Shaun Johnson

1. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

I was going off what everyone else and the media was writing. Feel like a right idiot know though me and my work mate were telling everyone this morning he was out for the season and no world cup.

Donald Trump was right. God damn fake news.

2. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

Have to say I was baited with the headline they used. The way the article was worded though suggested they didnt actually know lol. Clickbait wankers...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. demco
    Join:
    Mar 9, 2013

demco 1st Grade Fringe

I fear SJ is made of glass....physically and mentally.... You hit the nail on the head he is happy he just signed a long term contract sounds a bit like Manu did when he knew he was glass too and just play a token game to pick up his big pay packet

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  4. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Yeah all players get super excited to pick up injuries. You could see the joy in his face. He signed a 2 year deal. But yeah i agree, he should have signed on for 100k as thats all he is worth. Afterall everyone here would take a big paycut to stay at our employers right?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

I couldn't work out how he had done an ACL either. Never seen one happen like that, not even on poor playing surfaces.

I don't have a replay of the incident recorded, but just out of interest, was SJ leading the chase to the loose ball? If that Sao try had been allowed it could have been a different result.

6. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Damn, only a PCL! SJ should have played on, then we could all blame him for the loss..

You know who you are, dickheads!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  7. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

So relieved, great news about the PCL
    Praise Kearney, all hail the process

8. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

Good news. Hope he's fit for the RLWC but not rushed back

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List

9. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

I really hope he sits it out. Guy could use a break mentally and physically. Stepping into Kidwell's three ring circus isn't going to help with that at all.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  10. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

You have to laugh at the shit that some people try to hang on SJ. His contribution to the team is so far beyond everyone bar Mannering and occasionally RTS that it isn't funny. So glad to hear he doesn't have to endure another lengthy injury rehab period.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • List
  11. shuffle
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

shuffle 1st Grade Fringe

I see people saying Johnson mentally weak the thing is is that he was 2nd or leading in try assist this year behind a pretty shit forward pack. The thing is there isnt any team in the world in both codes that wouldnt take Johnson.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  12. hoolioh
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2016

hoolioh Warriors Bench Player

A lot of Johnsons game has improved over the years. His running game has definitely gone backwards though and that was his strength. Weather it be his ankle or whatever he's definitely lost some gas. He would look a lot more like the million dollar man if our pack were not getting man handled all the time.

• List
  13. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

This. There's only so much you can do when your forwards are barely running above a light jog and the backs have dicks for hands. Does Johnson fuck up from time to time? Yes. Is he let down by his team mates and the way they are coached more often? Fuck yes.

I sound like a broken record, but put him in any of the teams floating around 5th-8th and watch them shoot up the ladder. Particularly the Dragons who have a good back but a below average spine apart from Widdop.

Also - super relieved it isn't an ACL. Best news we've had all season tbh haha

• List
  14. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Still too pretty for my liking.

But thats just me.

15. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

This day and age theres nothing wrong with you having homosexual urges. Dont deny yourself to yourself. Might give you depression which something else you dont think exists...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  16. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

I like my boys rough mate. If i wanted pretty I'd watch soccer.

And yes, i am depressed. I follow the Warriors. What do you expect?

17. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

NRL: Injured Warriors star Shaun Johnson 'back within a month'
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Sports writer
    This email is not visible to you. Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Warriors halfback Shaun Johnson is focused on strengthening his injured knee but coach Stephen Kearney is optimistic he'll be fit to play within the next month.

The 26-year-old is looking forward to playing again this season after scans on Monday revealed he would be sidelined for just six to eight weeks after tearing the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during last Friday's 34-22 NRL defeat to Penrith.

That news came as a welcome relief after initial diagnosis suggested he had suffered season-ending damage to his anterior cruciate ligament.

"I'm very relieved. It was a pretty surreal situation to be in," said Johnson.

"Getting told the news straight after the game, or even actually as I was walking off the field, I got a sense that they thought it was something serious, so getting told a couple of days later that it wasn't going to be that way was very pleasing.

"They reckon about six to eight weeks and I should be right."

With the Warriors' playoff hopes hanging by a thread with seven games remaining in the regular season and the Kiwis relying on their chief playmaker being fit for the Rugby League World Cup in November, Johnson was hesitant to specify when he expects to make a playing return.

But Kearney is confident he will make a fast recovery and hopes he will be back in the No 7 jersey sooner than anticipated.

"My personal opinion is I think he'll be back a couple of weeks before then," said Kearney.

"He's moving around pretty well. I'm not a doctor or a surgeon or anything like that but I just get the feeling he could be back sooner than expected.

"He's a good rehabber and he's a pretty good athlete too in that sense so I think he'll be back a bit quicker than what we anticipate.

"Six to eight weeks, they [the medical staff] said it was an ACL on Friday too, so I don't know if I'll listen to them."

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  18. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

I'm glad that Kearney clarified in the article that he isn't a surgeon - I mean he's clearly a real intellect and so I'm therefore happy to listen to his medical opinions on SJ's knee. However I must remind myself that he's a league coach first and foremost and therefore SJ might take a bit longer than a month to be back out there leading us to the playoffs.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • List
  19. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

As long as the knees follow the process, SJ will be back when SK says he will be, y'know?

20. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

Good news for next season but why exactly should I give a shit at this point Shaun?

I'd prefer to watch Lino playing for nothing for the remainder of this current shitfest anyway, seems slightly less tragic this way.