Shaun Johnson

1. Deranged
    Join:
    May 24, 2012

Deranged Warriors Bench Player

My girlfriend did her acl drunkingly dancing on a couch at a uni party.

Didn't realise she had done anything serious until she went to physio a week later.

2. Sledge
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2016

Sledge 1st Grade Fringe

That's because she's a blow up doll;)

3. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

I hope he is not rushed back by either the Kiwi's or Warriors. I suspect they will though. Kearney is already saying he has a feeling he will be back in a month and Kidwell will have conceded defeat without him. The most important thing is that he is 100% fit and ready for 2018, not a few meaningless games at season end or internationals. Could be a few positives for us if he is properly rested.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  4. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

He needs to earn that million dollar salary on the field.

No point sitting on the sideline looking pretty all wrapped up in cotton wool...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

The try assists is a good start but that along with a long kicking game doesn't make him with a million bucks, if he could get that kicking more accurate and consistent, manage a game and had his speed and evasiveness back then he would be worth it. Shit if he could get 2 out of the last 3 that might be enough, but if not then I cant see us winning a premiership with him running the team.

His defence is not flash either but you could say that about a few halfbacks over the years so wont judge him on that.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  6. Off for ten
    Join:
    Jun 9, 2017

Off for ten Waterboy

Not sure how i feel about it just being a PCL. He could be back in 4 weeks i guess. Id love to see Benji back in black but with SJ fit he will miss out.

7. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

I agree but not if he is 90%. We don't have anything to play for. I wouldn't risk it just to make it look like he is earning his salary.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  8. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

This stage of the season most players are playing 90% fit. As long as he is cleared by the meds he can get his ass out there and earn his pay...

9. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

If the seasons already gone before he's back I wouldn't play him- better off protecting your million dollar investment. Also then u can tell the kiwis he's still not ready. Give him a rest before the next toughest pre season ever:rolleyes:.
    And.... if we are still in the running when he comes back I probably still wouldn't play him- coz that would mean we're traveling better with Lino anyway (you'd have him on the bench I suppose).

• List
  10. Dunedin warrior
    Join:
    Nov 10, 2014

Dunedin warrior 1st Grade Fringe

I wouldn't rush SJ back unless we by some miracle are still in contention. We did that with Tomkins with the same injury and he has been terrible ever since.

• List
  11. Guvna Mac
    Join:
    Jul 26, 2015

Guvna Mac Warriors Bench Player

Watching Tui with the Tigers has me convinced we will never see the best of SJ, So many Junior Warriors developed players play their best football after leaving....

Should have left when he had the chance.

• List
  12. ejbrenu2
    Join:
    Aug 3, 2017

ejbrenu2 Warriors Bench Player

I watched Tui too. Some of his flaws remain, like arm grabbing in defence, but he is playing with the confidence Cleary seems to give to his players regardless of position on the ladder. It is good to see.

I think SJ gets a raw deal. His absence is noticeable and too many times we rely on some individual SJ brilliance to win us the game. His try assists are up there with the best in the comp, despite being behind a pack that hasn't been generating any space for him and with all due respect to Foran, being partnered with a halves partner who hides most the game.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  13. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I've never seen Foz take so many hitups.

Like you say SJ is hampered by a Forward pack that creates no space. Foz is in the same boat.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  14. ejbrenu2
    Join:
    Aug 3, 2017

True that and Luke and RTS. The thing that got me with Foz is the game SJ got injured he literally just disappeared and Hingano was left to do everything. Granted he is churning out metres at the moment but he was generally a pointless signing. I used to rate him higher than DCE and maybe he will go well at the Dogs but he had been a failed experiment IMO

• List
  15. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

He wont be playing again this season judging by the fact he has been out on this piss in Ponsonby while injured.

16. MXRecord
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2014

MXRecord 1st Grade Fringe

That doesn't surprise me.

17. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

I think he got swamped when SJ went off. It's something our team is unable to do and that's take a playmaker out of the game.

So Ata looks awesome, but really he's not being attacked by the opposition defence, as they don't rate him, and therefore has the kind of breathing space that every other half in the comp would kill for.

The other big difference between Foz and SJ is Foz is the brain working a structure while SJ is a one man sidestepping machine who just needs the defence to clock off and it's try time.

Foz is surrounded by guys here who can't work out what to do next so he's wasted here. It doesn't make him a bad player.

• List
  18. ejbrenu2
    Join:
    Aug 3, 2017

I wouldn't call foz a bad player. Like many others he has just been a bad signing for The Warriors given he will only play the one year with us and his output in that time.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing but we would of been better improving our front row stocks than signing someone on a one year contract who wouldn't be fit for the start of the season.

Similar to your argument with Foz, SJ will have little choice other than to side step around if the players around him are doing bugger all. He is nearly a try assist a game which is good when you consider how little space he gets due to our pack constantly being dominated.

• List
  19. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

You know what the insane thing is. In 2011 we had a team stacked full of tackle bots, and Malone and SJ took that team to the GF.

Drop Foz and SJ into the Dogs next year and they'd go deep into the finals... Don't get any ideas SJ...:nailbiting:

When's the rebuild starting? First they have to accept that they fucked up in 2012 I guess..

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  20. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

No we had SJ, Maloney, a very inform Locke, the best winger in the comp at the time and arguably the best ball playing second rower in the comp at the time. We also had what was widely described as the best 4-prop rotation in the comp.

Drop Foran into any team and he won't make much difference. Drop SJ in and he definitely would.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List