Shaun Johnson

1. theleagueguy
    Join:
    May 9, 2015

theleagueguy Warriors Bench Player

Johnson has a great combination with Bodene Thompson, 6 tries a season most for any forward for the Warriors the last three years. The Warriors play right & left halves. Hence why Hoffman & Mannering have scored more tries with Foran playing on that side of the ball. Foran has worked out that Sheck is the Ultimate decoy & he has also worked out the space for sheck is on the inside.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

So how is SJ expected to play behind these forwards.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
    • List
  3. Whiteknight
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2016

Whiteknight NSW Cup Player

And therein lies the age old Warriors question...gets asked every season since 2012

• List
  4. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

i hear ya but my biggest bugbear with SJ is his last tackle options, Lino has been able to get more repeat sets in a few games than SJ has all year (dont look it up, I made that stat up). The pack has not gotten better since SJ got injured so he needs to sort out that part of his game or we need to keep Lino with Johnson at 6 and give Lino the ball when in the opposition 22 at the end of our set. Sorry Ata, but hang round coz SJ is bound to get injured.

• List
  5. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Mason Lino is an under rated player. He has always had a good kicking game close to the line, I just wondered how he would go with the faster line speed of FG. He is coping ok and will only get better. He might even be better than SJ at the short game. However Johnson has than lightning acceleration, top line speed and the high punt. So Lino is not better than SJ, but a handy partner or backup.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List