on later in the games to run at some tired defences, run down the clock

5. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

Don't think he needs to cut it out. Just needs to perfect it. Was a common tactic of Pricey's and Wiki's. Also works really well in NFL. He may just crack it and start something new.

I think he'll be around for awhile. Did well enough when chucked in the deep end at the start of last year including playing 62 minutes in the Round 1 loss to the Eels. He played mostly at centre after Manu Vatuvei was injured in the 5th minute. Missed a game high 5 tackles but to come on and play that long with the big boys showed a hell of a lot of heart. Was only on the bench as a 2nd Rower interchange...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  6. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Well he does have a big upper body- pretty sure he skips legs day tho

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Sebastian
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Sebastian 1st Grade Fringe

Seb's best performance so far was against Manly. Manly were coming back into the game but Seb made a few hard nut charges and got us some momentuem back. If Manly don't like him. Well that's just a good sign. Be happy to see Seb on the bench instead of Lousi if injured.

• List
  8. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

I thought he looked a bit raw last year. He seems to have all the attributes, hopefully he is maturing into a more consistently effective player

• List

9. 95tilinfinity
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

95tilinfinity Warriors Bench Player

Ball of muscle that brings great enthusiasm to every charge he does coming off the bench. Just needs to work on his defence and the odd fumble of the ball. Awesome performer for the first title winning twenties team in 2010.

• List
  10. ramraider78
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2012

ramraider78 1st Grade Fringe

I've known sebas for a few years (played Premz footy for us at 17 or 18 from memory) and one thing he's always had IMO is the right attitude - this kid did the extras at a young age , road runs before and after school; I still believe he'll go a long way especially as he has the never say die attitude to follow his dreams;

• List
  11. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

Thats' the attitude needed to shift the Warriors forward. The old adage you play how you train is true. You need leaders at training showing the example. My opinion was that was Godinet's strength to the squad. The work ethic is vital. You can be the most talented player but if you are not up with play what use are you. Good to hear this guy has it.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  12. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Do u think he's more suited to playing on an edge or in the middle?

13. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

He's smaller than I thought looking at his stats. I like him but he's more of the same when you look at other players in the team. Henry, Bakuya and Peyroux are all about the same height and weight. He's got a few players there to get past.

• List
  14. ramraider78
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2012

ramraider78 1st Grade Fringe

IMO in the middle , never seen him as a edge runner but he does have a turn of speed for his size - his natural game to me is 2nd row , never seen him as a center.

Had a good talk with him last year at our club (sebas and agnatius passi donated there JK Jerseys to the club and had photos to hang on the wall), he still had that positive attitude,never give up; wanted to stick with the warriors even though people were telling him to find another NRL club for game time. He told me, "talent get's you so far, do the extras on/off the field and hard work will pay off" IMO those words are what some of the warriors FG + 20's players need adhere to.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  15. Benry's Smile
    Join:
    Jan 3, 2014

Benry's Smile Warriors Bench Player

Remember when he shoved Godinet out of the way and picked the ball up himself from dummy and took a run. More of that attitude please.

• List
  16. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Similar size but different body type and as ram raider said prob more suited to playing in the middle where as the guys u mentioned are all edge players IMO. I see him battling it out more with the likes of Gubb.
    13 is prob his best position. Obviously if Mannering moves there he's got no chance- well depending on if Mannering plays 80 or not? And of coarse there's always gonna be injuries.

Loving what I'm hearing here

17. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

Hitman82 updated Sebastine Ikahihifo

View updates to this showcase item...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  18. macker
    Join:

macker Guest

Apart from his kick to the grandstands with a winger unmarked incident in the Nines, I think he's got the goods.

But has he got a stable operating system? I get the feeling he's running windows vista at the mo like the rest of the team. Arrrrr

• List
  19. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

I think he has a very high skill level that may take a few years to really show through, he also has a good work rate, and most importantly in my opinion fast athletic movements. A lot of our 20's have had good skill levels but it's slow motion.

• List
  20. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Ball security, ball security, and ball security.

Get this right and this guy will have an enduring first grade career.....he's got all the other tools.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List